Windows 10: Windows says can’t sign into my account

Discus and support Windows says can’t sign into my account in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi my cousin bought me a surface pro and he set it up for me but i have no idea what he did because even though i am logged in with my microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RoxanaShahriari, May 15, 2020.

1. Windows says can’t sign into my account

Hi

my cousin bought me a surface pro and he set it up for me but i have no idea what he did because even though i am logged in with my microsoft account and set up a user name, it still has a different name when i go to this pc, local disk c, users. One of my friends tried to fix it by doing this:

1. win+r --> netplwiz --> change account name to "Roxana". Restart.

2. win+r --> regedit --> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\S-1-5-21-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxx --> change the value of the "ProfileImagePath" string to "Roxana" Restart.
    but this only crated a bigger problem. Now when my pc got restarted it said that “we cant log into your account” and created a temp user and i have no idea how to go back to my account

i have looked up solutions and for some reason none work. I have tried different things but i think the issue is that my account is not an administrator account but the weird thing is there is no other account for me to log into. I tried looking up this issue and tried to active the built in administrator account but that didnt work at all and my computer still has the same issue. Please help me i am so frustrated at this moment because i have been trying different things for 5 hours now. I am a student and i need to be able to get my assignments done so please help me fix this.

:)

RoxanaShahriari, May 15, 2020
  2. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Windows says can’t sign into my account :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, May 15, 2020
  3. Creating or signing in to microsoft account

Hi Gloria,

The error code that your are getting when adding an account is usually caused by the following:

• Your phone has an incorrect date and time set.
    • You do not have a data connection.
    • Your phone is in a "bad state."
    We suggest that you follow the steps on this link to set up your Microsoft
    Account on your device.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Regards.

Marcel Dio, May 15, 2020
  4. Windows says can’t sign into my account

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows says can’t sign into my account

1. Windows says can’t sign into my account - Similar Threads - says can’t sign

2. Account transferred, can’t sign in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account transferred, can’t sign in.: Hello, I have a personal Microsoft account through an old school email. The school recently migrated my email account to a new account. My windows PC is set to sign in to the old account, so I receive the message “You can’t sign in to this account. Try a different account.”...
  3. can’t sign in to my account windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can’t sign in to my account windows 10: so i turned on my computer this morning to find myself logged into a temporary account because it couldn’t sign in to my account, and i’ve tried several tutorials going into the registry editor and deleting + renaming files, and nothing has worked for me, so i can only assume...
  4. can’t sign in to my account windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    can’t sign in to my account windows 10: so i turned on my computer this morning to find myself logged into a temporary account because it couldn’t sign in to my account, and i’ve tried several tutorials going into the registry editor and deleting + renaming files, and nothing has worked for me, so i can only assume...
  5. can’t sign in to my account windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. I can’t sign in to my account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t sign in to my account.: I recently got a used laptop from a friend and reset it. I wanted to change my password which is presently too long and midway through I ran out of internet data and therefore lost connection with Microsoft. When I got ready to continue setting up Microsoft demanded internet...
  7. I can’t sign in to my account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t sign in to my account.: I recently got a used laptop from a friend and reset it. I wanted to change my password which is presently too long and midway through I ran out of internet data and therefore lost connection with Microsoft. When I got ready to continue setting up Microsoft demanded internet...
  8. I can’t sign in to my account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Can’t sign into my account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t sign into my account: I turned my computer off and turned it back on. Whenever I sign in it says “we can’t sign in right now” or something along those lines. I’ve tried everything Microsoft said and nothing worked. The last time I was on my computer I tried changing the users name folder in...
  10. Can’t sign into another account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t sign into another account: Hi I would really love some help on this because I went through 3 Microsoft support employees who were completely useless. My issue is that my brother got a pc yesterday, I wanted to make another user so I could have one as well and when I add my email it says that it needs...