Windows 10: Windows says no internet access when computer is on-line, can't update or troubleshoot

Discus and support Windows says no internet access when computer is on-line, can't update or troubleshoot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As far as I can tell all of my applications, including Edge, can access the internet without a problem, in fact I'm using the computer to post this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by schwarzhund, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Windows says no internet access when computer is on-line, can't update or troubleshoot

As far as I can tell all of my applications, including Edge, can access the internet without a problem, in fact I'm using the computer to post this right now, but Windows says there's "no internet access." Every so often it disconnects from the net apparently on its own for no reason, saying that action is required to connect to my network. When I click to connect to the network again it goes back on-line and brings up the msn homepage but still says "no internet access." To be clear, I'm able to use the internet normally despite what it says.

Possibly related issue is that Windows Update doesn't seem to work. It's able to check for updates but won't download or install anything. All the updates just say "Pending download" and nothing happens. I've tried using the troubleshooter for the network center as well as Windows Update, and it tells me to "Complete the logon process," giving me an option to "Show me where I can do the above task." When I click on that it opens a browser window to microsoft.com with no further explanation. When I go to the next step in the troubleshooter it tells me to "sign up with with this network's ISP to get access to the internet."

:)

schwarzhund, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

PC says I have internet access but still no internet in praxis

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

• Have you installed all pending Windows and Network adaptor driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message? If yes share the exact and complete error message?

As an initial troubleshooting step I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and Network adaptor updates.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Please refer to the following Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa
    on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

If the issue still persists follow the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix network connection issues.

These steps are applicable to Ethernet and WIFI connection issues. Do let us know if you are able to use internet.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 4, 2020
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Windows says no internet access when computer is on-line, can't update or troubleshoot

Unable to access internet

Original Title: Internet access

Hi Greg,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10. I understand the frustration to wait for something and it is taking a long time.

I would suggest you to perform an Internet troubleshooter by following the steps below.

• Click on start and type ‘troubleshooting’ and press enter.
    • Click on ‘View all’ on top left corner.
    • Select ‘Internet Connections’ in the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, check if the issue persists by connecting to a different network.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write is back for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows says no internet access when computer is on-line, can't update or troubleshoot

1. Windows says no internet access when computer is on-line, can't update or troubleshoot - Similar Threads - says internet access

2. Windows 11 shows internet access and no issues troubleshooting, but no internet connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 shows internet access and no issues troubleshooting, but no internet connection.: I have no idea what the problem is. I was just playing games last night, hit alt f4 to close the game and lost internet connection. Since then I’ve tried restarting the modem, restarting the computer, turning it off and going to work, coming back trying that again. Only...
  3. After windows update it says connected with internet access but can't browse

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After windows update it says connected with internet access but can't browse: I just installed an update on my Surface Laptop 2 and immediately after I was able to connect to the internet, however no web pages work. The WiFi says connected with internet access and internet works on every other device but it is not working on my laptop. I have never had...
  4. Windows says "No Internet Access" but I have Internet Access

Windows says "No Internet Access" but I have Internet Access: For around 2 days I have been having this issue where apparently I do not have internet access, but I do have internet access. [ATTACH] It is usually stuck like this for 20 minutes then figures out that it can connect to the internet.Running the troubleshooter just provides...
  5. Wifi says "No Internet Access"

Wifi says "No Internet Access": Wifi on my computer says "No Internet Access" but it works fine when I use google. This is a problem because I cant use other apps that require wifi because it thinks I dont have a connection. I had the same problem a few days ago and I thought I fixed it by updating my...
  6. Windows 10 Says there's no Internet access, but there is...

Windows 10 Says there's no Internet access, but there is...: Hi, Since May 2020 update the probing says there's no internet access when there is in one of my PC's This is causing UWP apps. to don't install, update, run or sync because Windows believes there's no internet connectivity... Before helping understand: -Re-install is...
  7. Windows 10 says no internet access - when there is internet and it is accessible.

Windows 10 says no internet access - when there is internet and it is accessible.: Good day all - we recently started getting users all W10 with the "No internet access" message in the network icon - internet works fine in fact, but, o365 doesnt like the fact that windows doesnt think there is internet. i have yet to find a solution, anyone know a fix? i...
  8. internet works, but icon says no internet access

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    internet works, but icon says no internet access: My internet/wifi is working properly, but the network icon has that round symbol that means "no internet access". The problem is that Microsoft Store thinks I don't have internet connection, so it won't let me download apps. I know the problem is not with my wifi, because...
  9. Computer says not connected to internet when I'm connected to internet

Computer says not connected to internet when I'm connected to internet: I am currently connected through Ethernet and am able to access the internet and any other programs that require the internet. My computer says that I'm "Connected" through Ethernet, but the icon shows that it isn't connected. It also says it isn't connected in the "Network &...
  10. Can't access internet

Can't access internet: I can't access email or websites - keep getting the message "a problem with this webpage caused internet explorer to close & reopen this tab". I'm using Windows 10, version 1803 & all updates are automatic & current. If I persist, opening duplicate tabs, I can sometimes open...