Windows 10: Windows says folder was modified when desktop power suppl switched off

Discus and support Windows says folder was modified when desktop power suppl switched off in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is a curiosity more than a problem, but I thought to ask anyways Last night (well, technically this morning since it was after midnight), my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by leftisthominid, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Windows says folder was modified when desktop power suppl switched off

This is a curiosity more than a problem, but I thought to ask anyways

Last night (well, technically this morning since it was after midnight), my desktop completed the Windows 10 Anniversary update. I shut down the computer around 1 AM. I switched off the main power supply before going to bed. Until 8PM, the computer remained thoroughly switched off.

I noticed that the Windows.old folder that claims that it was modified and created at 4:08 AM when the computer was completely without power. Anyone have an explanation? My computer time is set properly.

:)

leftisthominid, Aug 12, 2016

2. windows 10 update

hi , i've just started the windows 10 update , and there was a power cut , when the power was restored the desktop switched on but there is no signal to the monitor .i'm only getting a no signal sign on the monitor screen , ive tried 2 different hdmi cables
    but no luck .I assume the desktop is running because I can switch the cap lock switch on the keyboard on and off

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate

macdara(2), Aug 12, 2016
  3. lacrumb Win User
    How can I turn off my screen without locking my computer? (for Win 10)

If this is a desktop you could get a power cable that had a switch in it and just switch off the power to the monitor.

lacrumb, Aug 12, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Windows says folder was modified when desktop power suppl switched off

CountMike, Aug 12, 2016
Thema:

Windows says folder was modified when desktop power suppl switched off

1. Windows says folder was modified when desktop power suppl switched off - Similar Threads - says folder was

2. Laptop runs out of power when switched off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop runs out of power when switched off: The laptop is three years old. Recently it didn't switch on it had about 60-70 per cent charge before it was switched off. After charging, the BIOS gave an error HP Battery Alert, it said that the battery had significantly reduced its capacity. I replaced the battery with a...
  3. Laptop runs out of power when switched off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop runs out of power when switched off: The laptop is three years old. Recently it didn't switch on it had about 60-70 per cent charge before it was switched off. After charging, the BIOS gave an error HP Battery Alert, it said that the battery had significantly reduced its capacity. I replaced the battery with a...
  4. Desktop switches on/off while charging?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop switches on/off while charging?: While plugged in, and idle, the display on its own goes dark and then switches back on. Why is this happening, How do I fix this?Here's what I've tried so far:1 Reinstalled graphic drivers2 Ran DISM.exe- restorehealth3 Updated to the latest windows 10 v 21H1....
  5. Ransomware protection saying "No action needed", but Controlled folder access switched off.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ransomware protection saying "No action needed", but Controlled folder access switched off.: Is this right, if not any thoughts please? FYI - a Windows Defender scan shows no problems, I've also run a couple of other scans just to check and all showing ok....
  6. Issue when switching off power supply to my laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issue when switching off power supply to my laptop: Whenever I switch off my laptop's power supply, it powers down immediately. It is supposed to stay on. This has been happening only for the past two or three days. There were only two updates recently KB4532938 and KB4528760 and this has been happening since. I have tried...
  7. Modify folder ..?

in Windows 10 Support
    Modify folder ..?: Hi All Is there a way to get rid of folder infos ..? [img] Thanks 139798
  8. Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop - Off Switch?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop - Off Switch?: I just purchased the Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop and I can only seem to turn off the mouse. Is there a way to turn off the keyboard and number pad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sculpt-ergonomic-desktop-off-switch/05a1e52d-da18-484d-9e1b-66fe3f89b360
  9. Printer causes desktop to switch on automatically, when turned off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Printer causes desktop to switch on automatically, when turned off.: Ok, so, I don't know whether this issue has to do with Windows 10, but I do have Windows 10 at home anyhow. So, at home our printer and laptop are connected to the broadband router (which is connected to the desktop by cable) wirelessly. When I switch the printer on in order...
  10. Laptop switching off when power to charge switched on.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop switching off when power to charge switched on.: Quite often my Dell Inspiron5758 laptop will, when I switch on the power to recharge, turn off. Has anyone any ideas what might be the cause? 123749