Windows 10: Windows safe mode not taking the correct password

Discus and support Windows safe mode not taking the correct password in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have been stuck in safe mode for a few hours now and it says my correct password, which I have changed now 3 times is incorrect and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Panik.-, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Panik.- Win User

Windows safe mode not taking the correct password

Hello everyone, I have been stuck in safe mode for a few hours now and it says my correct password, which I have changed now 3 times is incorrect and I cannot get it out of safe mode without the password, which it says no matter what is incorrect, is there anyone that knows how to fix this?

:)

Panik.-, Sep 5, 2019

2. Window 10 unable to login with normal and safe mode with correct password

Hi Team,

Today i stuck to login on windows 10 with correct password, i follow same on safe mode but it does not work.

I tried with safe mode with Network but no luck.. Below steps i followed for safe mode...

Troubleshoot> Advanced Options> Startup Settings> Restart>Safe Mode with Networking.O

Here i re-enter the password and it doesn't work.

Please suggest...

RohitPanchalPanchal, Sep 5, 2019
  3. larc919 Win User
    Safe Mode won't accept correct password

I'm trying to run a third party software (AVG Internet Security) cleanup file that recommends Safe Mode. Yet, when I get to the Safe Mode lock screen, it won't accept my password (note that I am entering the password, not the PIN - it's the same password that gets me into my Microsoft account). Any suggestions what I should try? I'm hesitant to run the cleanup file in full Windows since it's not recommended.

larc919, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Windows safe mode not taking the correct password

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows safe mode not taking the correct password

1. Windows safe mode not taking the correct password - Similar Threads - safe mode taking

2. Can’t login even with correct password or run Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t login even with correct password or run Safe Mode: Hi,My Surface Book running Windows 10 was running perfectly fine until I received a windows notification that a scan disk was required this wasn’t in response to a pop up or other malware. When I restarted my system, drive C went through a disk scan and no errors or other...
  3. Cannot access safe mode with correct password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot access safe mode with correct password: I am trying to reboot my computer Dell XPS 13 running Windows 10 in safe mode to attempt to fix a separateissue caused by a forced OS update. However, when I finally get to the safe mode login screen a pain because I have to enter my 48-digit Bitlocker recovery key to even...
  4. Windows in safe mode no password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows in safe mode no password: Hi I have been getting the following error message on windows after login 'microsoft .net framework unhandled exception has occurred'. Having had no internet until yesterday I decided to lookup the problem and the first answer was to start Windows in safe mode to see if the...
  5. safe mode password

safe mode password: hey! so when i try to login in safe mode its ask me for a password and i know its not pin password and its for my Microsoft account but when i enter the password its show me that the password is incorrect... i tried every single password i know but its still show me that's...
  6. safe mode password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    safe mode password: im unable to restart windows 10 to normal mode. im stuck on entering safe mode since its asking for password. ive used the password and pin and both come up incorrect. ive tried all options possible but each leads to the password stage and incorrect as usual. can i get help...
  7. Safe Mode won't accept correct password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Safe Mode won't accept correct password: I'm trying to run a third party software (AVG Internet Security) cleanup file that recommends Safe Mode. Yet, when I get to the Safe Mode lock screen, it won't accept my password (note that I am entering the password, not the PIN - it's the same password that gets me into my...
  8. Safe Mode won't accept correct password

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe Mode won't accept correct password: I'm trying to run a third party software (AVG Internet Security) cleanup file that recommends Safe Mode. Yet, when I get to the Safe Mode lock screen, it won't accept my password (note that I am entering the password, not the PIN - it's the same password that gets me into my...
  9. Window 10 unable to login with normal and safe mode with correct password

Window 10 unable to login with normal and safe mode with correct password: Hi Team, Today i stuck to login on windows 10 with correct password, i follow same on safe mode but it does not work. I tried with safe mode with Network but no luck.. Below steps i followed for safe mode... Troubleshoot> Advanced Options> Startup Settings> Restart>Safe...
  10. Re-starting in Safe Mode-Won't take Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Re-starting in Safe Mode-Won't take Password: Hi sorry I was out Saturday. You can't prevent safemode, it is a Windows error state. What you need is a small book to right passwords, security questions and notes in. Next please stop running cleaners. With Windows updating itself every six month almost no one needs...