Windows 10: Windows says that my headphones and speakers are the same input!

Discus and support Windows says that my headphones and speakers are the same input! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have my headphones and speakers, my headphones are plugged into the front ports, and my speakers are plugged into the back. When I got to sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Finn VanderVegte, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Windows says that my headphones and speakers are the same input!

I have my headphones and speakers, my headphones are plugged into the front ports, and my speakers are plugged into the back. When I got to sound settings the playback device is just called speakers, and when I unplug either the headphones or speakers, the other one starts to play. It says that the headphones and speakers are the same device, please help!

Windows says that my headphones and speakers are the same input! 2534cdcb-a3fe-40c7-843e-73b8c1d944cd?upload=true.png

:)

Finn VanderVegte, Jun 29, 2019
  2. Ivy Mun Win User

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Jun 29, 2019
  4. txstoby Win User

Windows says that my headphones and speakers are the same input!

Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in.

txstoby, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows says that my headphones and speakers are the same input!

1. Windows says that my headphones and speakers are the same input! - Similar Threads - says headphones speakers

2. Speakers and headphones grouped as the same thing by Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers and headphones grouped as the same thing by Windows.: As written above my speakers and headphones are grouped as the same thing by Windows. This is the reason why if I unplug my headphone cord, play a sound and then plug my headphones in again the sound is still playing on the speakers. I do know how to get on my headphones I...
  3. Speakers and headphones grouped as the same thing by Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speakers and headphones grouped as the same thing by Windows.: As written above my speakers and headphones are grouped as the same thing by Windows. This is the reason why if I unplug my headphone cord, play a sound and then plug my headphones in again the sound is still playing on the speakers. I do know how to get on my headphones I...
  4. Speakers and headphones grouped as the same thing by Windows.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. PC recognizes speakers and headphones as same device

PC recognizes speakers and headphones as same device: Hi there, It's been a while I've got this issue and never wanted to go through it until today. The problem is that my audio keeps playing from one device at time. I've got my speakers plugged rear jack+USB in and headphones front jack as well. Windows recognizes them as one...
  6. Windows 10 - Use speakers and headphones at the same time

Windows 10 - Use speakers and headphones at the same time: Is there a way to have both speakers and headphones active at the same time? Have a Dell Alienware. Windows 10 Pro version 1909. Bose Computer Monitor Speakers & Beoplay H4, Bluetooth, headphones. All drivers, from what I can see, are the latest. Problem: I can have either...
  7. Headphones and speakers considered the same device.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones and speakers considered the same device.: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/ug82cbczuwk41.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=1a287333edbf70185411f2e7e7e0de31dea5b07c For some odd reason both headphones and laptop speakers are being recognised as the same device. How do I sort them out as two separate devices...
  8. My computer thinks the speakers and the headphones are the same thing.

My computer thinks the speakers and the headphones are the same thing.: Windows 10 home, 64-bit. Starting yesterday the sound on my desktop has been acting wierd. I always have my desktop with the speakers plugged in at the jack at the back and my headphones out the front. I can easily switch between the two by going to my sound options at the...
  9. Headphones and speakers playing at the same time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Headphones and speakers playing at the same time: Yesterday i was trying to fix an issue with microphone echo on my new lenovo laptop which led to me reintalling my audio drivers after this both my speakers and headphones are playing at the same time. my headphones are not showing up in playback devices or recording devices...
  10. Using headphones and speakers at the same time.

Using headphones and speakers at the same time.: I recently bought a new headset and desktop. I just tried out the headset and found it to be amazing, but I was wondering how I could get sound to go through both the headset and speakers on my speakers system. The desktop is in Windows 10, and it's a Lenovo, and I can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows says speaker an d not headphones

2. windows says speakers but i have headphones in

3. WINDOWS SAYS MY HEADSET ARE SPEAKERS