Windows 10: Windows Sandbox

Discus and support Windows Sandbox in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We're looking into hardening Windows Sandbox on the network point of view so that the sandbox can't communicate with our LAN. This involves adding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kaleb Crawford, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Windows Sandbox

We're looking into hardening Windows Sandbox on the network point of view so that the sandbox can't communicate with our LAN. This involves adding firewall rules to block this traffic. However blocking the IP address of the default gateway may end up blocking internet connection entirely to the sandbox. With some testing it appears that the sandbox may always be assigned an IP in the 172.17.x.x range. If this is the case we can block all in the 192.168.x.x and 10.x.x.x range quite easily without worrying about cutting of all internet or other unwanted behavior. Does anyone know of this is the case or if I got extremely lucky with the few tests I performed?

:)

Kaleb Crawford, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Naresh_K Win User

windows sandbox Not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There is a possibility that the feature is corrupted or not set up properly. I would advise you to disable Windows Sandbox first and then enable it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Vmmem process will not be killed. Windows sandbox.

Hi,

We understand your concern as you are unable to stop the Windows Sandbox process.
    Please try disable and re-enable sandbox to check the issue.

1. Press Windows + R key, then type appwiz.cpl and click Ok.
    2. Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    3. Uncheck the box beside Windows Sandbox and click
      OK
    4. Restart the PC and check.

If the issue still persists then I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have experts and support
    professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Sandbox to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Windows Sandbox

Microsoft sandbox stoped working

Hi,

Please be informed that our developer team is aware of the issues with Sandbox and is working on resolving it. We do not have an ETA as of now, however I encourage you to send a feedback to our developer team via
    Feedback hub. As a suggestion you can try disabling and enabling
    the sandbox to check if that works. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.
    Your patience and understanding will be appreciated in this matter.

Regards

Naresh_K, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows Sandbox

1. Windows Sandbox - Similar Threads - Sandbox

2. Windows sandbox failed to initialize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sandbox failed to initialize: Hi everyone, I am trying to run Win Sandbox on my laptop but I keep getting this errorI have looked online to find a solution but nothing seems to work, I have followed these guides and tried all the troubleshooting in them:How to Fix the “Windows Sandbox Failed to...
  3. Windows sandbox failed to initialize

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows sandbox failed to initialize: Hi everyone, I am trying to run Win Sandbox on my laptop but I keep getting this errorI have looked online to find a solution but nothing seems to work, I have followed these guides and tried all the troubleshooting in them:How to Fix the “Windows Sandbox Failed to...
  4. Need Help Removing Windows Sandbox from Win11 Home.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Removing Windows Sandbox from Win11 Home.: As the title suggests, I attempted to install Windows Sandbox on my Win11 Home laptop via CMD. Although I managed to install it, it does not seem to run, and I have yet to been able to get it to run. I've just decided to give up and delete Sandbox but disabling it via the...
  5. Need Help Removing Windows Sandbox from Win11 Home.

Need Help Removing Windows Sandbox from Win11 Home.: As the title suggests, I attempted to install Windows Sandbox on my Win11 Home laptop via CMD. Although I managed to install it, it does not seem to run, and I have yet to been able to get it to run. I've just decided to give up and delete Sandbox but disabling it via the...
  6. when i try to turn on windows sandbox it says it cant find file and WSL doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i try to turn on windows sandbox it says it cant find file and WSL doesnt work: Dear Microsoft Support Team, I trust this email finds you well. My name is Cayman, and I am reaching out to seek assistance regarding a specific issue I am encountering with Windows Sandbox on my Windows 10 system. Describe the Issue:I am consistently facing an issue where...
  7. when i try to turn on windows sandbox it says it cant find file and WSL doesnt work

when i try to turn on windows sandbox it says it cant find file and WSL doesnt work: Dear Microsoft Support Team, I trust this email finds you well. My name is Cayman, and I am reaching out to seek assistance regarding a specific issue I am encountering with Windows Sandbox on my Windows 10 system. Describe the Issue:I am consistently facing an issue where...
  8. when i try to turn on windows sandbox it says it cant find file and WSL doesnt work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Can't finish the update for sandbox feature and getting: Something didn't go as planned etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't finish the update for sandbox feature and getting: Something didn't go as planned etc.: Hi! I can't finish the update for sandbox on my Windows 11 Pro.Whenever I try to install sandbox from the features list, when I press restart, it restarts and it's the same as it updates, but it goes to 97% and it says: "Something didn't go as planned. Undoing changes." etc....
  10. Can't finish the update for sandbox feature and getting: Something didn't go as planned etc.

Can't finish the update for sandbox feature and getting: Something didn't go as planned etc.: Hi! I can't finish the update for sandbox on my Windows 11 Pro.Whenever I try to install sandbox from the features list, when I press restart, it restarts and it's the same as it updates, but it goes to 97% and it says: "Something didn't go as planned. Undoing changes." etc....