Windows 10: Windows Sandbox fails to start

Discus and support Windows Sandbox fails to start in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [img] This is the message I get when trying to start Windows Sandbox on WIn10/64 Home Ver. 1903 after installing the Sandbox feature. I did check that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bbinnard, May 18, 2019.

1. bbinnard Win User

Windows Sandbox fails to start

Windows Sandbox fails to start [​IMG]

This is the message I get when trying to start Windows Sandbox on WIn10/64 Home Ver. 1903 after installing the Sandbox feature. I did check that I had both the Windows Sandbox feature and Virtualization enabled.

The MS messages that show when clicking the Yes box are no help at all. Google provides no applicable info when searching for the error message number.

:)

bbinnard, May 18, 2019
  2. Tan-aka Win User

Windows Sandbox failed to start. Error 0х80070426 - Windows 10 Ent 1903_x64 (dvd_37200948)

After installing the Sandbox add-on in Windows, the Windows Sandbox option damaged many Windows programs, I decided to turn on this option separately after installation. The update was installed successfully. Then I restarted the computer, the Internet
    explorer stopped running, the net framework is not detected by the system, all windows in the explorer hang, I decided to disable this option, after uninstalling this option, the menu with the choice of additional components no longer showed the list, the
    Internet Explorer was completely removed, any launch of the software leads to errors, failed to start the program.

I had restore points, but they also could not return the system to a good condition. My question is why does Windows Sandbox tightly kill the system ?! I had to reinstall everything! And I will never turn on this option again!

Tan-aka, May 18, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, May 18, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Sandbox fails to start - Similar Threads - Sandbox fails start

2. windows sandbox failed to start 0x80370106 error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows sandbox failed to start 0x80370106 error: windows 10 enterprise 21h2 19044 2006 windows 10 enterprise So far i've disabled and re enabled the sandbox, run the windows SFC, checked for windows updates the systems up to date run the required services, ive also run the troubleshooter.This is a fresh install of windows...
  3. Windows Sandbox failed to start. Error 0x800706ef

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Sandbox failed to start. Error 0x800706ef: Hi, when I start up Windows Sandbox, I get this error code "0x80070ef. A null context handle was passed from the client to the host during a remote procedure call. Would you like to submit feedback about this issue?" How do I fix this error?...
  4. error: failed Sandbox failed to start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    error: failed Sandbox failed to start: I am trying windows sandbox for the first time and keep getting this error message "Windows sandbox failed to start Error 0x80041002" I tried googling it but nothing helpful came up Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated submitted by /u/lolster123456 [link]...
  5. Windows Sandbox error 0x80041002 - failed to start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Sandbox error 0x80041002 - failed to start: Hi, Out of the blue, my the Windows Sandbox feature stopped to work. Every time I try to start, I get the error 0x80041002 and the message: Windows Sandbox failed to start. Tried a lot of things to solve the issue as: Googling, restarting windows, removing and adding...
  6. Windows Sandbox failed to start, Error 0x80070569

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Sandbox failed to start, Error 0x80070569: [ATTACH]Windows 10offers a Sandbox feature that offers a disposable virtualized desktop environment where a user can run temporary commands and actions. It is powered by […] This article Windows Sandbox failed to start, Error 0x80070569 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  7. Windows Sandbox Failed To Start

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Sandbox Failed To Start: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Pro 1909 Build 18396.900 on an Intel Hades Canyon with 32 Gigabytes of RAM and two NvME Drives from Samsung and Crucial. Virtualization is turned on in Bios Trying to experiment with Windows Sandbox but keep getting error Windows Sandbox...
  8. Windows Sandbox failed to start. 0xffffffff

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Sandbox failed to start. 0xffffffff: This is related to this April 2020 thread which was was locked without any responses to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-sandbox-failed-to-start-0xffffffff/b74a8cf9-f55d-4f66-bfd8-575b4604b738 Happening on Windows 10 2004 10.0.19041 Any...
  9. Windows Sandbox failed to start. 0xffffffff

Windows Sandbox failed to start. 0xffffffff: Win 10 version 1909 OS Build: 18363.752 Antivirus: McAfee Total Protection v16.0 16.0.R24 WSL Enabled As the subject stated, I am unable to start sandbox with given error. Windows Sandbox failed to start. 0xffffffff Error: [ATTACH] List of Updates as follow:...
  10. Windows Sandbox failed to start 0xc0370106

Windows Sandbox failed to start 0xc0370106: Please Help [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-sandbox-failed-to-start-0xc0370106/e3fd5d06-0fba-4a66-9715-2b8f88589606

Users found this page by searching for:

1. -------------------------- Initiator CHAP secret -------------------------- The parameter is incorrect. -------------------------- OK --------------------------

2. windows sandbox failed to start. (0x80070015)

3. windows sandbox failed to start

4. windows sandbox doesnto start,
  5. windows sandbox does not start,
  6. windows sandbox cannot start,
  7. why would i have sandbox prosser 3 running on my phone,
  8. -------------------------- Initiator CHAP secret -------------------------- The parameter is incorrect. -------------------------- OK -------------------------- microsoft.com