Windows 10: Windows s mode : cisco and zoom

Discus and support Windows s mode : cisco and zoom in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Please help. I have recently bought a new laptop with windows 10 OS and purchase the 360 package for the purposes of working from home. As an nhs... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lucymurray2, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Windows s mode : cisco and zoom

Please help.

I have recently bought a new laptop with windows 10 OS and purchase the 360 package for the purposes of working from home. As an nhs employee it is possible to download CISCO softwear and log onto the Trust desktop remotely. I have followed all my trust guidance and cant seem to manage it. I now think it is because my laptop comes with this s mode which is blocking the necessary softwear. Surely im not the only nhs worker with this problem. My trust IT dept have said it's beyond their remit to resolve this.

Any suggestions? what are the possible negative consequences of removing s mode.

As an aside point, my non-nhs work is conducted on zoom and similarly I cannot download this softwear either

thanks.

:)

lucymurray2, Dec 9, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Dec 9, 2020
  3. tereanne Win User
    My microphone doesn't work on Zoom, but does on Cisco WebEx.

Had similar problem over the last week. Had installed Cisco WebEx for a webinar training session then discovered Zoom and Skype could no longer access microphone. Tried various ideas suggested. The only remedy, which seems to have worked, is to uninstall
    Cisco.

tereanne, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Windows s mode : cisco and zoom

Cisco AnyConnect

Hello
    Xiu RuLim,

It seems that there are some traces in the registry left even after uninstalling the program.
    I suggest that you follow these steps to delete the registry keys related to Cisco AnyConnect.

Disclaimer: The steps below includes system registry modification. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Make sure to backup registry first, please refer to this support article:
    How to back up the registry in Windows. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R. The run dialog box will open.
    2. Type regedit, then press Enter.
    3. Browse to the following location: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\
    4. Within the Products folder, locate and delete the registry key which contains product information for
      Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.

◦Each registry key within Products is an alphanumeric string. Select the first key and look on the right side for ProductName REG_SZ Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client. Go through each key in the Products folder until you find the one for Cisco AnyConnect
      Secure Mobility Client.
    5. Close the registry editor.
    6. Once done, try to start the installation for Cisco AnyConnect.

Hope this helps. If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows s mode : cisco and zoom

1. Windows s mode : cisco and zoom - Similar Threads - mode cisco zoom

2. Can't download Zoom on my windows in S Mode? Isn't there a Zoom app in the app store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download Zoom on my windows in S Mode? Isn't there a Zoom app in the app store?: If S mode is used so I can only get apps from the app store, why won't zoom, which I found in the app store, be available? And what problems will occur if I turn S mode off, so I can download Zoom?...
  3. Can't download Zoom on my windows in S Mode? Isn't there a Zoom app in the app store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download Zoom on my windows in S Mode? Isn't there a Zoom app in the app store?: If S mode is used so I can only get apps from the app store, why won't zoom, which I found in the app store, be available? And what problems will occur if I turn S mode off, so I can download Zoom?...
  4. Windows 11 S Mode ZOOM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 S Mode ZOOM?: I have a new laptop that's Windows 11 and is in S Mode. What is the set by set process to get zoom meeting on to the computer without taking the computer out of S Mode....
  5. Windows 11 S Mode ZOOM?

Windows 11 S Mode ZOOM?: I have a new laptop that's Windows 11 and is in S Mode. What is the set by set process to get zoom meeting on to the computer without taking the computer out of S Mode....
  6. Can I download Zoom in S Mode?

Can I download Zoom in S Mode?: can i download zoom in s mode?* Moved from Internet Explorer* Original title: Zoom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-download-zoom-in-s-mode/a28fcd67-3fe6-4469-955f-339ac90fcb34
  7. Can I download Zoom is S Mode?

Can I download Zoom is S Mode?: can i download zoom in s mode?* Moved from Internet Explorer* Original title: Zoom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-download-zoom-is-s-mode/a28fcd67-3fe6-4469-955f-339ac90fcb34
  8. Zooming browser(s)

in Browsers and Email
    Zooming browser(s): After what I thought was a Microsoft update that my p c told me was available to install last night, this morning both Edge and Google Chrome browsers will randomly zoom the viewing area of the browsers until they are both maxed at 500% zoom! I take them back to 100% and they...
  9. Zooming browser(s)

in Windows 10 Support
    Zooming browser(s): After what I thought was a Microsoft update that my p c told me was available to install last night, this morning both Edge and Google Chrome browsers will randomly zoom the viewing area of the browsers until they are both maxed at 500% zoom! I take them back to 100% and they...
  10. Zoom video app blocked by s - mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Zoom video app blocked by s - mode: I tried to download the Zoom video app to my laptop which has Windows 10 and Office 365 but the download is blocked by s-mode. I don't want to stop s mode but I can't find the Zoom video conferencing app in the MS Apps store.Is there a one there? Is there any plan to add it...