Windows 10: Windows Says WiFi Uses an Old Security Standard But WIFI DOES NOT

Discus and support Windows Says WiFi Uses an Old Security Standard But WIFI DOES NOT in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I install a new Windows 10 update, I am not able to connect to my WiFi anymore. Or if I turn on Airplane Mode and turn it off to go on WiFi.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by [Fleur], May 17, 2021.

1. [Fleur] Win User

Windows Says WiFi Uses an Old Security Standard But WIFI DOES NOT

Every time I install a new Windows 10 update, I am not able to connect to my WiFi anymore. Or if I turn on Airplane Mode and turn it off to go on WiFi. It gives me the message that my WiFi is using an old security standard. I proceed to connect anyway, and it says that it cannot connect. My WiFi is using WPA2-PSKAES. It is not old. I run troubleshooter and usually when it resets my network adapter, it fixes it. But today that didn't work, so I had to do a number of different things including doing a hard reset of adapters which restarted the computer, re-entering it in "Mana

:)

[Fleur], May 17, 2021
  2. VIC
    Vic Win User

Windows 7 virtual wifi authentication mode

Hello.

Just a quick question to whoever is using windows 7 virtual wifi capability - when you type in "netsh wlan show hostednetwork", cmd window displays a list of settings for your hosted virtual wifi.

I was wondering, is there a way to change authentication method from WPA2-Personal to simple WEP ?

Cheers.

3. Mussels Win User
    Using spare Router as Wifi Adapter

your router needs to support repeater, WDS, or wifi client modes.

if the router doesnt support it, i wouldnt bother trying to make it work - the old wifi repeater modes really sucked (only worked with WEP security, for example)

Mussels, May 17, 2021
  4. NTM2003 Win User

Wifi names

I was wondering can you put anything as a wifi name for example I wanted to put CIA-outpost-#### random number is that illegal? I've seen FBI surveillance van 006 before on my list of wifi names I can pick up.

NTM2003, May 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Says WiFi Uses an Old Security Standard But WIFI DOES NOT - Similar Threads - Says WiFi Uses

2. It says 'No internet, secured' but I am still able to use WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It says 'No internet, secured' but I am still able to use WiFi: On my internet panel on the bottom right, it says I have no internet but I am still able to use it. Other devices can use the wifi perfectly fine, but now my computer is much slower online. Microsoft apps do not open now, saying that I have no internet. This happened suddenly...
  3. It says 'No internet, secured' but I am still able to use WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It says 'No internet, secured' but I am still able to use WiFi: On my internet panel on the bottom right, it says I have no internet but I am still able to use it. Other devices can use the wifi perfectly fine, but now my computer is much slower online. Microsoft apps do not open now, saying that I have no internet. This happened suddenly...
  4. It says 'No internet, secured' but I am still able to use WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WiFi Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WiFi Security: I'm running Windows 10. I'm using a DLink DIR-1935 Router for WiFi. This router has a default security protocol setting of "WPA/WPA-Personal", which translates to WPATPIK and WPA2AES. DLink has explained to me that both protocols are on at the same time or are at least...
  6. Wifi security

Wifi security: I keep getting prompted by Microsoft that my wifi network security is an older version that is not safe. I have WPA-2 security, which, as I understand, is one of the newer, safe versions. Why am I getting this prompt?...
  7. Wifi is working but says 'No internet,secured'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi is working but says 'No internet,secured': My internet connection is working but the wifi icon says'No internet secured'.Following things have been tried by me: 1Using netsh int ip reset 2using ipconfig/release ,ipconfig/flushdns,ipconfig/renew 3using nbtstat -RR 4Disabling Battery Saver Mode 5Uninstalling the...
  8. WiFi just keeps saying “No internet, secured”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi just keeps saying “No internet, secured”: I have been dealing with this so much and I just wanna like die right now. I have followed literally every tutorial on the Internet up to google page search number 10 so giving me links to do will most likely not help. submitted by /u/EatBullets [link] [comments]...
  9. securing wifi

securing wifi: who is using my wifi? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/securing-wifi/3f961a92-a282-40d7-937e-90595122fb6e"
  10. VPN and Security using Public WiFi

VPN and Security using Public WiFi: Since all of the higher rated VPN's use good encryption methods, I was wondering, if you are already on a secure website does adding a VPN fully protect your traffic from snoopers? Thanks. 123977