Windows 10: Windows says my display isn't compatible - but it meets their specs

Discus and support Windows says my display isn't compatible - but it meets their specs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The W10 compatibility test says that my graphics card - an ATI Radeon Xpress 200 - is not compatible with Windows 10, but I think it should be - it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by David2cv, Aug 5, 2015.

1. David2cv Win User

Windows says my display isn't compatible - but it meets their specs

The W10 compatibility test says that my graphics card - an ATI Radeon Xpress 200 - is not compatible with Windows 10, but I think it should be - it meets their minimum requirements of DirectX 9 with WDDM 1.0. Any suggestions/ideas please? Cetrtainly the graphics on my current Windows 7 OS seem fine.

:)

David2cv, Aug 5, 2015

2. CPU inadequate for Win 10 upgrade?

This is a Microsoft issue... it is there spec and they are the ones saying it isn't adequate. Why isn't this CPU adequate since it meets their spec?

Deep6Diver, Aug 5, 2015
  3. windows phone 7 on lg kp501

It doesn't. WP isn't available to just install on any old phone. It is licensed by MS to manufacturers to install on handsets designed for it.

Not to say that folks haven't worked it onto systems outside the normal channels, but you would have to start with a phone that meets at least the minimum specs. The 240 x 400 display kills it for the kp501.

Sven Johannsen, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

I'd try and see what happens. Definitely do an image backup first so you can restore back to Windows 7 if there are problems.

Ztruker, Aug 5, 2015
  5. David2cv Win User
    Many thanks for the reply, but I'm afraid I didn't make my problem clear - after telling me my card wasn't suitable it just wouldn't let me proceed with the installation. Any idea how I can MAKE it install Windows 10?

David2cv, Aug 5, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    Are you trying to install Win 10 from the GWX (get Windows 10) offer? I believe that the Media Creation Tool:

Windows 10

may not do the same checks. I think that the latest drivers available for the card are WDDM 1.0 (Vista) drivers, but that should, in principle, be OK.

Let us know how well that works for you.

bobkn, Aug 5, 2015
  7. David2cv Win User
    Thanks - yes I was: will give it a go asap and let you know!

David2cv, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows says my display isn't compatible - but it meets their specs - Similar Threads - says display isn't

2. How to fix Nvidia saying this NVidia driver isn't compatible with this version of windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Nvidia saying this NVidia driver isn't compatible with this version of windows?: Device name DESKTOP-F7JACG7 Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-11400F @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB 31.7 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display...
  3. How to fix Nvidia saying this NVidia driver isn't compatible with this version of windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix Nvidia saying this NVidia driver isn't compatible with this version of windows?: Device name DESKTOP-F7JACG7 Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-11400F @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB 31.7 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display...
  4. Bluetooth suddenly disappears from my computer and says it isn't compatible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth suddenly disappears from my computer and says it isn't compatible: I have Bluetooth headphones that I've been using for the past year now. Today, they wouldn't connect. I went to Bluetooth settings and it said Bluetooth was turned off. There was no option to turn it back on. I opened Device Manager to reset the drivers, and the drivers for...
  5. Bluetooth suddenly disappears from my computer and says it isn't compatible

Bluetooth suddenly disappears from my computer and says it isn't compatible: I have Bluetooth headphones that I've been using for the past year now. Today, they wouldn't connect. I went to Bluetooth settings and it said Bluetooth was turned off. There was no option to turn it back on. I opened Device Manager to reset the drivers, and the drivers for...
  6. Bluetooth suddenly disappears from my computer and says it isn't compatible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. windows mixed reality says my cpu isn't compatible but it meats the requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows mixed reality says my cpu isn't compatible but it meats the requirements: ok ill keep this short, i have an i7 960 but mixed reality portal said that its not compatible even though its better than an i5. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mixed-reality-says-my-cpu-isnt-compatible/c96196ed-bc6b-4f6f-bbfb-0e04fc57bbb9
  8. windows mixed reality says my cpu isn't compatible but it meats the requirements

windows mixed reality says my cpu isn't compatible but it meats the requirements: ok ill keep this short, i have an i7 960 but mixed reality portal said that its not compatible even though its better than an i5. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mixed-reality-says-my-cpu-isnt-compatible/c96196ed-bc6b-4f6f-bbfb-0e04fc57bbb9
  9. Health Check Says PC is Compatible for Windows 11 Update, but Isn't in the Settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Health Check Says PC is Compatible for Windows 11 Update, but Isn't in the Settings?: I am trying to update from Windows 10 to 11 but my pc "doesn't meet requirements."I downloaded the Health Check App and checked it, said it was not compatibleI then went in and enabled my TPM, Health checked it again and it says my pc is not okay to download the Windows 11....
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade Tool says "Display is not compatible"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade Tool says "Display is not compatible": I wanted to upgrade Windows 10 November Update to Anniversary Update. I ran the Windows 10 Upgrade Tool and it said "Display is not compatible" Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics Direct X 12 1st Monitor: 1920x1080 2nd Monitor: 1360x768 Thank you! 58781