Windows 10: Windows says not connected, but i have internet.

Discus and support Windows says not connected, but i have internet. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I use a dsl pppoe connection to access internet. [ATTACH][ATTACH] But recently I discovered I can not access ms store or other metro apps. Even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mohammad Ullah Zisan, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Windows says not connected, but i have internet.

So I use a dsl pppoe connection to access internet.

Windows says not connected, but i have internet. 87aef43e-30ba-4254-bbcb-4ddf19661371?upload=true.png Windows says not connected, but i have internet. b615e0d5-354f-4b9c-9402-5258c2765f69?upload=true.png

But recently I discovered I can not access ms store or other metro apps. Even windows update is showing error.

Windows says not connected, but i have internet. ee2dc88d-f57e-41d8-a906-9442b3760062?upload=true.png

Then when I check my settings it says not connected. Even though I am connected to the internet.

Windows says not connected, but i have internet. f3cb57c4-944a-46a5-a2dc-522528a42457?upload=true.png

I searched it on the internet and did everything those posts suggested me but no luck. Then I reset my pc by selecting keep personal files only. But it didn't solve the problem. I am kinda desperate here. Please help.

:)

Mohammad Ullah Zisan, Feb 20, 2019

2. Cant get Cortana to work, says it's not connected to the internet.

Hello ,

Your question on Microsoft Community has received a reply from Joy Kemprai.

Title:
    Cant get Cortana To work

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are facing currently, and we in Community will try to resolve your issue the best way we can.

Before I can provide you any assistance, I would like you to answer the question below:

1. Do you that an un-interrupted internet connection?

2. Is your web browser working properly?

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if the issue persist:

Step 1: Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.
    Step 2: Run Internet Troubleshooter.

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions.
    Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

I have done all the above and have a 50mbps connection. Help. Thank You

John Schaus, Feb 20, 2019
  3. 3mptylord Win User
    Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But...

I've tried unselecting the option but I didn't fix the issue - nor could I see why it would.

The following things connect to the internet fine:
    • Microsoft Edge (new IE)
    • Chrome
    • Steam's browser and Steam multiplayer games
    • League of Legends launcher, patcher, PVP.net and game client
    • Battle.net
    • Pretty much everything
    What doesn't work:

• Network Center (says I'm not connected)
    • Windows Live Mail (logging in)
    • Outlook (logging in)
    • Notepad 8 (logging in)
    • User Accounts (logging in)
    The issue seems to affect any Microsoft product that tries to connect to Live.

3mptylord, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Windows says not connected, but i have internet.

Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows says not connected, but i have internet.

1. Windows says not connected, but i have internet. - Similar Threads - says connected internet

2. Windows 11 says I have no internet connection- except I do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 says I have no internet connection- except I do.: Hi, noticed this problem occurring sometime in November. I have a working internet connection, both wireless and Ethernet. Both adapters have updated drivers. I am able to connect to any webpage, steam, other online applications with no issue, but the windows network tray and...
  3. Windows connected with internet but saying no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows connected with internet but saying no internet: Adam good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-connected-with-internet-but-saying-no/9224e082-664a-47e0-88c2-0508a6562e59
  4. Windows connected with internet but saying no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows connected with internet but saying no internet: Adam good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-connected-with-internet-but-saying-no/9224e082-664a-47e0-88c2-0508a6562e59
  5. Windows says I have no internet connection, but I do.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows says I have no internet connection, but I do.: I am running windows 10 home version 1909. My icon in the taskbar shows no internet access, but I can use it just fine. I saw here...
  6. Windows 10 says I have no internet connection even though there is.

Windows 10 says I have no internet connection even though there is.: I am using Windows 10. Recently, my wireless network has been unable to detect internet even though I can still go online. Everything on the browser still works and i can still surf the net. However, apps that runs at the background and microsoft products that rely on the...
  7. Computer says no internet but I have internet?

Computer says no internet but I have internet?: Hello, I am having an issue with my desktop computer. It's running the latest version of Windows 10 in conjunction with an internet connection via ethernet cable and OpenVPN. When I am not connected to the VPN, the computer correctly recognizes that I have an internet...
  8. My Wi-Fi says I don't have any internet connection but I have internet connection after...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Wi-Fi says I don't have any internet connection but I have internet connection after...: [ATTACH] My Wi-Fi icon displays no internet connection but my connection is works fine i can open internet, play games and download. But the wi-fi still says that I don't have internet connection. How do i fix this? it kinda annoying for me....
  9. Windows 10 says I have no internet connection, but I have.

Windows 10 says I have no internet connection, but I have.: I am running on Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 2004, OS Build 19041.264. I recently changed to the Windows Insider Program and updated Windows. In the taskbar, the Wi-Fi icon shows No Internet Access, but I have a stable internet connection wirelessly Ex: I can browse the...
  10. Microsoft says "no internet" but I have internet

Microsoft says "no internet" but I have internet: This has been going on for months at this point. Whenever I log into our desk top computer, my Microsoft account says it needs attention and for me to log in. When I click on the grey notification box in the lower right corner, it takes me to the menu where I click to log in...