Windows 10: Windows saved Credentials not working after the latest update!

Discus and support Windows saved Credentials not working after the latest update! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, After latest updates, my Windows 10 is asking for password for every site in Edge browser (even though it has saved passwords - worked fine prior... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nir2014, Nov 12, 2020.

1. nir2014 Win User

Windows saved Credentials not working after the latest update!

Hi,

After latest updates, my Windows 10 is asking for password for every site in Edge browser (even though it has saved passwords - worked fine prior to the update) and also for every Remote desktop connection even though I saved the credentials.

Occasionally, keep getting a pop-up saying You need to fix your Microsoft account which I fixed by entering correct Microsoft account password and then it says "All your accounts are working correctly". Even then again I keep getting the pop-up fix my account. Also, I use offline account to login into my Laptop.

Please advise, thanks!

:)

nir2014, Nov 12, 2020

2. network after latest insider update

Hi,

The error message you received has something to do with the credentials for your network storage. We suggest that you check the Windows Credential Manager on your computer and see if the credentials are saved. If it is, remove it, and try adding it again
    using its IP address.

To check your Windows Credential Manager, follow this steps:

• Right-click the Windows icon and click Control Panel.
    • Click User Accounts.
    • Under Credential Manager, click Manage Windows Credentials.
    • Verify if your network storage is saved under Windows Credentials.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Rey Bel1 Win User

update credentials to receive mail from Microsoft Outlook

Hi,

Changes in the Outlook configuration settings may cause this issue. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Outlook version are you using? Click this link for the steps to find out.
    • When did the issue begin?

Since you're unable to install the latest update, you can work around this issue by removing all previously saved credentials. To remove stored credentials and force Outlook to use your Windows desktop credentials, follow these steps.

• Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click
      Credential Manager. (Note: If
      View
      by is set to Category, click
      User
      Accounts first, and then click Credential
      Manager.)
    • Locate the set of credentials that has Outlook in the name.
    • Click the name to expand the set of credentials, and then click Remove
      from Vault.
    • Repeat step 3 for any additional sets of credentials that have the word
      Outlook
      in the name.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows saved Credentials not working after the latest update! - Similar Threads - saved Credentials working

2. Program not working after latest windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program not working after latest windows update.: Hello support. After last windows update my label creating program is not working. When I click on the icon this Labelview program starts for a moment that means a small window appears for 2 seconds and then disappears. Program does not start. Program name is: Labelview....
  3. windows credentials not updated after clicking save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows credentials not updated after clicking save: When I try to update my password for MicrosoftAccount:user=<username> in windows credentials, it does not seem to be saved. Does anyone know why this is and how to fix it?...
  4. windows credentials not updated after clicking save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows credentials not updated after clicking save: When I try to update my password for MicrosoftAccount:user=<username> in windows credentials, it does not seem to be saved. Does anyone know why this is and how to fix it?...
  5. windows credentials not updated after clicking save

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Speakers not working after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Speakers not working after latest Windows update: Lost all audio from speakers after the update, tried every method to gain audio back but im unable to. It works fine with bluetooth speakers.It has caused weird bugs, if I play the overwatch 2 beta with the no audio speakers the game hangs and freezes every second but works...
  7. Speakers not working after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers not working after latest Windows update: Lost all audio from speakers after the update, tried every method to gain audio back but im unable to. It works fine with bluetooth speakers.It has caused weird bugs, if I play the overwatch 2 beta with the no audio speakers the game hangs and freezes every second but works...
  8. Windows 10 Compatibility Settings will not save after latest updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Compatibility Settings will not save after latest updates: I have tried to set compatibility settings for the .exe itself.. it works but than when I close app the settings are gone again. I than tried to create a shortcut and again once I close the app the settings are gone again. I even tried setting it as admin and again gone.. the...
  9. Save and Save As not working after recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Save and Save As not working after recent update: I logged in to Windows this morning, and everything seems to have changed overnight. That's not a problem, except that now Save and Save As are not working properly for all of my apps. I've tried several times to save files, and I get a couple of different errors: - Check...
  10. Windows not saving program preference anymore after latest update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not saving program preference anymore after latest update.: After the latest update (KB3172985) of july 12 my windows 10 pro x64 is not saving the default browser anymore for instance. When I try setting the default browser the field just remains blank. Also every time a link is opened a menu asks me to select a browser, when I tick...