Windows 10: Windows Sandbox - set/query assigned IP address?

Discus and support Windows Sandbox - set/query assigned IP address? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When spinning up Windows Sandbox, it seems to generate a random IP address. Is there a way to configure sandbox to use a specific IP?<Configuration>... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Darian Miller, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Windows Sandbox - set/query assigned IP address?

When spinning up Windows Sandbox, it seems to generate a random IP address. Is there a way to configure sandbox to use a specific IP?<Configuration> <Networking>Enable</Networking>

:)

Darian Miller, Feb 28, 2022
  2. bencrutz Win User

Assigning Static IP Address Range in a Router

yep, pretty much all.

for point #2 if you are having difficulty binding static IP in the router, it is ok to set static IP in the camera instead - just make sure you take a note on which IP is which camera so that you wouldnt put the wrong IP in the port forwarding.

am not sure what you meant. you don't need ddns to access the camera locally (from inside your LAN) *Confused Windows Sandbox - set/query assigned IP address? :confused:

bencrutz, Feb 28, 2022
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Assigning Static IP Address Range in a Router

Hootoo HT-IP210F HooToo HT-IP210F Indoor 640 x 480 MAX Resolution R... So far, it's awesome. I haven't been able to get audio, not sure why. The web interface is flaky on my Droid, but works and there is a 3rd party Android APP that supports the camera.

So at this point, I need to:

• Set aside a range of static IP addresses (by default in the ASUS, ALL of the IP addresses .2 through .254 are DHCP).
    • Assign one of the static IP addresses to the camera (in the router)
    • Assign a port to that IP address
    Side note: LAN addresses 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.255 are reserved in just about every router (from what I've been told)

I just wish I could understand how DDNS works locally. *Confused Windows Sandbox - set/query assigned IP address? :confused:

Sasqui, Feb 28, 2022
  4. spapakons Win User

Windows Sandbox - set/query assigned IP address?

Windows 10 as WiFi Hotspot not assigning IP addresses

I haven't tried, but you could connect your PC to the internet by cable and create an ad hoc wireless connection between the PC and the other device to get internet. Right-click on the network icon and select Network and Sharing Center. Then click on Change adapter settings. This shows all your adapters and connections. Right-click on the Ethernet connection and select Properties, then click the Sharing tab. Check the box to Allow sharing the connection and select your wireless connection from the list. I am not sure if it will work with automatic settings though, you may have to manually assign an IP address to the wireless connection. Then manually assign an IP address at the other device and set the Default gateway to the IP address of the PC's wireless connection. Also you have to create a new ad hoc connection and connect to that from the other device. I don't currently have a Wi-Fi card, so I cannot see the steps to guide you.

spapakons, Feb 28, 2022
Thema:

Windows Sandbox - set/query assigned IP address?

1. Windows Sandbox - set/query assigned IP address? - Similar Threads - Sandbox set query

2. How to add a LAN and assign an IP address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add a LAN and assign an IP address: We have been using Windows 7 on an old Dell Latitude D820 laptop for remote monitoring of an inverter. Have recently purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad which is running Windows 10 Pro. Need to set it all up on the Lenovo with Win10. The software is all setup, however it needs a...
  3. How to add a LAN and assign an IP address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add a LAN and assign an IP address: We have been using Windows 7 on an old Dell Latitude D820 laptop for remote monitoring of an inverter. Have recently purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad which is running Windows 10 Pro. Need to set it all up on the Lenovo with Win10. The software is all setup, however it needs a...
  4. How to add a LAN and assign an IP address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows Sandbox - set/query assigned IP address?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Sandbox - set/query assigned IP address?: When spinning up Windows Sandbox, it seems to generate a random IP address. Is there a way to configure sandbox to use a specific IP?<Configuration> <Networking>Enable</Networking>...
  6. Windows Sandbox - set/query assigned IP address?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Sandbox - set/query assigned IP address?: When spinning up Windows Sandbox, it seems to generate a random IP address. Is there a way to configure sandbox to use a specific IP?<Configuration> <Networking>Enable</Networking>...
  7. Windows 10 cannot assign IP address automatically

Windows 10 cannot assign IP address automatically: I am on Windows 10 Pro 1903 if that matters. Almost a month ago ~ Sept 5, 2020, I started to have this error. After a few days trying to search for a solution, using ipconfig/release and /renew, then make the new assigned ID a static ID is the solution for me. However, the...
  8. Static IP Address Assignment - Does Not Work

Static IP Address Assignment - Does Not Work: Hi. Two of my PC's are identical PC Sticks to which I need to sometimes remote in using their names and sometimes I need to remote into them using their IP addresses. They both run Win10 Pro, remote desktop is enabled and I am easily able to remote into both of them and...
  9. How to assign Multiple IP Addresses to a Network Adapter

in Windows 10 News
    How to assign Multiple IP Addresses to a Network Adapter: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many a time IT admin needs to set up multiple IP addresses to the same network adapter. Situations like hosting various SSL sites, speed up traffic exchanges which can skip the gateway in case of multiple IP addresses, different public [...] This post How to...
  10. Windows 10 as WiFi Hotspot not assigning IP addresses

Windows 10 as WiFi Hotspot not assigning IP addresses: Is anyone using Windows 10 to provide as a WiFi Hotspot as what seems to happen when clients connect is it is not successful after trying the Obtaining IP Address, clients include Android mobile devices and set top boxes. 29149