Windows 10: Windows sandbox USB passthrough (MIDI, printers, etc.)

Discus and support Windows sandbox USB passthrough (MIDI, printers, etc.) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Would it be possible to pass USB devices to a Sandbox instance? I don't mean just USB thumbdrives, I mean things like printers and MIDI devices. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fakuivan, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Windows sandbox USB passthrough (MIDI, printers, etc.)

Would it be possible to pass USB devices to a Sandbox instance? I don't mean just USB thumbdrives, I mean things like printers and MIDI devices. I've been reading the docs on config files but there's no mention of USB passthrough. Is such a feature even possible with the current Sandbox architecture?

submitted by /u/fakuivan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fakuivan, Dec 19, 2019
  2. Firebeast Win User

Mac OSX USB printer problem

OK i just bought the Canon IP4500 usb printer and installed it on the mac following hte instructions to the letter.

No printer is found and i cannot add it in the Printer list, cause theres no option for USB printer installation, only Appletalk, Bluetooth, and Windows Printing.

I have downloaded the latest drivers etc... but no luck *Bang Head :banghead:

As it is i dont like macs but now with a simple thing as this i dislike them even more.

Last resort is trying installing the printer on a Vista pc and see if it works, if it does then the mac is up to shit, if it does not install then the printer is up to shit.

Anyone had a similar problem maybe and how did you overcome it?

Firebeast, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    windows sandbox Not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There is a possibility that the feature is corrupted or not set up properly. I would advise you to disable Windows Sandbox first and then enable it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Windows sandbox USB passthrough (MIDI, printers, etc.)

printer usb is an older version

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of the printer and computer?

• What is the exact error message?

I suggest you to disable and re-enable the USB controllers. The following steps will uninstall all the USB controllers and then re-install them:

a. Right click on Start, and then click
    Run.

b. Type devmgmt.msc and then click
    OK. Device Manager opens.

c. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note: You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.

d. Right click the first USB controller under
    Universal Serial Bus controllers
    , and then click Uninstall to remove it.

e. Repeat step 4 for each USB controller that is listed under
    Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note: Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

If the issue persists then I suggest you to refer to the following article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows sandbox USB passthrough (MIDI, printers, etc.)

1. Windows sandbox USB passthrough (MIDI, printers, etc.) - Similar Threads - sandbox USB passthrough

2. USB problems with MIDI keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB problems with MIDI keyboard: [ATTACH] Hi, first sorry for my english but it's not my first language, I tried everything you all are my only hope. I built a pc in January. These are the specs: MB: Asus Prime B550M-A (Wi-Fi) CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x GPU: Nvidia Geforce 1030 RAM: 2x16GB ddr4 3600Mhz...
  3. Passthrough issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Passthrough issue: So I have a 4k Monitor but only way I can get audio is through hdmi, so I have my old(1080p) soundbar(arc) connected to the monitor and hdmi in to my pc. If Windows 10 resolution is 4k but soundbar is 1080p could that be the reason, I'm not able to get picture output. I will...
  4. No MIDI signals being received over USB-MIDI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No MIDI signals being received over USB-MIDI: Hi there, I'm having issues with USB-MIDI connectivity. I have connected 2 USB-MIDI devices a Casio CDP-120 and an Arturia Minilab to my laptop, and no MIDI signals are being received. Both devices show up in Device Manager, but neither are recognised by Ableton Live nor a...
  5. USB midi device issue

USB midi device issue: I am having big issues with my new Asus M409DA running W10. I bought an MAudio Midisport Uno to connect and edit an amp that has midi but i keep getting the dreaded yellow triangle with an exclamation. It connects fine to my daughters Zenbook and installs into sound, video...
  6. usb midi recognition by windows 10 home

usb midi recognition by windows 10 home: bought latest windows 10 laptop for music production. can not connect the usb midi keyboard, found similar trouble with my friends. the keyboard company has given us with updates, still not working. kindly help. need reply from microsoft directly to understand the issue....
  7. midi USB cable

midi USB cable: I've a new cable but it did not function correctly 2 M Keyboard naar PC USB MIDI Cable Converter PC Muziek toetsenbord Cord USB IN-OUT MIDI Interface can you please help me out it did not work with windows 10 it show Device USB\VID_15CA&PID_0101\5&aea7634&0&2 was not...
  8. usb midi help

in Windows 10 Customization
    usb midi help: hi I need help with my midi cord from amazon, my laptop is not understanding it right. so plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-midi-help/91309b2c-3ceb-4804-8bbb-b4466716c9a0
  9. USB midi controller and Windows 10 update

USB midi controller and Windows 10 update: Hi, I have an M-Audio Oxygen 8 midi controller keyboard that I was using through usb into a DAW (Reaper) for producing music. It was working until the last Windows 10 update, but now Reaper doesn't recognise that I've got the device connected...nothing shows up as a midi...
  10. USB Passthrough - RDP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Passthrough - RDP: I am trying to think of a way to have an iPhone hooked up to a remote computer with USB and have it show on my computer in file explorer. Is there a script I can write to have this done? I am able to do RDP, Teamviewer or even Windows Remote Assistance to connect to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows sandbox usb passthrough

2. windows sandbox usb

3. windows sandbox device passthrough

4. windows sandbox access to peripherals,
  5. can windows sandbox access usb,
  6. windows 10 sandbox usb passthrough,
  7. usb pass windows sandbox,
  8. windows usb passthrough sandbox,
  9. sandbox usb aktivieren,
  10. usb passthrough teamviewer,
  11. windows sandbox access usb drive,