Windows 10: windows says product key is invalid

Discus and support windows says product key is invalid in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I put a new hard drive in a win7 computer and used a jump drive copy of win10... I knew I'd need a new product key (I don't even know what the win7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lVOdysseylV, Jun 3, 2019.

1. windows says product key is invalid

I put a new hard drive in a win7 computer and used a jump drive copy of win10... I knew I'd need a new product key (I don't even know what the win7 key was). I bought a key from my wife's college (cuz it was free with her edu email).. Now windows says it's an invalid product key? The key is for win10 student...

:)

lVOdysseylV, Jun 3, 2019
  2. #Tabs1985 Win User

Invalid Product Key

I've done all this but when I enter the product key it says it's invalid. Why would that be? How do I fix that?

#Tabs1985, Jun 3, 2019
  3. product key is invalid

I have Reserve Windows 10 icon and I reserved my copy . I also have iso file for Win 10 . When I try to install using it , it says that my product key is invalid. can u help with that?
    p.s. My windows 7 is activated.

Udhayakumar12, Jun 3, 2019
  4. #Tabs1985 Win User

windows says product key is invalid

Invalid Product Key

I had to completely wipe my laptop and was sent a recovery disk for Windows 7 when I gave them my product key code, however, when I try to activate it, it says it's invalid. I am typing the same code on the bottom of the computer and it won't work.

Please help. Thanks.

#Tabs1985, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

windows says product key is invalid

1. windows says product key is invalid - Similar Threads - says product key

2. Microsoft Flight Simulator Gold edition - Says "Invalid Product Key"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Gold edition - Says "Invalid Product Key": Hi, I have a Microsoft Flight Simulator Gold edition. I am trying to activate the product after installing it on my PC however the message says "Invalid Product Key" . This has never happened before as I have this boxed edition for almost 7-10 years. What Can i Do now?...
  3. Microsoft Flight Simulator Gold edition - Says "Invalid Product Key"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Gold edition - Says "Invalid Product Key": Hi, I have a Microsoft Flight Simulator Gold edition. I am trying to activate the product after installing it on my PC however the message says "Invalid Product Key" . This has never happened before as I have this boxed edition for almost 7-10 years. What Can i Do now?...
  4. Windows 11 Product Key is said to be invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Product Key is said to be invalid: I got a new computer was a gift a few weeks ago, and finally went to use Excel, and it asked me to login or type in a product key to activate it. I'd not even thought about it not being activated when I got it. Anyway, went to the command prompt to find the product key and...
  5. Windows 11 Product Key is said to be invalid

Windows 11 Product Key is said to be invalid: I got a new computer was a gift a few weeks ago, and finally went to use Excel, and it asked me to login or type in a product key to activate it. I'd not even thought about it not being activated when I got it. Anyway, went to the command prompt to find the product key and...
  6. Windows 7 product key invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 product key invalid: Hello, I have a purchased copy of Windows 7 Home Premium.I am the only one who bought, opened and used the installation disks, which is a pack of the 32 bit and 64 bit disks.My system was originally installed with 32 bit Windows 7 because when I got it used, it had a failed...
  7. Windows 7 product key invalid

Windows 7 product key invalid: Hello, I have a purchased copy of Windows 7 Home Premium.I am the only one who bought, opened and used the installation disks, which is a pack of the 32 bit and 64 bit disks.My system was originally installed with 32 bit Windows 7 because when I got it used, it had a failed...
  8. Why my production key invalid?

Why my production key invalid?: why my product key is invalid, i had tried another code in google KMS, also invalid. I am sure my windows is original since this included with the laptop. FYI my windows type always changing. Now my windows is 11 pro education, later can be 11 pro, later can be 11 pro N, and...
  9. Invalid Product Key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Invalid Product Key: I was experimenting if I can install windows 8.1 on my old computer for nostalgic purposes. I have 2 product keys I was able to recover from the command prompt and third party programs. I then installed windows 8.1 iso to my usb and when I attempted to type both product keys...
  10. Windows Pro to Home - Invalid Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Pro to Home - Invalid Product Key: I recently purchased a license of windows 10 home. Following the purchase, I received an email containing a link of an installer which downloads windows setup. The problem I’m facing is that the installer downloads windows 10 professional setup while my license is for home...