Windows 10: Windows says drive errors but cannot automatically fix it

Discus and support Windows says drive errors but cannot automatically fix it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I'm currently facing an issue with my windows saying that there is a drive error but when repairing the drive it does not detect any problem and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Anzo A, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Anzo A Win User

Windows says drive errors but cannot automatically fix it

Hi I'm currently facing an issue with my windows saying that there is a drive error but when repairing the drive it does not detect any problem and nothing will change. Sometimes when playing games my computer will randomly BSOD and the error message will say Error Memory Management. This happened once in a while but after checking with the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool it states that there were no problems. However, doing a sfc /scannow says that there are corrupt files that windows were unable to fix and tells me to look at the CBS.logLooking at it, there were some files that were corrupte

:)

Anzo A, Jul 1, 2021

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jul 1, 2021
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Windows says drive errors but cannot automatically fix it :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jul 1, 2021
  4. Windows says drive errors but cannot automatically fix it

Vista Automatic Updating Error

I have had automatic updating set to update daily but recently it has alerted me that it has been turned off.

I open Windows Security Center and click Change Settings under Automatic Updating, it gives me two options, "Install Updates Automatically (recommended)" and "Let me choose".

First option clicked and it gives me an error window, "Security Center can't change your automatic updating settings." and gives the option to do it manually.

I open the window to manually change my settings, "Install updates automatically Every Day at 5:00 AM" is selected, I click OK yet Automatic Updating is still not on.

If I go to the Windows Update window and Check for Updates I receive an error stating:

Error(s) found: Code 8007042 Windows Update encountered an unknown error.

Basically my automatic updates are being disabled *Bang Head :banghead:, any way to fix this? Thank you.

DistantDeath, Jul 1, 2021
Thema:

Windows says drive errors but cannot automatically fix it

1. Windows says drive errors but cannot automatically fix it - Similar Threads - says drive errors

2. Scan and fix will not fix errors on drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scan and fix will not fix errors on drive: My main C drive has received a warning about possible failure, 'Warning: reliability is degraded Back up your data in case of drive failure' and as a result I have been trying to back it up. Before I can back it up windows tells me I should scan and fix the drive but this has...
  3. Scan and fix will not fix errors on drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scan and fix will not fix errors on drive: My main C drive has received a warning about possible failure, 'Warning: reliability is degraded Back up your data in case of drive failure' and as a result I have been trying to back it up. Before I can back it up windows tells me I should scan and fix the drive but this has...
  4. PC freezes and says there are drive errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes and says there are drive errors: So basically, recently my PC completely freezes if I'm playing a game or have it on in the background, an issue it previously didn't have. When this happens, I sort of panic and shut it down. When I turn it back on, it checks the disk and then resumes use until I play a game...
  5. PC freezes and says there are drive errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes and says there are drive errors: So basically, recently my PC completely freezes if I'm playing a game or have it on in the background, an issue it previously didn't have. When this happens, I sort of panic and shut it down. When I turn it back on, it checks the disk and then resumes use until I play a game...
  6. Google Drive says cryptui.dll is invalid for Windows or has an error - how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Drive says cryptui.dll is invalid for Windows or has an error - how do I fix it?: This week when I start my computer I get a message from Google Drive that c:\Windows\System32\cryptui.dll is not made for Windows or contains an error.IF I try to verify my system files I get:The WOF driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file's Resource Table....
  7. Can't Fix this Drive Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Fix this Drive Error: So for the past couple of weeks, my ASUS laptop (purchased in October 2020) started running Disk Checking at startup. I kind of ignored it for a while and then realized it wasn't going away. I went into drive properties > tools and then got the message "We found errors on...
  8. The error that I cannot fix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The error that I cannot fix: I've just resigned myself to this error at this point, about 30-40% of applications I download just do not work on my latest install of Windows 10, which I recently installed at the beginning of the week. The error reads as such: The application was unable to start correctly...
  9. Restarts suddenly and says fixing C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Restarts suddenly and says fixing C drive: [IMG] My laptop automatically restarts and starts fixing the C drive. Please tell me how can I solve this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restarts-suddenly-and-says-fixing-c-drive/6234099b-8f0c-48da-92c4-5dbe4d2ac5ef
  10. Automatic Repair cannot fix my computer (Help!)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair cannot fix my computer (Help!): Basically, a Steam game was not updating and said Disk Read error so I decided to optimise my disk using the windows function to do so. I did this a few times and stopped it while doing it after a few times. Then I shut down my computer and Automatic Repair says log file c...