Windows 10: Windows Scan App Not Working

Discus and support Windows Scan App Not Working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently I've been having problems with the Windows Scan app and my Dell 1135n MFP printer/scanner. It will scan a document and then when it completes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dan O'Connell dan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Windows Scan App Not Working

Recently I've been having problems with the Windows Scan app and my Dell 1135n MFP printer/scanner. It will scan a document and then when it completes the scan it errors out on display or creating the scan file and I get this very obtuse error message with no explanation as to whether it is a memory error doubtful or disk write error or ??? Sometimes when I do the scan over it will work correctly but now I get this message every time.

I'm on the lastest version and update of windows, I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer drivers, I uninstalled and reinstalled the Windows Scan App and still same issue. My laptop has 16 GB RAM and ample HD space and is fairly new within a year old. I'm trying to scan to a PDF file. I've also tried lower resolution, and different color selections but all of the combinations produce this error.

Anyone having this problem? The Microsoft Tech wanted me to create a new profile and then transfer over everything to it and I'm not willing to do something so drastic when the error message is so obtuse. I'd rather find another scan app...

Windows Scan App Not Working 7845fa64-522d-4caa-88eb-012c258a7b7c?upload=true.png

:)

Dan O'Connell dan, Feb 23, 2020

2. Scan App

Hi Laura,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing issues using the Scan app on Windows 10. I will certainly help.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Run the Apps troubleshooter

Run the App troubleshooter to fix issues that may prevent app from working properly.

Click here to
    download and run the Apps troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check for the update

Go to Windows Store and check any updates
    available for the Scan App. If available, install the updates and see if the app work as expected.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Scan and Fax not working in Windows 10

Hi Sandy,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with scanning and fax issues on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if printer driver is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • When you say that "scan and fax not working", how exactly are you trying to scan and fax on Windows 10?

If you have tried to use Windows Scan and Fax app, then try to access it and check if you are able to scan documents.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. The type "Windows Fax and Scan" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Try to scan the copies of documents.

Also I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the below Microsoft Help Article about troubleshooting steps related to printer issues and check if it helps.

Fix printer problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Please get back to us with an update on scanning and fax issues, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Windows Scan App Not Working

scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows Scan App Not Working

1. Windows Scan App Not Working - Similar Threads - Scan App Working

2. Windows Scan App not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Scan App not working in Windows 10: I have a Canon MF110 multifunction device. It will not scan, but it used to. It is connected via a USB hub connected to my Dell WD19 dock, and it didn't work. I then connected it directly to the Dell 5420 laptop - same result. The Windows Scan utility doesn't work - I click...
  3. Windows Scan App not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Scan App not working in Windows 10: I have a Canon MF110 multifunction device. It will not scan, but it used to. It is connected via a USB hub connected to my Dell WD19 dock, and it didn't work. I then connected it directly to the Dell 5420 laptop - same result. The Windows Scan utility doesn't work - I click...
  4. Windows Scan App not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. windows scan app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows scan app: How can I scan more pages to one pdf with the the windows scan app ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-scan-app/414afdf2-ccea-406c-89b7-b89bd2a7855f
  6. Windows Scan app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Scan app not working: I go to scan something, and the scanner scans everything perfectly fine but the scan app from windows says"Problem scanning, there was a problem scanning please try again later"I have no idea what to do and need it to work, can anyone be of help please and thank you?...
  7. Windows Scan app not working

Windows Scan app not working: I go to scan something, and the scanner scans everything perfectly fine but the scan app from windows says"Problem scanning, there was a problem scanning please try again later"I have no idea what to do and need it to work, can anyone be of help please and thank you?...
  8. Scan App not Working

Scan App not Working: I changed printers and cannot change the printer to the new one. I have uninstalled the app and no luck. The drop down screens for printer, flatbed, and type of file do not even show up. Am attaching an image of the screen. Any help would be helpful as I have lots of...
  9. Windows Scan app not working

Windows Scan app not working: A few days ago i was scanning documents on my canon pixma MG2960 scanner, using the Windows scan app. It was working fine at first but a few documents in stopped scanning, since this instance the scanner still isn't working. I assume it's on the computer end and is an issue...
  10. windows scan app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows scan app: I've tried everything I know to get the windows scan app to recognize my scanner but to no avail. HELP!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/windows-scan-app/6af58ce5-4bb3-47bf-802a-e9ee14fe26cf