Windows 10: Windows Sandbox failed to initialise.

Discus and support Windows Sandbox failed to initialise. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I recently enabled windows sandbox in the features menu and restarted multiple times. This is the error message I get when running it. I made... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PavolKindernay, May 28, 2022.

1. Windows Sandbox failed to initialise.

Hello, I recently enabled windows sandbox in the features menu and restarted multiple times. This is the error message I get when running it. I made sure that:I did enable virtualization in BIOSHyper-V is fully enabledSandbox is also enabled and installedVirtual machines run in Hyper V Provided screenshotAny help is appreciated.

:)

PavolKindernay, May 28, 2022

2. Fix for Sandbox

Microsoft has acknowledged this issue now:

Windows Sandbox may fail to start with error code “0x80070002”Windows Sandbox may fail to start with "ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (0x80070002)" on devices in which the operating system language is changed during the update process when installing Windows 10, version 1903.

Affected platforms:
    • Client: Windows 10, version 1903

Next steps: We are working on a resolution and estimate a solution will be available in late June.

hsehestedt, May 28, 2022
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    windows sandbox Not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There is a possibility that the feature is corrupted or not set up properly. I would advise you to disable Windows Sandbox first and then enable it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.

Regards,

Naresh_K, May 28, 2022
  4. Windows Sandbox failed to initialise.

Vmmem process will not be killed. Windows sandbox.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to stop the Windows Sandbox process.
    Please try disable and re-enable sandbox to check the issue.

1. Press Windows + R key, then type appwiz.cpl and click Ok.
    2. Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    3. Uncheck the box beside Windows Sandbox and click
      OK
    4. Restart the PC and check.

If the issue still persists then I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have experts and support
    professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Sandbox to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 28, 2022
Thema:

Windows Sandbox failed to initialise.

1. Windows Sandbox failed to initialise. - Similar Threads - Sandbox failed initialise

2. Windows sandbox failed to initialize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sandbox failed to initialize: Hi everyone, I am trying to run Win Sandbox on my laptop but I keep getting this errorI have looked online to find a solution but nothing seems to work, I have followed these guides and tried all the troubleshooting in them:How to Fix the “Windows Sandbox Failed to...
  3. Windows Sandbox failed to initialise.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Sandbox failed to initialise.: Hello, I recently enabled windows sandbox in the features menu and restarted multiple times. This is the error message I get when running it. I made sure that:I did enable virtualization in BIOSHyper-V is fully enabledSandbox is also enabled and installedVirtual machines run...
  4. Windows Sandbox failed to initialise.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Sandbox failed to initialise.: Hello, I recently enabled windows sandbox in the features menu and restarted multiple times. This is the error message I get when running it. I made sure that:I did enable virtualization in BIOSHyper-V is fully enabledSandbox is also enabled and installedVirtual machines run...
  5. Initialisation of TPM security hardware fails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Initialisation of TPM security hardware fails: I had to reset my Surface and am trying to set up my Bitlocker once more but I always get an error. The requested Process is not supported Der angeforderte Vorgang wird nicht unterstützt The TPM module is correctly installed according to the device manager....
  6. re windows sandbox failed

re windows sandbox failed: just installed sandbox, but fails with error removed Hyper V as was told this may clash, but still get the error, anything else i can try ? thanks [img] 164991
  7. Windows Sandbox fails to initialize

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Sandbox fails to initialize: I am trying to run Windows Sandbox on my machine but whenever I open it it just shows a popup with the message "Windows Sandbox failed to initialize". There isn't even any error code accompanying it. I did check my BIOS to see if I have virtualization enabled and yes I do....
  8. Windows Sandbox Failed To Start

Windows Sandbox Failed To Start: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Pro 1909 Build 18396.900 on an Intel Hades Canyon with 32 Gigabytes of RAM and two NvME Drives from Samsung and Crucial. Virtualization is turned on in Bios Trying to experiment with Windows Sandbox but keep getting error Windows Sandbox...
  9. Apps failing to initialise

Apps failing to initialise: I am working with Windows 10 on a desk top PC and progressively over the past year or so different apps have failed to initialise, for example Internet Explorer, Skype, one of my Outlook email accounts and an app specifically related to my work. Regarding the email account,...
  10. Windows Sandbox fails to start

Windows Sandbox fails to start: [img] This is the message I get when trying to start Windows Sandbox on WIn10/64 Home Ver. 1903 after installing the Sandbox feature. I did check that I had both the Windows Sandbox feature and Virtualization enabled. The MS messages that show when clicking the Yes box are...