Windows 10: Windows says it's activated even though I haven't activated it

Discus and support Windows says it's activated even though I haven't activated it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How did this happen? It actually keeps crashing as well, might be relevant. submitted by /u/RGBonmyeverything [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RGBonmyeverything, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Windows says it's activated even though I haven't activated it

/u/RGBonmyeverything, Dec 31, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Windows activation . . .

In the Windows activation status page is it still showing as activated, or do you have something like 3 days to do it in?

qubit, Dec 31, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Windows activation . . .

And technically your correct. OEMs are only for one system tied to the motherboard. But you can still activate it over the phone on the automated activation but check the activation as qubit says

Jetster, Dec 31, 2019
  4. Windows says it's activated even though I haven't activated it

Windows Activation?

Windows will do this if it detects a significant (their word, questionable use) hardware change, and will ask you to reactivate.

After a key has been activated X number of times, you will have to call to activate it.

Couple of tips for the phone call: You can use your keypad, and when they're telling you keys, instead of saying "Repeat that" and "Continue" type 1 and 2. With these tips, that activation call will only last you about 4 and a half minutes.

DanishDevil, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows says it's activated even though I haven't activated it

1. Windows says it's activated even though I haven't activated it - Similar Threads - says activated though

2. cant activate Windows even though it was previously activated on the same device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant activate Windows even though it was previously activated on the same device: HELP!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-windows-even-though-it-was/1903894e-49a7-4a2f-88ec-6d217e71a095
  3. cant activate Windows even though it was previously activated on the same device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant activate Windows even though it was previously activated on the same device: HELP!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-windows-even-though-it-was/1903894e-49a7-4a2f-88ec-6d217e71a095
  4. I activated windows, my background has changed etc. but windows says I haven't activated it...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I activated windows, my background has changed etc. but windows says I haven't activated it...: around 3 months ago I got my computer, and having issues custom built pc activating windows going to windows support, where it was eventually worked out. now one day I was having some different tech issues, reinstalling windows, signing on to my account to the fixed problem,...
  5. I have the "Activate Windows" watermark even though I have activated windows.

I have the "Activate Windows" watermark even though I have activated windows.: I activated windows on this PC around 4 years ago, and I've had this watermark for a few months now. I have attempted troubleshooting the problem without any results. I brought the question to reddit, where I was directed to Microsoft support, which also didn't help me. When...
  6. Windows says "Activate Windows," even though it already is.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows says "Activate Windows," even though it already is.: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/99iuzavakuw51.png?width=316&format=png&auto=webp&s=8a75fa5bc759a340ea8727a285a78d6fccdc9107 submitted by /u/buddieminceraft [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows won't activate because it's activated on other devices even though it's not

Windows won't activate because it's activated on other devices even though it's not: My windows 10 key won't work even though it's not activated on any other computer, is this an issue because my old computer is not up to date, or another issue?...
  8. Activating windows even though it came activated?

Activating windows even though it came activated?: This is a very strange question, I know. About a year and a half ago I upgraded to an SSD to get my games to run faster, and had my friend install it for me. Tonight, I went to go update some settings and realized it said "You need to activate Windows before you can...
  9. Windows 10 keeps asking to be activated even though already activated

Windows 10 keeps asking to be activated even though already activated: Maybe a week or two ago my windows started showing the "Activate windows" watermark. In the settings it said I was already activated. Even so I acquired my licence code through the cmd window, clicked "change product code" and typed it in. This fixed the issue for a little...
  10. Windows 10 saying i haven't activated it

Windows 10 saying i haven't activated it: So, recently, my browsers stopped working (infinite loading to sites), i couldn't sign in to my Microsoft account, and started saying i hadn't activated windows(I have a legitimate windows 10 code, and it wouldn't let me re-enter it.). This leaded me to doing a fresh install...