Windows 10: Windows says it cant boot but after 2 restarts it does??

Discus and support Windows says it cant boot but after 2 restarts it does?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I booted up my pc to see that windows couldn't boot correctly. I let it repair itself and then tried rebooting the pc once it finished. It then told... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shadowX1312, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Windows says it cant boot but after 2 restarts it does??

So I booted up my pc to see that windows couldn't boot correctly. I let it repair itself and then tried rebooting the pc once it finished. It then told me it couldn't boot again. Instead of clicking repair this time, I restarted which seemed to work. I rebooted my pc a couple more times and each time it booted normally. What's goin on? Any help would be super appreciated!

submitted by /u/shadowX1312
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shadowX1312, Jul 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Jul 25, 2020
  3. KBD
    KBD Win User
    PC Won't Boot After Install and Restart

I was able to clear CMOS by taking out the battery and then putting it in after 5 min. That helped and i was able to boot, i got some kind of a checksum error and was given a choice to restore to last known good configuration or to default, i chose option number 1 and was able to boot into Windows, however after i restarted the PC i was back to square 1 where system wouldn't boot as before.

What do i do now? Clear CMOS again and attempt to boot into Windows do a system restore and uninstall that program that may have been the cause of this problem? Any suggestions?

4. rs100 Win User

Windows says it cant boot but after 2 restarts it does??

EFI partition keeps saying hidden, cant boot winodws

trying to finalize my windows install but it wont boot to the final step...asked other forums but we cant get passed the "hidden info"

this is a brand new ssd disk with a new windows install, used rufus with windows iso.

Windows says it cant boot but after 2 restarts it does?? [​IMG]

Windows says it cant boot but after 2 restarts it does?? [​IMG]

rs100, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows says it cant boot but after 2 restarts it does??

1. Windows says it cant boot but after 2 restarts it does?? - Similar Threads - says cant boot

2. Windows 11 does not boot whenever restarted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 does not boot whenever restarted: Hello,my Windows 11 is booting just fine if I start my computer fresh. As soon as I restart it or after sleep mode I get a blue screen "critical process died" and windows cannot find a bootable device. If I reset the computer it restarts just fine. Any idea what could be the...
  3. Windows 11 does not boot whenever restarted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not boot whenever restarted: Hello,my Windows 11 is booting just fine if I start my computer fresh. As soon as I restart it or after sleep mode I get a blue screen "critical process died" and windows cannot find a bootable device. If I reset the computer it restarts just fine. Any idea what could be the...
  4. when i start it says innecasable boot device 2 days after that it keeps restarting and then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i start it says innecasable boot device 2 days after that it keeps restarting and then...: At first sorry my english is not that good. My problem is since 2020 my pc coul not update but i just ignored it and a week ago i resetet it and now i when i start it says innecasable boot device 2 days after that it keeps restarting and then shows me the blue screen with the...
  5. when i start it says innecasable boot device 2 days after that it keeps restarting and then...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i start it says innecasable boot device 2 days after that it keeps restarting and then...: At first sorry my english is not that good. My problem is since 2020 my pc coul not update but i just ignored it and a week ago i resetet it and now i when i start it says innecasable boot device 2 days after that it keeps restarting and then shows me the blue screen with the...
  6. when i start it says innecasable boot device 2 days after that it keeps restarting and then...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Computer cant boot, if it does it will crash soon after.

Computer cant boot, if it does it will crash soon after.: Its a lenovo Y530 15h Intel i5 8th gen Intel optane 16 gb 8gb DDR4 RAM It started happening at random about 2 days ago. A random bluescreen would occur with the error file being:iaStoreAC.sys This time it crashed and hasnt been able to boot up properly, ive tried...
  8. Windows does not restart after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows does not restart after sleep: Since the last update a few weeks ago now I have had a very serious problem with Windows 10. For years I have used the following command line in a bat file to engage Sleep mode from a Shortcut on the Desktop: C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe Powrprof.dll, SetSuspendState...
  9. Windows does not restart after recovery

Windows does not restart after recovery: [ATTACH]Hi.After I updated my Windows 10 I got a blue screen with the following error : Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.It then did that,but did not want to restart again. Since I did not have a lot of data on the device,a system recovery was not a...
  10. Cant boot windows after install

Cant boot windows after install: So I’m doing a clean install on a new SSD I just bought. The Samsung 850 EVO. I have a USB flash drive that I use to try to install Win 10 and I cannot get it to work. I get to the install screen and when it says it need to reboot it won’t reboot back into the Windows...