Windows 10: Windows says folder was modified when desktop power suppl switched off

Discus and support Windows says folder was modified when desktop power suppl switched off in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is a curiosity more than a problem, but I thought to ask anyways Last night (well, technically this morning since it was after midnight), my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by leftisthominid, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Windows says folder was modified when desktop power suppl switched off

This is a curiosity more than a problem, but I thought to ask anyways

Last night (well, technically this morning since it was after midnight), my desktop completed the Windows 10 Anniversary update. I shut down the computer around 1 AM. I switched off the main power supply before going to bed. Until 8PM, the computer remained thoroughly switched off.

I noticed that the Windows.old folder that claims that it was modified and created at 4:08 AM when the computer was completely without power. Anyone have an explanation? My computer time is set properly.

:)

leftisthominid, Aug 12, 2016

2. windows 10 update

hi , i've just started the windows 10 update , and there was a power cut , when the power was restored the desktop switched on but there is no signal to the monitor .i'm only getting a no signal sign on the monitor screen , ive tried 2 different hdmi cables
    but no luck .I assume the desktop is running because I can switch the cap lock switch on the keyboard on and off

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate

macdara(2), Aug 12, 2016
  3. lacrumb Win User
    How can I turn off my screen without locking my computer? (for Win 10)

If this is a desktop you could get a power cable that had a switch in it and just switch off the power to the monitor.

lacrumb, Aug 12, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Windows says folder was modified when desktop power suppl switched off

CountMike, Aug 12, 2016
Thema:

Windows says folder was modified when desktop power suppl switched off

1. Windows says folder was modified when desktop power suppl switched off - Similar Threads - says folder was

2. computer switching off when idle

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer switching off when idle: I had to have my hard drive replaced on my desktop computer - as a result of this when my computer is left idle - at present set for 15 mins - i cannot restart it unless i switch it off and on - this was not the case prior to hard drive replacement - it went idle after 15...
  3. Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop - Off Switch?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop - Off Switch?: I just purchased the Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop and I can only seem to turn off the mouse. Is there a way to turn off the keyboard and number pad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sculpt-ergonomic-desktop-off-switch/05a1e52d-da18-484d-9e1b-66fe3f89b360
  4. Printer causes desktop to switch on automatically, when turned off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Printer causes desktop to switch on automatically, when turned off.: Ok, so, I don't know whether this issue has to do with Windows 10, but I do have Windows 10 at home anyhow. So, at home our printer and laptop are connected to the broadband router (which is connected to the desktop by cable) wirelessly. When I switch the printer on in order...
  5. Laptop switching off when power to charge switched on.

Laptop switching off when power to charge switched on.: Quite often my Dell Inspiron5758 laptop will, when I switch on the power to recharge, turn off. Has anyone any ideas what might be the cause? 123749
  6. PC freezes completely when gaming. Have to switch off at power button.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes completely when gaming. Have to switch off at power button.: Having a bit of a problem latel. Sometimes when playing games, usually about 5-10 mins in, my PC freezes completely. No inputs work(keyboard or mouse), all sound stops, image freezes on screen, cant use ctrl+alt+del and I have to turn it off by holding power button down....
  7. touchscreen disabled when screen switches off

touchscreen disabled when screen switches off: In win7 and win8.1, i could set the screen of my tablet (Lenovo Miix3) to switch off after 3 min (not sleep, just switch off the screen). Tapping the touchscreen would bring it immediately to life again. With win10, this does not happen. I need to click the on/off button...
  8. How to get a desktop folder off the desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get a desktop folder off the desktop?: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I had (and have) a downloads folder under the desktop folder (a subfolder of users) which I use(d) to store video files. As far as I can remember Windows 7 didn't show this folder with its contents on the desktop, Windows 10...
  9. Switch off PC without mouse clicking when press the Power Button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Switch off PC without mouse clicking when press the Power Button: Hi, Please could someone point me to a way of making it so that when I press the Power Button on my Windows 10 desktop that the computer will power down without me having to click with the mouse to turn off various programs or clicking the "restart anyway" button that...
  10. Policy Setting to prevent Power Switch off of devices?

in Windows 10 Support
    Policy Setting to prevent Power Switch off of devices?: I am looking for help from anyone with intimate knowledge of the group policies. I have switched off all the power management settings which allow the O/S to switch off a device to save power. I am still getting disconnects and some times this affects the mouse and keyboard...