Windows 10: Windows saving all files to One Drive

Discus and support Windows saving all files to One Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I change the location where my files are saved? Somehow windows is saving ALL my files to One Drive and not my hard drive. I've tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MariaMNJ, Nov 2, 2019.

1. MariaMNJ Win User

Windows saving all files to One Drive

How can I change the location where my files are saved? Somehow windows is saving ALL my files to One Drive and not my hard drive. I've tried to change the location in my apps (Word, Excel, etc) but the files are still going to One Drive. BTW, I uninstalled One Drive, but it's still showing and saving files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

MariaMNJ, Nov 2, 2019
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Nov 2, 2019
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Cannot save files to network drives anymore

Hi Brendo,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• Which account was used to sign in to Office, when the user attempted to save files to the mapped drive?

This could be due to the incorrect user information used. You may want to try the steps listed below and check if it works for you:

• Open Word 2016, and navigate to
      File > Account
    • Sign out of all the accounts under User Information.
    • Restart Office, navigate to
      File > Account
    • Sign In to use the work email for user information.
    • Now, try saving the Office documents to the mapped drive.

If the issue persists, as the issue is related to Server, I suggest you to post your query in the
    TechNet
    forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Servers to assist you with this.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows saving all files to One Drive - Similar Threads - saving files Drive

2. I have deinstalled One Drive and saved all my files, however, One Drive continues to create...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have deinstalled One Drive and saved all my files, however, One Drive continues to create...: I have deinstalled One Drive and saved all my files, however, One Drive continues to create a new folder on my pc. How to stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-deinstalled-one-drive-and-saved-all-my/a4225f1a-06b6-43cf-9d9e-add400ae1efc
  3. I have deinstalled One Drive and saved all my files, however, One Drive continues to create...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have deinstalled One Drive and saved all my files, however, One Drive continues to create...: I have deinstalled One Drive and saved all my files, however, One Drive continues to create a new folder on my pc. How to stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-deinstalled-one-drive-and-saved-all-my/a4225f1a-06b6-43cf-9d9e-add400ae1efc
  4. I have deinstalled One Drive and saved all my files, however, One Drive continues to create...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to access files saved on one drive

Unable to access files saved on one drive: I have saved my files on one drive. Next day when I try to access the file using the file explorer where the status is a green tick, the file does not open...
  6. Unable to access files saved on one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access files saved on one drive: I have saved my files on one drive. Next day when I try to access the file using the file explorer where the status is a green tick, the file does not open...
  7. Unable to access files saved on one drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. One Drive Not Saving

One Drive Not Saving: Purchased One Drive storage 1T will not save. I get error message saying my One Drive is full but shows 58G only has been used. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-not-saving/3ffe573c-7ddc-433a-95f2-d932590c263d
  9. Saving a Photoshop File to One Drive

Saving a Photoshop File to One Drive: I use Photoshop to process my images. Yesterday, I started having a problem saving my images to my One Drive account. I can see the images in File Explorer and can select and open them in Photoshop with no problem. But if I then make a change to the image and try to save them...
  10. save excel files to one drive

save excel files to one drive: I just updated my computer and now my office files will not update automatically, or sync, to the cloud. when I go to onedrive and use excel online everything works fine, and when I go to my offline excel the changes show up just fine. However, when I make changes to the...