Windows 10: Windows Scan app issues

Discus and support Windows Scan app issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a HP Officejet 7300 all in one. I have it connected via ethernet cable. I have 2 Win 10 PC's connect to the network. I can print fine from both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BigPapaMax68, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Windows Scan app issues

I have a HP Officejet 7300 all in one. I have it connected via ethernet cable. I have 2 Win 10 PC's connect to the network. I can print fine from both PC's. I downloaded Windiws Scan App on both PC's and can only scan from 1 PC and the other says no scanner found. Now on the one it works on at first I had it connect via usb when I first set it up a few months ago then changed it over the ethernet a few weeks ago. Not sure if that matters because I installed the complete HP software/drivers disc on both PC's. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time

Charles

:)

BigPapaMax68, Sep 24, 2020

2. Scan App

Hi Laura,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing issues using the Scan app on Windows 10. I will certainly help.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Run the Apps troubleshooter

Run the App troubleshooter to fix issues that may prevent app from working properly.

Click here to
    download and run the Apps troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check for the update

Go to Windows Store and check any updates
    available for the Scan App. If available, install the updates and see if the app work as expected.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Scan app does not recognize my mulifunction device.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your hardware and devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

And also Run App trouble shooters from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Refer the link below for Scan app.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/scan-app-faq

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Windows Scan app issues

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows Scan app issues :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows Scan app issues

1. Windows Scan app issues - Similar Threads - Scan app issues

2. windows scan app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows scan app: How can I scan more pages to one pdf with the the windows scan app ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-scan-app/414afdf2-ccea-406c-89b7-b89bd2a7855f
  3. windows scan app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows scan app: How can I scan more pages to one pdf with the the windows scan app ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-scan-app/414afdf2-ccea-406c-89b7-b89bd2a7855f
  4. Windows Scan app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Scan app: When I upgraded to W11 I discovered the Windows Scan app could not access the scanner section of my HP MFP Deskjet 2720. I've reverted to W10 as I don't think I'm missing much. Is there any likelihood that the Scan app might be fixed by an update before W10 is no longer...
  5. Windows Scan app

Windows Scan app: When I upgraded to W11 I discovered the Windows Scan app could not access the scanner section of my HP MFP Deskjet 2720. I've reverted to W10 as I don't think I'm missing much. Is there any likelihood that the Scan app might be fixed by an update before W10 is no longer...
  6. scanning issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scanning issues: No matter what I do, when I scan a document it comes out as separated and individual documents and there's no option for scanning to a PDF. I've tried all settings.... Jpeg, Tiff, etc, I've never had this issue with my Mac!...
  7. Windows Scanning App

Windows Scanning App: I have a Brother MFC-J4710 and the Microsoft Scan App works fine, however my Fujitsu FI-6130 does not error. I can scan with other programs, such as Windows Scan & Fax. Any suggestions?...
  8. Windows Scan App

Windows Scan App: When using windows scan app, when i try to scan multiple pages to PDF format the first time trying gives me an error on the screen: Something went wrong, please try again. When I try the second time it seems to work but as the IT Manager for 30 locations this is becoming a...
  9. windows scan app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows scan app: I've tried everything I know to get the windows scan app to recognize my scanner but to no avail. HELP!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/windows-scan-app/6af58ce5-4bb3-47bf-802a-e9ee14fe26cf
  10. Scanning Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanning Issues: I have a Epson WF-3520 and it has been brilliant but all of a sudden it is scanning A4 in sections of 4 so I end up with sliced sections of the document. I have tried resetting the defaults but am having no luck fixing the issue. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated...