Windows 10: Windows says I have no internet, but I definitely do.

Discus and support Windows says I have no internet, but I definitely do. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm using a custom built system with an ASRock B450 mini ITX motherboard that has an onboard Intel Wireless AC 3168. I'm having this strange issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/knuckledragger242, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Windows says I have no internet, but I definitely do.

I'm using a custom built system with an ASRock B450 mini ITX motherboard that has an onboard Intel Wireless AC 3168. I'm having this strange issue where the OS will report that I have no internet, even though I definitely do. I'm using WiFi from Boingo, which is my only option right now. No other users are reporting issues.

It seems to be getting worse. It started out with the WiFi cutting out after about 5 hours of uptime. Then it would just be intermittent, no apparent pattern. It the progressed to reporting no internet, but the packets still went through. Now it's doing that, but the connection is dropping, and not returning until a restart. Until today, none of theses issues appeared while gaming, only while browsing or other tasks.

Edit: I've already tried reinstalling the driver, bother from the manufacturer website and from device manager.

submitted by /u/knuckledragger242
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/knuckledragger242, Jul 1, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

PC says I have internet access but still no internet in praxis

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

• Have you installed all pending Windows and Network adaptor driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message? If yes share the exact and complete error message?

As an initial troubleshooting step I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and Network adaptor updates.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Please refer to the following Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa
    on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

If the issue still persists follow the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix network connection issues.

These steps are applicable to Ethernet and WIFI connection issues. Do let us know if you are able to use internet.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Microsoft Apps Say I have no Internet access but I do.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to follow the below given methods and check if issue is resolved:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run Network Troubleshooter and restart your PC and check if that update is installed. To run Network Troubleshooter kindly follow below given steps:

• Press Windows key +X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Search and click on Network Troubleshooter.
    • Follow the onscreen guidance and restart your PC after finishing it.
    Method 2:

Reinstall the Network driver in compatibility mode

Though you have installed network driver numerous times and it didn’t helped. The issue could have occurred due to the drivers installed not being compatible with Windows 10.

In order to use the drivers which are designed or developed for a different Operating System, we need to install them in compatibility mode. Please follow the steps below to uninstall the network driver:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Right click on the Network adaptor and select
      Uninstall.
    To install the drivers in compatibility mode, follow the steps below:

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the
      operating system accordingly from the drop down list
    • Click OK and run the setup.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 1, 2020
  4. dejann Win User

Windows says I have no internet, but I definitely do.

I dont have internet

I don't have internet I shell restore windows photo viewer and I do like in tutorial, after I restart computer, and lose internet connection. Maybe this tutorial for windows photo viewer don't have nothing because I lose internet connection, but after this steps, I lose internet connection.
    What I do?
    Thanks advanced.

dejann, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows says I have no internet, but I definitely do.

1. Windows says I have no internet, but I definitely do. - Similar Threads - says internet definitely

2. Windows 11 says I have no internet connection- except I do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 says I have no internet connection- except I do.: Hi, noticed this problem occurring sometime in November. I have a working internet connection, both wireless and Ethernet. Both adapters have updated drivers. I am able to connect to any webpage, steam, other online applications with no issue, but the windows network tray and...
  3. Windows 11 says I have no internet connection- except I do.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 says I have no internet connection- except I do.: Hi, noticed this problem occurring sometime in November. I have a working internet connection, both wireless and Ethernet. Both adapters have updated drivers. I am able to connect to any webpage, steam, other online applications with no issue, but the windows network tray and...
  4. Windows Services, Onedrive and Teams says I have no internet, I do!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Services, Onedrive and Teams says I have no internet, I do!: This is a continuing issue that crops up every thirty days or so.On my desktop pc, I will suddenly find my onedrive is trying to sign in. I will also notice my Teams app says 'We ran into a problem'. If I try and load feedback hub, Help, Microsoft Store, they all say there is...
  5. Windows Services, Onedrive and Teams says I have no internet, I do!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Services, Onedrive and Teams says I have no internet, I do!: This is a continuing issue that crops up every thirty days or so.On my desktop pc, I will suddenly find my onedrive is trying to sign in. I will also notice my Teams app says 'We ran into a problem'. If I try and load feedback hub, Help, Microsoft Store, they all say there is...
  6. Windows says I have no internet connection, but I do.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows says I have no internet connection, but I do.: I am running windows 10 home version 1909. My icon in the taskbar shows no internet access, but I can use it just fine. I saw here...
  7. Computer says no internet but I have internet?

Computer says no internet but I have internet?: Hello, I am having an issue with my desktop computer. It's running the latest version of Windows 10 in conjunction with an internet connection via ethernet cable and OpenVPN. When I am not connected to the VPN, the computer correctly recognizes that I have an internet...
  8. Windows 10 'says' I don't have internet and I do.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 'says' I don't have internet and I do.: Recently I resintalled Windows 10 and upgraded to 1809. I started using the built-in skype for windows 10 and it was laggy at the start and then it totally stopped working with the explanation that I don't have internet connection which was false. At the same time when I...
  9. Microsoft says "no internet" but I have internet

Microsoft says "no internet" but I have internet: This has been going on for months at this point. Whenever I log into our desk top computer, my Microsoft account says it needs attention and for me to log in. When I click on the grey notification box in the lower right corner, it takes me to the menu where I click to log in...
  10. Says I have internet access but I believe I do not

Says I have internet access but I believe I do not: I have recently got a virus where I believe I got rid of by restoring my HP laptop back to factory settings however...since this I have had my internet connection say internet access however it always disconnects and it also has no "bars" of connection. Is this a problem with...