Windows 10: Windows says I have no internet connection, but I do.

Discus and support Windows says I have no internet connection, but I do. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running windows 10 home version 1909. My icon in the taskbar shows no internet access, but I can use it just fine. I saw here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidIrving2, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Windows says I have no internet connection, but I do.

I am running windows 10 home version 1909.

My icon in the taskbar shows no internet access, but I can use it just fine.

I saw here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/windows-10-says-i-have-no-internet-connection-but/50153e5b-a008-443d-af0e-5ee3822c37a1 that this is a problem in version 2004. I checked EnableActiveProbing in the registry, but it was already set to 1.

I don't know where to go from here so any help would be appreciated.

:)

DavidIrving2, Jan 3, 2021

2. Cant get Cortana to work, says it's not connected to the internet.

Hello ,

Your question on Microsoft Community has received a reply from Joy Kemprai.

Title:
    Cant get Cortana To work

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are facing currently, and we in Community will try to resolve your issue the best way we can.

Before I can provide you any assistance, I would like you to answer the question below:

1. Do you that an un-interrupted internet connection?

2. Is your web browser working properly?

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if the issue persist:

Step 1: Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.
    Step 2: Run Internet Troubleshooter.

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions.
    Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

I have done all the above and have a 50mbps connection. Help. Thank You

John Schaus, Jan 3, 2021
  3. 3mptylord Win User
    Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But...

I've tried unselecting the option but I didn't fix the issue - nor could I see why it would.

The following things connect to the internet fine:
    • Microsoft Edge (new IE)
    • Chrome
    • Steam's browser and Steam multiplayer games
    • League of Legends launcher, patcher, PVP.net and game client
    • Battle.net
    • Pretty much everything
    What doesn't work:

• Network Center (says I'm not connected)
    • Windows Live Mail (logging in)
    • Outlook (logging in)
    • Notepad 8 (logging in)
    • User Accounts (logging in)
    The issue seems to affect any Microsoft product that tries to connect to Live.

3mptylord, Jan 3, 2021
  4. Windows says I have no internet connection, but I do.

Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows says I have no internet connection, but I do.

1. Windows says I have no internet connection, but I do. - Similar Threads - says internet connection

2. Windows 11 says I have no internet connection- except I do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 says I have no internet connection- except I do.: Hi, noticed this problem occurring sometime in November. I have a working internet connection, both wireless and Ethernet. Both adapters have updated drivers. I am able to connect to any webpage, steam, other online applications with no issue, but the windows network tray and...
  3. Windows 11 says I have no internet connection- except I do.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 says I have no internet connection- except I do.: Hi, noticed this problem occurring sometime in November. I have a working internet connection, both wireless and Ethernet. Both adapters have updated drivers. I am able to connect to any webpage, steam, other online applications with no issue, but the windows network tray and...
  4. Windows says I have no internett connection, but I do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows says I have no internett connection, but I do: On the right bar, it shows a white globe with a disallowed sign. I can not use any windows software and microsoft apps because it says Im not connected to the internett. So I can not update my computer, or upgrade to windows 11. However, I can browse on my internett browser...
  5. Windows says I have no internet, but I definitely do.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows says I have no internet, but I definitely do.: I'm using a custom built system with an ASRock B450 mini ITX motherboard that has an onboard Intel Wireless AC 3168. I'm having this strange issue where the OS will report that I have no internet, even though I definitely do. I'm using WiFi from Boingo, which is my only...
  6. Windows 10 says I have no internet connection, but I have.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 says I have no internet connection, but I have.: I am running on Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 2004, OS Build 19041.264. I recently changed to the Windows Insider Program and updated Windows. In the taskbar, the Wi-Fi icon shows No Internet Access, but I have a stable internet connection wirelessly Ex: I can browse the...
  7. Windows 10 saying "you need Internet for this" but I do have valid Internet connection -...

Windows 10 saying "you need Internet for this" but I do have valid Internet connection -...: I have been using my laptop with Windows 10 for years and recently I am using this laptop in company, connecting with a usb ethernet dongle. Now here comes the trouble, when I re-connect my network at home with home wifi, some Microsoft applications says no Internet...
  8. windows 10 keeps saying that I have no internet connection when I do

windows 10 keeps saying that I have no internet connection when I do: I'm having a big problem my computers windows 10 is saying I have no internet connection but I do have internet but because of this I can't use some of windows 10's features I've use the windows troubleshooting and it there's nothing wrong even apps other apps are there's no...
  9. Windows says not connected, but i have internet.

Windows says not connected, but i have internet.: So I use a dsl pppoe connection to access internet. [ATTACH][ATTACH] But recently I discovered I can not access ms store or other metro apps. Even windows update is showing error. [ATTACH] Then when I check my settings it says not connected. Even though I am connected...
  10. Windows 10 says I have no internet connection, however I do.

Windows 10 says I have no internet connection, however I do.: Was wondering if anyone had any experience with this, as it's never happened, and I've tried everything short of reinstalling Windows 10. About a month ago (I assume this may be due to the recent windows update), Windows tells me that I have no internet connection when, in...