Windows 10: Windows says im using far more disk space than i am

Discus and support Windows says im using far more disk space than i am in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; https://imgur.com/a/b5JLyEE https://imgur.com/a/l6TA6Yi Screenshots of windows saying the drives full, and one of windirstat and properties saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/make_a_wish69, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Windows says im using far more disk space than i am

/u/make_a_wish69, Apr 29, 2020

2. My disk space is gone

Hi John,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to run theSystem Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select view all on the top left corner.

• Click System Maintenance,
      follow onscreen instructions.
    I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.
    For reference:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/free-up-disk-space

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 23, 2020
  3. Noela Tum Win User
    Low Disk space and no storage

Hi Katie,

There are times when your Windows PC will let you know that it's low on disk space to prevent information loss. When your PC doesn't have enough disk space, it will affect the performance of your PC. Please answer these questions so we can isolate the cause
    of your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How much disk space is available at this time? Can you provide me a screenshot of the current disk space?
    • What is the current OS Build of your PC? Click the Start button, then type
      winver, and then press Enter to verify this information.

You can also visit this
    article
    on how to free up more drive space to improve the performance of your computer.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Noela Tum, May 23, 2020
  4. Joan Pin Win User

Windows says im using far more disk space than i am

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows says im using far more disk space than i am

1. Windows says im using far more disk space than i am - Similar Threads - says using far

2. My PC is saying I am using more space than I actually am

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is saying I am using more space than I actually am: I am currently trying to free up storage on my PC ; under the "installed apps" tab in my storage, it says that I am using 61Gb's of storage, but when I open up the tab I only count around 8Gb's being used....
  3. My PC is saying I am using more space than I actually am

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC is saying I am using more space than I actually am: I am currently trying to free up storage on my PC ; under the "installed apps" tab in my storage, it says that I am using 61Gb's of storage, but when I open up the tab I only count around 8Gb's being used....
  4. SSD used space is more than i really use

SSD used space is more than i really use: i got a new SSD which is 931 GB size and iam only have 1 game on it which is 47 GB but when i open my SSD properties its used space is 63 GBany help would be appriciated...
  5. Storage Spaces says it uses 11TB more than it actually does.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces says it uses 11TB more than it actually does.: I am currently moving data off storage spaces onto another drive because of the 63TB limit and I cannot remove the drive because it says it's still using that amount of space. It says it's using 44.4TB but both WizTree and Explorer add up to 33.3TBhttps://imgur.com/JaiXl1E...
  6. Storage Spaces says it uses 11TB more than it actually does.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces says it uses 11TB more than it actually does.: I am currently moving data off storage spaces onto another drive because of the 63TB limit and I cannot remove the drive because it says it's still using that amount of space. It says it's using 44.4TB but both WizTree and Explorer add up to 33.3TBhttps://imgur.com/JaiXl1E...
  7. PC says that I am using more storage than I actually am.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC says that I am using more storage than I actually am.: My PC says that I am using 449 gigabytes when I counted up how much I was using on apps & features, other people, pictures, documents, and temporary files and it amounted to 38.71 gigabytes. It says that apps and features are using 397 gigabytes, which is most of the storage...
  8. PC says that I am using more storage than I actually am.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC says that I am using more storage than I actually am.: My PC says that I am using 449 gigabytes when I counted up how much I was using on apps & features, other people, pictures, documents, and temporary files and it amounted to 38.71 gigabytes. It says that apps and features are using 397 gigabytes, which is most of the storage...
  9. PC says that I am using more storage than I actually am.

10. Windows showing more used disk space than it should

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows showing more used disk space than it should: The Windows File Explorer says I've used 226 GB out of my 475 GB drive. I thought this number was off, so I checked each large file on the drive (ProgramFiles, ProgramFilesx86, Users, Windows, WindowsUpgrade, etc). Long story short, it all adds up to 186.55 GB instead of the...