Windows 10: Windows says I already have a My Pictures folder, but I can't find it

Discus and support Windows says I already have a My Pictures folder, but I can't find it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; *Thumbs*Thumbs Well, are you saying we should all just be using Windows 95? You don't think the OS has improved any? Improvement requires change,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ChangeOnWin10, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Windows says I already have a My Pictures folder, but I can't find it

*Thumbs*Thumbs
    *Thumbs*Thumbs

hTconeM9user, Oct 29, 2016

2. First I wanted to thank everyone who contributed to the thread. There's a lot of useful and informative information. Some philosophical points were raised and I wanted to comment on them. First, bonnet, boot what difference does it make? Imagine the look on your face when I tell you I can't find the spare tire under the bonnet.
    Windows operating systems have been notorious for there exploitability and bugs. So along comes Areal, that blurry interface that people hated, the lost Start button that had to be restored, and the 8.1 disaster that eliminated the desktop, which Win 10 restored. So many users complained that there is a Windows Classic option in XP. Like I said Microsoft is trying to put different shades of lipstick on its pig hoping we'll ignore the pig. I could upgrade for $200, but I may as well buy a new computer for $400. I don't want to. When the hardware breaks, I'll buy. Either way I spend weeks finding where they've put things that didn't need to be moved and avoiding un-patched exploits.
    Microsoft, on the other hand could have been pounding on the system, eliminating the bugs and closing loopholes, endearing it's users to them. Meanwhile, if they have a new Graphical User Interface that you love and you don't mind spending the money, you can "Upgrade" assured that the OS is bug free and hack proof. For that matter there might be dozens of GUI's that appeal all sorts of different tastes, ( a few people actually liked that Areal interface ). I started with DOS and couldn't see any value in Windows. Then I got a mouse. By the time I got to 98 though I had pretty much everything I needed in a interface. There have been improvements to be sure, but since 98 nothing that I couldn't live without. There are some features I might have purchased as add-ons to customize my 98 interface. Talk about professional looking, no glitz, no glam, no wasted RAM on painting the screen with cascading colors and other silliness. I brought a new computer running XP. Had I the opportunity I would have "Upgraded" to 98, My preferred GUI and the last true "Personal Computer" OS. I have and never will have a reason to share my PC. The sign in front of it says, "If you touch it I will hurt you".
    As to the naming conventions they should be user defined. If I send something across a LAN or WAN windows can simply drop it into the folder it knows it as regardless of what the user there calls it. I bring my car Betsy to be repaired. He looks up Ford repairs. He doesn't care if I call it Betsy, but he can't look up Betsy repairs, and I understand. My car is a Ford and that will never change, but I still call her Betsy.

ChangeOnWin10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows says I already have a My Pictures folder, but I can't find it

1. Windows says I already have a My Pictures folder, but I can't find it - Similar Threads - says already Pictures

2. can't buy minecraft It says I already have it, but I don't have it anymore

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    can't buy minecraft It says I already have it, but I don't have it anymore: I want to buy Minecraft again because I no longer have it but I can't use the gift cardi get this in dutchHet lijkt erop dat u dit al hebtGa op je thuisapparaat naar Mijn games en apps of Mijn bibliotheek om het te downloaden. Als je aan het gamen bent vanuit de cloud, kun je...
  3. can't buy minecraft It says I already have it, but I don't have it anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't buy minecraft It says I already have it, but I don't have it anymore: I want to buy Minecraft again because I no longer have it but I can't use the gift cardi get this in dutchHet lijkt erop dat u dit al hebtGa op je thuisapparaat naar Mijn games en apps of Mijn bibliotheek om het te downloaden. Als je aan het gamen bent vanuit de cloud, kun je...
  4. can't buy minecraft It says I already have it, but I don't have it anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My pc says I have 40 gigabytes that I can't find anywhere.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My pc says I have 40 gigabytes that I can't find anywhere.: I was checking my storage to see if I had enough space to download something, and noticed one of my categories said I had 40 gigs, so I checked I had already done the math previously because of another issue and I had nowhere near 40 gigs, so I looked up some solutions and...
  6. My backgrounds disappeared and I can't find the folder that stored my background pictures

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My backgrounds disappeared and I can't find the folder that stored my background pictures: the folder i had was named desktopbackground, and contained my pictures i was using for my desktop background, but i now cant find the folder containing the images. is there a way to extract the exact path windows has stored to where i have set it to look for that folder?...
  7. I can't find an app i already own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't find an app i already own: Good day, i downloaded My Coursera app from Microsoft app store and the website says that i already own the app, yet i can't find it neither in my app list nor in my installed apps in the control panel. i have a Dell Venu 7 Pro with Windows 10. Thank you....
  8. I can not find my pictures or folder with my pictures in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can not find my pictures or folder with my pictures in file explorer.: Hello, Can someone please tell me how to find and view and then send pictures to my email? Thanks, A.W. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-find-my-pictures-or-folder-with-my/ee1f65f6-c116-47fc-885e-79c05e37fd6b
  9. I can't find my Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't find my Downloads folder: I can't find my Downloads folder through the File Manager or through the cmd prompt but I can access it by typing the path in the address bar C:\Users\name\Downloads...
  10. I cannot find my picture folders.

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot find my picture folders.: I can find a Picture folder, and some of my pictures are in the folder, but not all of them. If I go to Start, File Explorer, On This PC, and then search JPG or IMG, then I can see some of my missing pictures, but nowhere close to the number of pictures that are on my...