Windows 10: Windows says "no permissions" even though I have full permissions

Discus and support Windows says "no permissions" even though I have full permissions in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi guys! I have an external drive with a lot of files (about 2,000,000 files). For about 500 of them (which are all located in sub-folders of the same... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by emilio911, Jul 10, 2019.

1. emilio911 Win User

Windows says "no permissions" even though I have full permissions

Hi guys!

I have an external drive with a lot of files (about 2,000,000 files). For about 500 of them (which are all located in sub-folders of the same folder), Windows 10 says I don't have the permissions to access the files no matter which application I use to try to open them.

For example:

Windows says "no permissions" even though I have full permissions [​IMG]

I checked that I'm the owner of the files and that I have full read/write permissions.

Windows says "no permissions" even though I have full permissions [​IMG]

Not sure how to fix this?

:)

emilio911, Jul 10, 2019
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, Jul 10, 2019
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Windows says "no permissions" even though I have full permissions

cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows says "no permissions" even though I have full permissions

1. Windows says "no permissions" even though I have full permissions - Similar Threads - says permissions though

2. Can't take ownership of a folder even though effective access says I have permissions to do it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't take ownership of a folder even though effective access says I have permissions to do it: I'm trying to access C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans but it denies me access telling me that I need to use the security tab to gain access. But when I try to change permissions in the security tab the "Change" button is greyed out. In the Effective Access tab...
  3. Can't take ownership of a folder even though effective access says I have permissions to do it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't take ownership of a folder even though effective access says I have permissions to do it: I'm trying to access C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans but it denies me access telling me that I need to use the security tab to gain access. But when I try to change permissions in the security tab the "Change" button is greyed out. In the Effective Access tab...
  4. Can't take ownership of a folder even though effective access says I have permissions to do it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Access denied to altering folder even though I have ALL permissions

Access denied to altering folder even though I have ALL permissions: I am unable to create, delete, paste, or move anything to or involving the "skin_packs" folder. C: > Program Files > WindowsApps > Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_1.18.2.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe > data > skin_packs I am aware that the "WindowsApps" folder is restricted because tampering...
  6. Access denied to altering folder even though I have ALL permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied to altering folder even though I have ALL permissions: I am unable to create, delete, paste, or move anything to or involving the "skin_packs" folder. C: > Program Files > WindowsApps > Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_1.18.2.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe > data > skin_packs I am aware that the "WindowsApps" folder is restricted because tampering...
  7. Access denied to altering folder even though I have ALL permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I don't have permission to move files even though im the admin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don't have permission to move files even though im the admin: It started happening around when I changed my computer account from local to microsoft account. I tried making me the owner of the folder which seems to work for other people but it did not work for me, and it actually seems like the more I try to solve the issue the less...
  9. Should "Everyone" have full permissions ?

Should "Everyone" have full permissions ?: Hello, I am having some trouble understanding network share permissions. I think I screwed by default settings up. I want to give read-only access to a folder so my family members can access my photos, videos etc on the LAN. I don't want to give write permissions for...
  10. File says it's read only, even though permissions are set to full-control

File says it's read only, even though permissions are set to full-control: Hi, I"m trying to clear out the properties on some photos & video files, but I'm getting the error message "This item is read-only. It cannot be modified." The permissions were set to "read & execute" & "read." Even after I modified every group and user to have full...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. full permissions but says i do not have permissions