Windows 10: Windows says critical process died after I tried to restore to a earlier restore point

Discus and support Windows says critical process died after I tried to restore to a earlier restore point in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried every option, including resetting while keeping my files. It keeps saying something went wrong. There’s a storm outside and I don’t have access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shadowhunter20709, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Windows says critical process died after I tried to restore to a earlier restore point

I tried every option, including resetting while keeping my files. It keeps saying something went wrong. There’s a storm outside and I don’t have access to another computer. Please help!

:)

Shadowhunter20709, Dec 3, 2023
  2. MeliFC Win User

critical process died

whenever i turn my pc on it crashes and says critical process died and i tried resetting and everything but nothing is working, this happened because i restored my pc using a system restore point, someone help please

MeliFC, Dec 3, 2023
  3. HR_UK Win User
    Critical process died and system restore says enable system protection Windows 10

Hi,

Been facing a issue and just cant seem to fix it.

Windows 10 just stopped loading with the blue screen giving error Critical Process Died

I have tried loading in safe mode but this does not work and I get the same error above.

I then tried to do a system restore and I can see three restore points but under the status is says "you must enable system protection on this drive" and will not let me click next.

I cannot load windows to enable the protection but can access command prompt.

any suggestions as to how I can get windows running again?

I would really like don't want to lose any of my files Windows says critical process died after I tried to restore to a earlier restore point :(

thanks

Harry

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup / PC

HR_UK, Dec 3, 2023
  4. Windows says critical process died after I tried to restore to a earlier restore point

Critical process died BSoD loop

My alienware 17 R3 laptop apparently forced restart to update windows 10 earlier in the day and after the update finished it literally won't start up and is now stuck in Critical process died BSoD loop without me being able to enter safe mode.

Any attempt to entering safe mode results in another Critical process died blue screen and I've tried EVERYTHING that the net lists as a solution.

Tried going back to previous version of windows and it list an error, tried restoring from a previous point and it doesn't show up at all. Hell I tried a complete reset of the laptop and it gave me an error and said it cannot complete the process for god
    knows what reason.

This happened once on my older alienware 17 r3 and I had to get a replacement entirely due to the vendors not being able to decipher the root cause of the problem but one thing is for damn sure, everytime a windows 10 update happens my laptop potentially
    gets killed off...

Seriously, any suggestions? This is pretty frigging infuriating.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

Louis12349, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

Windows says critical process died after I tried to restore to a earlier restore point

1. Windows says critical process died after I tried to restore to a earlier restore point - Similar Threads - says critical process

2. Windows says critical process died after I tried to restore to a earlier restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows says critical process died after I tried to restore to a earlier restore point: I tried every option, including resetting while keeping my files. It keeps saying something went wrong. There’s a storm outside and I don’t have access to another computer. Please help!...
  3. Critical process died loop, no restore points, absolutely nothing in the recovery...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical process died loop, no restore points, absolutely nothing in the recovery...: As the title says, my computer has basically stopped working. I recently installed. a feature update for Windows 10, and within an hour of it finishing, received the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED stopcode. Since then, I can’t get to the login screen even in Safe Mode before receiving...
  4. Critical process died loop, no restore points, absolutely nothing in the recovery...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical process died loop, no restore points, absolutely nothing in the recovery...: As the title says, my computer has basically stopped working. I recently installed. a feature update for Windows 10, and within an hour of it finishing, received the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED stopcode. Since then, I can’t get to the login screen even in Safe Mode before receiving...
  5. Critical process died loop, no restore points, absolutely nothing in the recovery...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Critical process died error can't reset restore points not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical process died error can't reset restore points not working: Hi my name is ojas I would like to ask for help from this community about the critical process died error on my windows 10 computerI have tried everything and nothing works sfc scans does not work either it gives an error that windows resource protection could not perform the...
  7. Earlier restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Earlier restore point: Can I create an earlier restore point then that is currently available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/earlier-restore-point/191c20d1-7257-4298-b412-a4d033e22b85
  8. Restore to earlier restore point impossible

Restore to earlier restore point impossible: Error Message: System restore was not successful. The computer's system files and settings have not been changed. Details: The file C: \ Users \ Reima \ iCloudDrive could not be extracted from the restore point. Unknown system restore failure. 0x8007045b...
  9. Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode.

Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode.: I have the same issue as the link below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/critical-process-died-no-restore-point-unable-to/99a81afc-cb4a-488f-b594-168e0bcccb6e?page=1 My issue happened after i tried to restore my laptop to an earlier...
  10. how to restore windows 10 to earlier restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    how to restore windows 10 to earlier restore point: I need to reset mt windows 10 computer to an earlier restore point. I've tried cortina but the directions for step 1 - to click on "all programs" in the left side bar - doesn't exist. I also tried searching control panel for "all programs" which offered several options,...