Windows 10: windows scan app - error on first scan

Discus and support windows scan app - error on first scan in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have windows 10, and my scanner is Canon DR-M140. My scanner driver and software didn't contain a scanning app for scanning pdf files, so I had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JustMe9808, Dec 6, 2019.

1. windows scan app - error on first scan

I have windows 10, and my scanner is Canon DR-M140.

My scanner driver and software didn't contain a scanning app for scanning pdf files, so I had to DL one from the MS store. I installed the MS Scan App because I thought it would be the most compatible with my MS OS.

Every time I open the scanner app, the first page I scan causes an error "Something went wrong, please try again." Everything works fine after that first page. It only happens with the very first scan when I launch the app. Has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas or advice on how to correct it? The app works otherwise, but it is very frustrating for this same error to happen every time I want to use the app.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and I have tried different settings in the scanner app itself, but I can't find anything that won't cause the error. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

:)

JustMe9808, Dec 6, 2019

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Dec 6, 2019
  3. wiak Win User
    Error scanning a 2TB disk

Guess how long it takes to error scanning a 2TB disk!

just slided a Samsung EcoGreen F3 5400rpm 2TB harddrive into a hotswap bay and started error scan, so after a while i ended up with this time, btw am putting it in a quarantine for a while so only low important stuff will be on it so no important backups hehe

windows scan app - error on first scan Capture001181.jpg

here is a speedmap if anyone is interested

windows scan app - error on first scan Capture003.jpg

oooh fun fun fun! *Stick Out Tongue windows scan app - error on first scan :p

wiak, Dec 6, 2019
  4. windows scan app - error on first scan

Scan App

Hi Laura,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing issues using the Scan app on Windows 10. I will certainly help.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Run the Apps troubleshooter

Run the App troubleshooter to fix issues that may prevent app from working properly.

Click here to
    download and run the Apps troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check for the update

Go to Windows Store and check any updates
    available for the Scan App. If available, install the updates and see if the app work as expected.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

windows scan app - error on first scan

1. windows scan app - error on first scan - Similar Threads - scan app error

2. windows scan app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows scan app: How can I scan more pages to one pdf with the the windows scan app ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-scan-app/414afdf2-ccea-406c-89b7-b89bd2a7855f
  3. windows scan app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows scan app: How can I scan more pages to one pdf with the the windows scan app ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-scan-app/414afdf2-ccea-406c-89b7-b89bd2a7855f
  4. Windows Scanning App

Windows Scanning App: I have a Brother MFC-J4710 and the Microsoft Scan App works fine, however my Fujitsu FI-6130 does not error. I can scan with other programs, such as Windows Scan & Fax. Any suggestions?...
  5. Windows Scan App

Windows Scan App: When using windows scan app, when i try to scan multiple pages to PDF format the first time trying gives me an error on the screen: Something went wrong, please try again. When I try the second time it seems to work but as the IT Manager for 30 locations this is becoming a...
  6. Scan app

Scan app: The app only scans black and white. I am using a Kodak i1150 scanner. If I use the Kodak validation tool installed with the scanner drivers the scanner produces excellent color scans. When I use the Microsoft Scan application to scan to a PDF I can only get black and white...
  7. Scan app

Scan app: Scan won't recognize my Brother all in one MFC-7440N as a scanner, just a printer. I just got a new Dell laptop and I'm trying to use that app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-app/2249ec75-7897-4e6b-9392-3382b6f982cc
  8. Improve scans with 3D Scan App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Improve scans with 3D Scan App: I use a Kinect V2 on an MSI GP63 Leopard 8RE and I use 3D scan app and want to improve my scans. What settings and environment do I need to perform a good 3d scan?...
  9. windows scan app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows scan app: I've tried everything I know to get the windows scan app to recognize my scanner but to no avail. HELP!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/windows-scan-app/6af58ce5-4bb3-47bf-802a-e9ee14fe26cf
  10. First install eset auto scanning stuck/delay when first time scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    First install eset auto scanning stuck/delay when first time scan: after doing a clean install I installed eset. when the process of updating antivirus and scanning automatically after update it stuck in first time scanning automaticly when i see the scanner it stuck scanning on the office appclient it runs about 2 minutes+ and after that...