Windows 10: Windows saves .jpg files as black. have uninstalled default picture manager and set...

Discus and support Windows saves .jpg files as black. have uninstalled default picture manager and set... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows saves jpeg pictures as just black. Right click a picture select save and its just black. Have uninstalled windows default picture manager and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MickMaidens, Jun 11, 2024.

1. Windows saves .jpg files as black. have uninstalled default picture manager and set...

Windows saves jpeg pictures as just black. Right click a picture select save and its just black. Have uninstalled windows default picture manager and set Paint.net as the default. It still does it. Although now Paint.net does save correctly. Before I uninstalled the picture manager it was all applications even if I created the jpeg in the application. Now it just seems to be Windows. I suspect some DLL corruption. Any help appreciated.Windows 10 Pro ver 22H2 up to date.

:)

MickMaidens, Jun 11, 2024

2. How to set Microsoft Office Picture Manager as default program in Windows 10

Hello Richard,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your requirement in this regard.

Are you to referring to the Default Program to open an image file?

If so, then you can set them as per your requirement. Go to
    Start > Settings > System > Default apps, there on the right side you can set the Default program for
    Photo viewer as Microsoft Office Picture Manager. Click on it to select the item from the list.

You can also set the Default programs through
    Control Panel
    . Follow the below mentioned steps and check if it helps:

* Click Start,

* Type Default Programs and select the Default Programs
    that lists to Control Panel.

* Click Set Default Programs and select the
    Microsoft Office Picture Manager
    from the program list

* Click on Set this program as default
    or you can also use the option Choose default for this program to select the files manually which should use this app.

Another way is Right-click on the image file,
    select Properties from context Menu. Under
    General tab, click Change then select the
    Microsoft Office Picture Manager from the list that should open this file.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jun 11, 2024
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jun 11, 2024
  4. Windows saves .jpg files as black. have uninstalled default picture manager and set...

my screenshots are not saved to pictures folder where screenshots are saved by default on windows 10

Hi Wasim,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What happens when you try making changes in the registry?

2. Where exactly does the picture get saved?

I suggest you to try the DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) tool and check for system health
    and then try saving the pictures to picture folder.

Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM)is the tool which fixes the Windows corruption error if there are any. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit
      Enter.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jun 11, 2024
Thema:

Windows saves .jpg files as black. have uninstalled default picture manager and set...

1. Windows saves .jpg files as black. have uninstalled default picture manager and set... - Similar Threads - saves jpg files

2. Windows saves .jpg files as black. have uninstalled default picture manager and set...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows saves .jpg files as black. have uninstalled default picture manager and set...: Windows saves jpeg pictures as just black. Right click a picture select save and its just black. Have uninstalled windows default picture manager and set Paint.net as the default. It still does it. Although now Paint.net does save correctly. Before I uninstalled the picture...
  3. Windows saves .jpg files as black. have uninstalled default picture manager and set...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows saves .jpg files as black. have uninstalled default picture manager and set...: Windows saves jpeg pictures as just black. Right click a picture select save and its just black. Have uninstalled windows default picture manager and set Paint.net as the default. It still does it. Although now Paint.net does save correctly. Before I uninstalled the picture...
  4. MS Paint default file save type to JPG?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint default file save type to JPG?: On Vista it's not an issue since it is set to JPG as a default. What about Windows 10?Otherwise, I need help to know if following intended for XP applies to Windows 10?1. Open a blank screen in Paint and save it as a .jpg in the location you want as your default with the name...
  5. MS Paint default file save type to JPG?

MS Paint default file save type to JPG?: On Vista it's not an issue since it is set to JPG as a default. What about Windows 10?Otherwise, I need help to know if following intended for XP applies to Windows 10?1. Open a blank screen in Paint and save it as a .jpg in the location you want as your default with the name...
  6. Can't save picture as JPG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't save picture as JPG: So when I try to save a picture from the internet it should normally say save as JPG but it just tells me to save as the file type All Files. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-save-picture-as-jpg/97ea19b8-2351-4f4f-bedf-675f277aebcc
  7. Can't save picture as JPG

Can't save picture as JPG: So when I try to save a picture from the internet it should normally say save as JPG but it just tells me to save as the file type All Files. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-save-picture-as-jpg/97ea19b8-2351-4f4f-bedf-675f277aebcc
  8. How to set default app for file type jpg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set default app for file type jpg: I would like to change the default app for the file type jpg. I've gone through all the steps for setting a default app but the jpg file extension does not appear in the list and therefore I cannot choose a default. When I Open a jpg file it opens in the Photo app. If I look...
  9. How to set default app for file type jpg

How to set default app for file type jpg: I would like to change the default app for the file type jpg. I've gone through all the steps for setting a default app but the jpg file extension does not appear in the list and therefore I cannot choose a default. When I Open a jpg file it opens in the Photo app. If I look...
  10. .jpg file pictures corrupt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .jpg file pictures corrupt: Some of my pictures are corrupt. I can't see the pictures. The error message tells me that the .jpg is not supported. This is only happening with one file folder. Anyway to fix it?...