Windows 10: Windows Scan App Crashes

Discus and support Windows Scan App Crashes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Community, I have a scanner installer on Windows PC, Win10 Pro, Version 2004 19041.867 when I try to scan from Windows Scan App ScanApp.exe, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Roshni_Aithal, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Windows Scan App Crashes

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]Hello Community,[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]I have a scanner installer on Windows PC, Win10 Pro, Version 2004 19041.867
    when I try to scan from Windows Scan App ScanApp.exe, it crashes . Event log says ScanApp.exe failed with Event ID :1000 Source:Application Error , Task Category: Application Crashing Events. In the dump log, 'The thread tried to read from or write to the virtual address for which it does not have appropriate access.' is logged.
    I am able to scan from Windows Fax & Scan and other third party application for the same scanner.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]Is this issue with Windows Scan App or OS version ?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]Best Regards,
    Roshini[/COLOR]

:)

Roshni_Aithal, Apr 1, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 1, 2021
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Apr 1, 2021
  4. ben201 Win User

Windows Scan App Crashes

Windows Photos App crashes

So since today my Photos App is crashing as soon as i open it. It goes into a blackscreen for about 2-3 Seconds and than crashes.

Information about the error:
    This Crash is generating chrash dumps that contain the error code 0xC0000602 in module mrt100_app.dll or 0xc000027b in module twinapi.appcore.dll.

I found two intresting facts about the error:
    - If I try a system restore to a point created 3 days ago, the App starts working again. A few minutes after using the system, the app starts crashing again.
    - I created a new local account and the app does seem to work on that new account until now.

Steps I have tried:
    - Reinstall Photos app by uninstalling it using Powershell and rerisntalling it - did not change anything
    - Reregister the App - did not change anything
    - Scan the System with sfc and dism - no errors
    - Use System resstore - see above, did only work for a few minutes.

Microsoft Support suggested reinstalling Windows, but I do non really want to reinstall the whole system just because one app is not working...

ben201, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

Windows Scan App Crashes

1. Windows Scan App Crashes - Similar Threads - Scan App Crashes

2. Why does the Windows Scan App keep crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the Windows Scan App keep crashing?: I just installed the Windows Scan App on 2 computers for 2 coworkers and every time the app opens it crashes. Sometimes it will allow me to open the app but won't see the printer/scanner. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I have tried to repair and reset. I made...
  3. Why does the Windows Scan App keep crashing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does the Windows Scan App keep crashing?: I just installed the Windows Scan App on 2 computers for 2 coworkers and every time the app opens it crashes. Sometimes it will allow me to open the app but won't see the printer/scanner. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I have tried to repair and reset. I made...
  4. windows scan app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows scan app: How can I scan more pages to one pdf with the the windows scan app ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-scan-app/414afdf2-ccea-406c-89b7-b89bd2a7855f
  5. windows scan app

windows scan app: How can I scan more pages to one pdf with the the windows scan app ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-scan-app/414afdf2-ccea-406c-89b7-b89bd2a7855f
  6. Windows Scan app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Scan app: When I upgraded to W11 I discovered the Windows Scan app could not access the scanner section of my HP MFP Deskjet 2720. I've reverted to W10 as I don't think I'm missing much. Is there any likelihood that the Scan app might be fixed by an update before W10 is no longer...
  7. Windows Scan app

Windows Scan app: When I upgraded to W11 I discovered the Windows Scan app could not access the scanner section of my HP MFP Deskjet 2720. I've reverted to W10 as I don't think I'm missing much. Is there any likelihood that the Scan app might be fixed by an update before W10 is no longer...
  8. Windows Scanning App

Windows Scanning App: I have a Brother MFC-J4710 and the Microsoft Scan App works fine, however my Fujitsu FI-6130 does not error. I can scan with other programs, such as Windows Scan & Fax. Any suggestions?...
  9. Windows Scan App

Windows Scan App: When using windows scan app, when i try to scan multiple pages to PDF format the first time trying gives me an error on the screen: Something went wrong, please try again. When I try the second time it seems to work but as the IT Manager for 30 locations this is becoming a...
  10. windows scan app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows scan app: I've tried everything I know to get the windows scan app to recognize my scanner but to no avail. HELP!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/windows-scan-app/6af58ce5-4bb3-47bf-802a-e9ee14fe26cf