Windows 10: Windows S mode

Discus and support Windows S mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I will be getting a laptop with Windows 10s Mode, but i would like to change it to Windows 10 Home. My question is how to do it and how much will it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AllenLY, Jun 30, 2020 at 9:07 PM.

1. AllenLY Win User

Windows S mode

I will be getting a laptop with Windows 10s Mode, but i would like to change it to Windows 10 Home. My question is how to do it and how much will it cost. Thank you :

:)

2. Switching out of S Mode

I am having trouble switching my laptop out of S Mode. I went through the steps that are listed, and the Windows Store is updated and it won't let me click Get when you go to the screen to switch out of S mode.

ChelseaSmith3, Jun 30, 2020 at 9:10 PM
  3. cereberus Win User
    Enable S mode in Windows 10  

Ok - when time permits, I will have a crack but not at the moment.

As a suggestion, perhaps a guide subsection in the tutorials section mihht be useful i.e. guides like this that are easy enough to follow but assume sone experience?

I have written a couple of guides that people here have happily followed but they do not have every click e.g. I might say "use fix wondows boot problems"using Macrium Reflect, rather than showing every click, putting a reference to the MR Tutorial.

I could video every step and create a video more easily I suppose.

4. Windows S mode

S mode deactivation.

Hi jeremiascalderon,

This might be due to corrupted Windows Store cache. To resolve this issue, please reset the Store cache by following the steps below:

1. Click the Start menu button.
    2. Type wsreset.exe and press Enter.

In addition, you can refer to this article on how to switch out of S mode in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Adrianne Buc, Jun 30, 2020 at 9:10 PM
Thema:

Windows S mode

1. Windows S mode - Similar Threads - mode

2. Is there a difference between Windows 10S and Windows 10 in S mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a difference between Windows 10S and Windows 10 in S mode?: and can you change out of windows 10S if there is a difference? submitted by /u/Andruwu_01 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hjnu8m/is_there_a_difference_between_windows_10s_and/
  3. Safe mode password incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Safe mode password incorrect: I have been having the worst experience ever because of no internet connection detected in aafe mode even with internet option enabled , i can't use my pc because windows won't accept my god damn password . At this point i wanna know whats the god damn problem with providing...
  4. Can't turn off airplane mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't turn off airplane mode: Hey guys Have a magic problem with my laptop - 2 days ago it's magically turned on an airplane mode with blocking of wifi connections and can't be turned off... I've tried to turn it off using different areas but an ability to turn it off is blocked everywhere. Given a try...
  5. Rebooting into Safe Mode with Networking sees no available networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rebooting into Safe Mode with Networking sees no available networks: I'm trying to reboot the system into the Safe Mode with Networking option 5. However, while regular mode is connected to the network the Safe Mode doesn't connect and doesn't give any available network list. Any suggestions?...
  6. S mode question about antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    S mode question about antivirus: If I switch out of S mode, will I need to get additional antivirus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/s-mode-question-about-antivirus/2f8caeb9-ff96-49ef-b2c6-e0ac1387fd4c
  7. Windows Hello PIN preventing use of Hyper-VM VM in enhanced mode

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows Hello PIN preventing use of Hyper-VM VM in enhanced mode: I have come across a strange bug with Hyper-V (will report to MS). I created a Windows Pro VM set up with my MS account. I was then unable to access the VM in enhanced mode using the normal vmconnect screens in Hyper-V. I just get dumped to the lockscreen and no keys...
  8. Safe Mode with Networking not allowing me to sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safe Mode with Networking not allowing me to sign in: When I try to use Safe Mode with Networking, it does not let me sign in to my computer. I put in the correct pin that I have always used, and it tells me that it is an incorrect pin. I need to use Safe Mode to remove a virus and I'm not able to do it. Does anybody know why...
  9. changing the clock to 24 hour mode on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing the clock to 24 hour mode on desktop: I have looked in Settings and searched the Clock section and other sections too but cannot find how to change the clock on the desktop from 12 hour mode to 24 hour mode any ideas?...
  10. HOW DO YOU GET OUT OF DOS MODE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW DO YOU GET OUT OF DOS MODE: IVE BEEN TRYING TO GET OUT FOR DAYS AND IT DOSENT WORK Windows 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-get-out-of-dos-mode/a3572723-570a-4004-a7ba-2cd392a6c6e6