Windows 10: Windows sandbox-anyone used it?

Discus and support Windows sandbox-anyone used it? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi folks, I have windows 10 pro due to having upgraded initially from windows 8 pro that was on a special offer of £14.99 from Microsoft years ago.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by donegaljoe, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Windows sandbox-anyone used it?

Hi folks,

I have windows 10 pro due to having upgraded initially from windows 8 pro that was on a special offer of £14.99 from Microsoft years ago.

Just discovered that I can turn on windows sandbox, doesn't come with Home version, and have done so, seems ok though a little slow to start up.

As I do use the sandboxie third party program as well which I really like, does anyone else here use similar and any advantages if any, of using windows sandbox?

Thanks for any info.
    Joe

:)

donegaljoe, Jun 9, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

windows sandbox Not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There is a possibility that the feature is corrupted or not set up properly. I would advise you to disable Windows Sandbox first and then enable it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Microsoft sandbox stoped working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please be informed that our developer team is aware of the issues with Sandbox and is working on resolving it. We do not have an ETA as of now, however I encourage you to send a feedback to our developer team via
    Feedback hub. As a suggestion you can try disabling and enabling
    the sandbox to check if that works. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.
    Your patience and understanding will be appreciated in this matter.

Regards

Naresh_K, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Windows sandbox-anyone used it?

Can't open Windows Sandbox Error 0x80070002

Microsoft has acknowledged this issue now:

Windows Sandbox may fail to start with error code “0x80070002”Windows Sandbox may fail to start with "ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (0x80070002)" on devices in which the operating system language is changed during the update process when installing Windows 10, version 1903.

Affected platforms:
    • Client: Windows 10, version 1903

Next steps: We are working on a resolution and estimate a solution will be available in late June.

hsehestedt, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows sandbox-anyone used it?

1. Windows sandbox-anyone used it? - Similar Threads - sandbox anyone used

2. Can WSL/WSA be used as a sandbox?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can WSL/WSA be used as a sandbox?: Is WSL Windows Subsystem for Linux or WSA Windows Subsystem for Android a good sandbox alternative to a Virtual Machine?If I, for example, install a browser, that then going to get compromised, will it be able to access my Windows “stuff”, or only Linux/Android?I’m looking...
  3. im in windows 10 and by using sandbox, can i download windows 11 on windows sandbox???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im in windows 10 and by using sandbox, can i download windows 11 on windows sandbox???: help pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-in-windows-10-and-by-using-sandbox-can-i/e5b17fcb-4d92-49d3-b7a6-8d800399b526
  4. im in windows 10 and by using sandbox, can i download windows 11 on windows sandbox???

im in windows 10 and by using sandbox, can i download windows 11 on windows sandbox???: help pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-in-windows-10-and-by-using-sandbox-can-i/e5b17fcb-4d92-49d3-b7a6-8d800399b526
  5. im in windows 10 and by using sandbox, can i download windows 11 on windows sandbox???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Sandbox practical use

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Sandbox practical use: I know developers can use it to test software and users can try out programs they are not sure about. Are there any other benefits for a regular user (not a developer or darknet user)? What do you do in the Sandbox? 162639
  7. Using camera with Windows Sandbox

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using camera with Windows Sandbox: Hi, I'm trying to use my camera with Windows Sandbox but it isn't working. How can I fix the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-camera-with-windows-sandbox/47c1765b-85ce-47fc-957c-b82d1ef5d13b
  8. Windows sandbox

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows sandbox: My computer is a 1903 system version. Why is there no windows sandbox system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-sandbox/35a43aa9-1c2a-4094-8a59-61647a80ec49
  9. Create Sandbox in Windows 10 using Sandbox Configuration Manager

in Windows 10 News
    Create Sandbox in Windows 10 using Sandbox Configuration Manager: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows Sandbox is a lightweight desktop environment which makes sure that you can run applications in isolation. The arrangement makes sure the app doesn’t get access to core Windows files and other system files. That said, it’s not straightforward to [...]...
  10. anyone heard of this sandbox shadesandbox??

anyone heard of this sandbox shadesandbox??: Hi all was searching for a simple sandbox and came across a youtube video on this one shadesandbox here's the address shadesandbox. com anyone use it from here and what do you know about it does it play nice with antiviruses and i know sandboxie does not like allot of...