Windows 10: Windows Sandbox fails to initialize

Discus and support Windows Sandbox fails to initialize in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to run Windows Sandbox on my machine but whenever I open it it just shows a popup with the message "Windows Sandbox failed to initialize".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Admin976, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Admin976 Win User

Windows Sandbox fails to initialize

I am trying to run Windows Sandbox on my machine but whenever I open it it just shows a popup with the message "Windows Sandbox failed to initialize". There isn't even any error code accompanying it. I did check my BIOS to see if I have virtualization enabled and yes I do.

Here are my PC specs:
    AMD Ryzen 3550H with AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics
    AMD Radeon RX 560X with 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
    8 GB DDR4 RAM

512 GB Micron NVMe SSD

Windows 10 Version 2004

:)

Admin976, Aug 14, 2020

2. Fix for Sandbox

Microsoft has acknowledged this issue now:

Windows Sandbox may fail to start with error code “0x80070002”Windows Sandbox may fail to start with "ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (0x80070002)" on devices in which the operating system language is changed during the update process when installing Windows 10, version 1903.

Affected platforms:
    • Client: Windows 10, version 1903

Next steps: We are working on a resolution and estimate a solution will be available in late June.

hsehestedt, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    windows sandbox Not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There is a possibility that the feature is corrupted or not set up properly. I would advise you to disable Windows Sandbox first and then enable it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Windows Sandbox fails to initialize

Vmmem process will not be killed. Windows sandbox.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to stop the Windows Sandbox process.
    Please try disable and re-enable sandbox to check the issue.

1. Press Windows + R key, then type appwiz.cpl and click Ok.
    2. Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    3. Uncheck the box beside Windows Sandbox and click
      OK
    4. Restart the PC and check.

If the issue still persists then I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have experts and support
    professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Sandbox to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows Sandbox fails to initialize

1. Windows Sandbox fails to initialize - Similar Threads - Sandbox fails initialize

2. Windows Sandbox Failed To Start

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Sandbox Failed To Start: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Pro 1909 Build 18396.900 on an Intel Hades Canyon with 32 Gigabytes of RAM and two NvME Drives from Samsung and Crucial. Virtualization is turned on in Bios Trying to experiment with Windows Sandbox but keep getting error Windows Sandbox...
  3. IO1 Initialization Failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IO1 Initialization Failed: I just built my own computer and i bought a windows key flash drive. When i boot my computer , it shows choose operating system 64 or 32 bit. I chose 64 bit and after it loads files and loads some more. It eventually pops up a BSOD saying “Stop Code IO1 Initialization...
  4. Storage initialization fail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage initialization fail: Storage initialization fail in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-initialization-fail/b4d566b6-d144-4c14-99a4-27cbaa81f261"
  5. Direct3D Initialization Failed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Direct3D Initialization Failed: Attempting to launch a game after installing from CD, I got the following error: Initialization failed. Direct3D Initialization failed. Possible causes: Old or corrupted graphics driver (this is a brand new laptop)...
  6. initialization failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    initialization failed: hello everyone so when i started my PC he showed me this screen[IMG] then restarted and did that in a loop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/initialization-failed/10e740ab-553d-4214-a0a4-4c49d49ebfac
  7. Windows Sandbox fails to start

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Sandbox fails to start: [img] This is the message I get when trying to start Windows Sandbox on WIn10/64 Home Ver. 1903 after installing the Sandbox feature. I did check that I had both the Windows Sandbox feature and Virtualization enabled. The MS messages that show when clicking the Yes box are...
  8. Sign-in initialization fail

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign-in initialization fail: Hey When i try to log in i get error: Sign-in process initialization failure Interactive sign-in process initialization has failed. Please check the event log for details. Have already tried startup repair and almost everything i found on internet including...
  9. Failed to Initialize OpenCL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to Initialize OpenCL: First error in a program after the Windows 10 Fall Upgrade... I'm using Adobe After Effects CC 2015. [img] Any ideas? 29754
  10. Failed to initialize SdAppServices

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed to initialize SdAppServices: I've begun to get this pop up, about once a day, saying "Failed it initialize SdAppServices." No other information is available in the box. It happens at random times; has nothing to do with anything that I am doing at the time. Recently, it popped up when I was browsing...