Windows 10: Windows S Mode duplex print -flip on the long side HP 8710

Discus and support Windows S Mode duplex print -flip on the long side HP 8710 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Am using Windows S Mode, Why cant I print double sided and flip on the long side using HP-8710? is there a driver upgrade for this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Coralsue, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Coralsue Win User

Windows S Mode duplex print -flip on the long side HP 8710

Am using Windows S Mode, Why cant I print double sided and flip on the long side using HP-8710? is there a driver upgrade for this?

:)

Coralsue, Jul 6, 2020

2. Microsoft Print to PDF won't print automatic duplex

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?

I understand your concern, let us try few troubleshooting to resolve this issue and check if that helps:-

Method 1: To print on both sides of a sheet of paper, do the following:

1. Click
    File > Print.

2. In the
    Printer list, select the printer you want to use.

3. In
    Settings, choose Print on Both Sides – Flip sheets on long edge or
    Print on Both Sides – Flip sheets on long edge.

Method 2: If you are still unable to print, I suggest you to refer the section on ‘What if duplex printing stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10?’ for the following article on
    HP Printers - How to Print on Both Sides of the Paper (Windows) (Duplexing) and check if that helps.

Reply with the status of the issue, in order to assist you further.

Hope it helps,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 6, 2020
  3. KIT
    Kit Win User
    How do you auto-duplex on HP m277dw printer with Windows 10?

Various forums suggest setting the Duplex Unit to Installed on the Device Settings dialog to get the HP m277dw printer to print double sided. I have done this and it works if I manually flip the pages:

Windows S Mode duplex print -flip on the long side HP 8710 YjI7s.png

This model printer has allowed for automatic duplexing for versions of Windows prior to Windows 10.

What can I do to cause the printer to auto-duplex under Windows 10, whether that's a setting on the printer itself, a driver update, or some obscure Windows setting? HP Support doesn't seem to know what to do.

4. Windows S Mode duplex print -flip on the long side HP 8710

MS Edge 2-sided print function gives no print button

In MS Edge, when I go to Print/More Settings/Duplex Printing/Print on 2 sides (flip on long edge), then Okay, there is a spinning circle for a while but no Print button. How do I print on both sides with MS Edge (on Windows 10)?

WilliamBLynn, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows S Mode duplex print -flip on the long side HP 8710

1. Windows S Mode duplex print -flip on the long side HP 8710 - Similar Threads - Mode duplex print

2. Epson print not offering manual double sided duplex printing on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson print not offering manual double sided duplex printing on Windows 11: I've recently got a new computer and installed Windows 11. On my old computer, I was always able to select double-sided printing manual. Now the double-sided option is greyed out and manual isn't even mentioned - This is pretty essential for my work! I'm using the EPSON...
  3. Epson print not offering manual double sided duplex printing on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Epson print not offering manual double sided duplex printing on Windows 11: I've recently got a new computer and installed Windows 11. On my old computer, I was always able to select double-sided printing manual. Now the double-sided option is greyed out and manual isn't even mentioned - This is pretty essential for my work! I'm using the EPSON...
  4. Duplex printing to HP printer misaligns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplex printing to HP printer misaligns: Duplex printing to HP printer misaligns pages Page number at different spot on odd and even pages. one higher than the other Top starts at different place 0n top and bottom margins One lower than the otherProblem exists for MS Word and PDF in DuplexSame document prints ok to...
  5. Duplex printing to HP printer misaligns

Duplex printing to HP printer misaligns: Duplex printing to HP printer misaligns pages Page number at different spot on odd and even pages. one higher than the other Top starts at different place 0n top and bottom margins One lower than the otherProblem exists for MS Word and PDF in DuplexSame document prints ok to...
  6. Windows 11 - no duplex printing?

Windows 11 - no duplex printing?: My new laptop with Windows 11 will not recognise that my printer is able to print duplex. It keeps saying Duplex enabled - NO! and I cannot alter this setting it seems. Duplex printing always works on my old Windows 10 laptop. So is this a problem solely with windows 11 and...
  7. 8710 HP PRINTER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    8710 HP PRINTER: I HAVE AN HP/8710 PRINTER THATCARTRIDGES DEPLETED,REPLACED ALL 4 WITH NEW ONES ,IT STILL SAYS CARTIDGES DEPLETED & WONT PRINT HOW DO I RESET IT?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/8710-hp-printer/a1bdb264-7d5a-4f1b-a67a-5c6f25ade211
  8. duplex printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    duplex printing: How can I get my HP OfficeJet 3830 to print duplex automatic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplex-printing/4cfd2451-0811-4275-b6f2-42e49373efb9
  9. 2 sided long edge printing switched to short side printing

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 sided long edge printing switched to short side printing: I was able to use 2 sided long edge printing earlier today and now it will only print 2 sided short edge. I have changed the settings and it still not print on long edge...
  10. Windows 10 Duplex Printing ONLY flipping on short side

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Duplex Printing ONLY flipping on short side: No matter what settings are used (flip long edge or short edge) Windows 10 ONLY prints flipping on the short edge. This is Windows-wide problem NOT specific to a program. I've tried Word, Open Office Writer, Notepad, Chrome, Edge, and Firefox... ALL Windows printing...