Windows 10: Windows s mode antivirus

Discus and support Windows s mode antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Ive just purchased a laptop running windows 10 s mode. What antivirus software if conpatible with this? Or does it have full virus protection already?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dylanbarlow1, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Windows s mode antivirus

Ive just purchased a laptop running windows 10 s mode. What antivirus software if conpatible with this? Or does it have full virus protection already?

:)

dylanbarlow1, Jan 25, 2021

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Windows s mode antivirus

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows s mode antivirus

1. Windows s mode antivirus - Similar Threads - mode antivirus

2. how to remove s mode so I can install antivirus or other programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove s mode so I can install antivirus or other programs: how to remove s mode so I can install antivirus software or external devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-s-mode-so-i-can-install-antivirus-or/9210a95e-5c3f-4eb9-9d2b-214e4cfb0bea
  3. how to remove s mode so I can install antivirus or other programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove s mode so I can install antivirus or other programs: how to remove s mode so I can install antivirus software or external devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-s-mode-so-i-can-install-antivirus-or/9210a95e-5c3f-4eb9-9d2b-214e4cfb0bea
  4. Can't install antivirus protection in Windows 11 in S-Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install antivirus protection in Windows 11 in S-Mode: I have a new HP laptop with Windows 11 in S-mode.Despite all assurances that Windows Defender will make the computer secure I am now getting frequent malicious pop-ups that my "computer is damaged by suspicious programs", etc., obviously a malware. I tried installing an...
  5. Can't install antivirus protection in Windows 11 in S-Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install antivirus protection in Windows 11 in S-Mode: I have a new HP laptop with Windows 11 in S-mode.Despite all assurances that Windows Defender will make the computer secure I am now getting frequent malicious pop-ups that my "computer is damaged by suspicious programs", etc., obviously a malware. I tried installing an...
  6. Antivirus position - Windows 11 S Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus position - Windows 11 S Mode: Hi. I have a new HP 15s-fq2024na laptop running Windows 11 S mode. I don't understand the antivirus situation - why are there no options for scans? Is it not necessary in S mode? Also, there is supposed to be a year's free McAfee LiveSafe on the laptop, I can find it in...
  7. Windows 11 S mode - antivirus question

Windows 11 S mode - antivirus question: Just got a PC with Windows 11 S mode. I understand its running security in the background. However, I have a hard drive to plug in and I want to scan it. Any way to do a quick scan or doesn't it work like that? Just want to make sure the hard drive is virus free....
  8. Should I take my windows 10 out of s mode to install another antivirus?

Should I take my windows 10 out of s mode to install another antivirus?: I bought webroot had it before and didn't know I would be asked to change permanently something on my computer to install it. I guess if I take this off of s mode on my computer I can't get it back on it. Not sure what to do now. I should have an antivirus shouldn't I? and...
  9. Windows 10: Chrome to get new antivirus and dark mode improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Chrome to get new antivirus and dark mode improvements: Chromium-based web browsers – Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome – can now run smoothly on Windows 10 when antivirus tools are activated, thanks to a new Chromium update. According to Google engineer Bruce Dawson, certain browser functions may not work properly when your...
  10. S mode and antivirus

S mode and antivirus: I have been debating switching out of S mode since I got my device, but I am scared of what exactly that would mean. If I get rid of S mode, does antivirus protection go with it, or are they unrelated? To my understanding, S mode is "Added Protection", but if I get rid of it,...