Windows 10: windows saying it needs another boot device

Discus and support windows saying it needs another boot device in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; after around 2 months of not using my pc, it says that it needs a boot device. whenever i use a boot device i click install now, i don’t have a product... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lampeking, Jun 22, 2021.

1. lampeking Win User

windows saying it needs another boot device

after around 2 months of not using my pc, it says that it needs a boot device. whenever i use a boot device i click install now, i don’t have a product key, next, accept , then custom because i can’t upgrade it i’m starting the computer with windows installation media, and then after custom it cannot be installed on any of the drives. the drives all have data on them, including system

:)

lampeking, Jun 22, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Boot Device not found

Hi Alan,

Corrupted system files or it boot to a different hard drive that it why you received the message Boot Device no found. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to perform automatic repair:

• Force turn off your computer/device 3 times until you reach the Automatic Repair environment.
    • On the list of options under Advance options, choose Start-up Repair and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Unable to boot the device with error: 0xc0000428 on Windows 10

Hi Vuk,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in booting the device with 0xc0000428 error. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message along with the error code of this issue?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you make any hardware/ software changes to your device prior to this issue?

I would like to inform that when you attempt to start a Windows 10 system, the system fails to start normally and you receive an error:
    0xc0000428 for the signed driver dlkmdldr.sys. Do confirm us if you are facing the same issue.

Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to remove all the external devices except mouse and keyboard, hard reboot the device and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the device by choosing the "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode from the advanced boot menu, you would be able to boot the system to the desktop.

• Try to boot the device to Windows Recovery Environment
    • Click on Advanced options, Startup Settings
      and Restart.
    • Once the computer restarts, press F7 key to start he device on
      Disable Driver Signature Enforcement mode.
    • Check if the computer boot successfully.

Step 3: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device after restarting the computer.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above an update us the status of this issue to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 22, 2021
  4. erixx Win User

Sabertooth 990fx won't boot to windows logo, it shuts down

to boot and enter bios and load windows, any todays PSU (with the correct plugs) will work, AFAIK

to enter BIOS only low wattage is used.
    Then, during boot, the HDD and a bit later the videocard card start to demand juice, then the other devices and periphericals... so the total demand during boot up is incrementing step by step, that's why a failure halfway could indicate a PSU problem....

erixx, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

1. windows saying it needs another boot device - Similar Threads - saying needs another

2. Windows code says "Product key used on another device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows code says "Product key used on another device": I tried to activate windows 11 Pro N using 11 Pro I dont know why i selected 11 pro N without knowing the difference when i installed windows on my new pc a few days ago then i was told i couldnt do that so i just did a clean install of windows. In the new install, the dark...
  3. Windows code says "Product key used on another device"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows code says "Product key used on another device": I tried to activate windows 11 Pro N using 11 Pro I dont know why i selected 11 pro N without knowing the difference when i installed windows on my new pc a few days ago then i was told i couldnt do that so i just did a clean install of windows. In the new install, the dark...
  4. Windows froze and after restart it says: your password was changed on another device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows froze and after restart it says: your password was changed on another device: Hello, my laptop with Windows 10 froze and after restart I used PIN to sign in but it's sayyour password was changed on another device and when i use my local password it's not working neither. Also somehow bitlocker turned on and I can't get to my personal data, because...
  5. Windows froze and after restart it says: your password was changed on another device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows froze and after restart it says: your password was changed on another device: Hello, my laptop with Windows 10 froze and after restart I used PIN to sign in but it's sayyour password was changed on another device and when i use my local password it's not working neither. Also somehow bitlocker turned on and I can't get to my personal data, because...
  6. Windows froze and after restart it says: your password was changed on another device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Product Key says it is being used on another device?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key says it is being used on another device?: Hi, I have had my computer for 4+ years, I recently got a new motherboard and CPU and re-installed windows, but was having issues with my PC bluescreening, and after running tests assumed my motherboard was no good. Just yesterday I got a new one, and obviously, my PC is...
  8. Window 10 Won't boot - Says No Boot Device - Partition gone (unallocated)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 Won't boot - Says No Boot Device - Partition gone (unallocated): My Windows 10 desktop PC has a SSD 250GB Sandisk drive with Windows 10 OS on it. My computer crashed and I had to turn of by the power. When I turned it on it said: 'Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key'. I...
  9. Windows 10 startup message says no boot device available

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 startup message says no boot device available: My dell desktop will not start up. I get the Windows logo with the working dial and after awhile it says no boot device available I try F1 with nothing and F2 to run the set up recovery, but none of those options work...
  10. Protected Boot -- maybe another look is needed

in Windows 10 Support
    Protected Boot -- maybe another look is needed: Hi there Protected boot doesn't seem to be as secure as some people would have us believe --this whole thing needs to be looked at again. Here's a post from A.Guy on W8 forum. http://www.eightforums.com/security-...tml#post486927 Cheers jimbo 4853