Windows 10: Windows S mode

Discus and support Windows S mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I will be getting a laptop with Windows 10s Mode, but i would like to change it to Windows 10 Home. My question is how to do it and how much will it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AllenLY, Jun 30, 2020 at 9:07 PM.

1. AllenLY Win User

Windows S mode

I will be getting a laptop with Windows 10s Mode, but i would like to change it to Windows 10 Home. My question is how to do it and how much will it cost. Thank you :

:)

2. Switching out of S Mode

I am having trouble switching my laptop out of S Mode. I went through the steps that are listed, and the Windows Store is updated and it won't let me click Get when you go to the screen to switch out of S mode.

ChelseaSmith3, Jun 30, 2020 at 9:10 PM
  3. cereberus Win User
    Enable S mode in Windows 10  

Ok - when time permits, I will have a crack but not at the moment.

As a suggestion, perhaps a guide subsection in the tutorials section mihht be useful i.e. guides like this that are easy enough to follow but assume sone experience?

I have written a couple of guides that people here have happily followed but they do not have every click e.g. I might say "use fix wondows boot problems"using Macrium Reflect, rather than showing every click, putting a reference to the MR Tutorial.

I could video every step and create a video more easily I suppose.

4. Windows S mode

S mode deactivation.

Hi jeremiascalderon,

This might be due to corrupted Windows Store cache. To resolve this issue, please reset the Store cache by following the steps below:

1. Click the Start menu button.
    2. Type wsreset.exe and press Enter.

In addition, you can refer to this article on how to switch out of S mode in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Adrianne Buc, Jun 30, 2020 at 9:10 PM
Thema:

Windows S mode

1. Windows S mode - Similar Threads - mode

2. Can't stop laptop going to sleep mode after 15 minutes.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't stop laptop going to sleep mode after 15 minutes.: I've changed the settings. Didn't work. Did some Googling and it said to go into RegEdit and make a change there. Which I did. But laptop still sleeps after 15 minutes idle. submitted by /u/Bradders33 [link] [comments]...
  3. installation of google chrome on microsoft 10 with s mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installation of google chrome on microsoft 10 with s mode: how to install google chrome on microsoft 10 in s mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-of-google-chrome-on-microsoft-10-with/189a3225-a900-4f8b-a56d-9954bd2ad18b
  4. Windows 10 update put my computer into demo mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 update put my computer into demo mode: I just updated my computer today after it forced an update and it logged me in as Darrin DeYoung and I have been unable to log into my old account or turn demo mode off. My Computer has worked fine for the past 2 years until now and I still have everything on my hard drive...
  5. Help! Windows 10 stuck in safe mode.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help! Windows 10 stuck in safe mode.: Help, my windows 10 labtop is stuck in safe mode. because even with safe mode with networking doesnt accept my new microsoft password because i dont have a ethernet cable....
  6. New password not working in safe mode.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New password not working in safe mode.: Hi there! my new password for my microsoft account doesnt work for safe mode in windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-password-not-working-in-safe-mode/ebd9150d-fb71-457c-acb6-0f23004487b1
  7. Dark mode works.. except in my cmd/wsl title bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark mode works.. except in my cmd/wsl title bar: Pretty much title.. I set my windows 10 to dark mode.. And everything has black/dark title bars. But my cmd and ubuntu.exe have white title bars and it's really annoying.. I can't figure out why or how to fix this.. Any ideas? Thanks! 159980
  8. Sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode problem: When I close the lid of my laptop, the computer does not go to sleep mode. please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-problem/e2662a4b-a99c-47cb-a22c-1ffaa338c158
  9. how to disable Shift key that toggles Chinese input mode and English input mode in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to disable Shift key that toggles Chinese input mode and English input mode in...: Please note: This is not about changing input methods or keyboards. This is about changing "Modes" within a keyboard. The shift key is really annoying. I'm using Microsoft Wubi input method. This input method has two modes: English mode and Chinese mode. A setting named...
  10. S mode.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    S mode.: Hi people. I'm trying to download zoom from app store. It says I have to disconnect s mode or I have to go through my P/C. Has anyone else downloaded & had success? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/s-mode/9c5b6f34-c8c7-4886-8a4b-af147071dfde