Windows 10: Windows Sandbox "Virus & threat protection settings" all off & disable

Discus and support Windows Sandbox "Virus & threat protection settings" all off & disable in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Got the 1903 update a couple days ago and fooling around with Windows Sandbox. A few minutes after powering it on, I got the notification, "Turn on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by crawfish, Jun 24, 2019.

1. crawfish Win User

Windows Sandbox "Virus & threat protection settings" all off & disable

Got the 1903 update a couple days ago and fooling around with Windows Sandbox. A few minutes after powering it on, I got the notification, "Turn on virus protection." I click on it, and I get:

"Page not available

Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information."

So I contacted myself (this is an ongoing, multi-decade inside joke at Microsoft), and I told myself to open up Settings and see what's going on. I found that everything looks normal under "Windows Security -> Virus & thread protection" with everything at "No action needed," but when I click on "Virus & threat protection settings -> Manage settings," everything is switched off and disabled from being switched on, explained by the red text, "This setting is managed by your administrator." These things include "Real-time protection," "Cloud-delivered protection," etc. Moreover, there is no "Scan with Windows Defender" in context menus.

Am I missing something here? The main thing besides isolation I want in Windows Sandbox is real-time protection! In addition, I've spent half a frustrating day trying to learn all about Hyper-V because enabling Sandbox killed VMWare Player, which Microsoft failed to warn me about when I enabled Sandbox. And the end result appears to be completely worthless. What the heck. Seriously.

:)

crawfish, Jun 24, 2019

2. Disable Virus & threat protection

Hi , How to disable Virus & threat protection? I have problems to install several applications

RahpouyanMohajer, Jun 24, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Disable Virus & threat protection

Hi Rahpouyan

Most likely this is the setting blocking you . . .

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

Temporarily turn off Controlled Folder Access and check to see if you can install those apps

Please do not leave Controlled Folder Access turned off permanently

DaveM121, Jun 24, 2019
  4. Windows Sandbox "Virus & threat protection settings" all off & disable

Virus & Threat Protection

There are some applications that are not yet compatible Control Folder Access. It is intended to block Ransomware. Until third party apps catch up, the best you can do is to disable it.

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Click Virus & threat protection

Click Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

Toggle it off

Andre Da Costa, Jun 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows Sandbox "Virus & threat protection settings" all off & disable

1. Windows Sandbox "Virus & threat protection settings" all off & disable - Similar Threads - Sandbox Virus threat

2. Virus and Threat Protection Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus and Threat Protection Settings: I accidentally executed a malware file after which multiple cmd windows were opened and closed and after that when I opened virus and threat protection I was not able to turn on real time protection and other features in virus and threat section. There was a statement written...
  3. Virus and Threat Protection Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus and Threat Protection Settings: I accidentally executed a malware file after which multiple cmd windows were opened and closed and after that when I opened virus and threat protection I was not able to turn on real time protection and other features in virus and threat section. There was a statement written...
  4. Virus and Threat Protection Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My Virus & threat protection settings are all unavailable to turn off/on and some are...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Virus & threat protection settings are all unavailable to turn off/on and some are...: Hello, my name is Isaak and I am currently having a problem turning any of the Virus & threat protection settings either on or off i have given it a lot of tries with other Microsoft threads like:...
  6. Virus And Threat Protection is Off

Virus And Threat Protection is Off: [ATTACH]Hello, I am here on behalf of my Virus and threat protection being offline I think I uninstalled Windows Defender and I cannot install it back since my microsoft store will not download anything either. It will be helpful if anyone knows why I dont know what cause it...
  7. Disable Virus & Threat Protection Notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Virus & Threat Protection Notification: Hello! I've just re-installed Windows to 1909 been stuck on 1809 for the past year and I have disabled Windows Defender from starting. I simply do not need it, and I personally prefer using Malwarebytes for any virus/malware that gets into my system. However, I don't want...
  8. Virus and threat protection settings

Virus and threat protection settings: I need to make an exclusion for the antivirus but the settings are managed by my orginization, since i have windows 10 education. The computer however is personal and is not connected to my orginization in any way. I have tried all the solutions, editing the group policy...
  9. Virus and threat protection is off, HELP !

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virus and threat protection is off, HELP !: [ATTACH] Hello, I am the IT administrator for a network of about 60 Windows 10 Pro (1903 with latest updates) machines. I just discovered that more then half of the machines has virus protection OFF :...
  10. Virus threat and Protection settings.

Virus threat and Protection settings.: i get the message "This setting is managed by your administrator" under the Virus and Protection "manage settings" menu, and real time protection is turned off. It is a personal laptop and I am the only user....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows sandbox this setting is managed by administrator

2. windows sanbox virus and treath protection