Windows 10: Windows Scan Application

Discus and support Windows Scan Application in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just installed the scan app but cannot discover how to select where to save my scans... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lucky's Dad, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Windows Scan Application

Just installed the scan app but cannot discover how to select where to save my scans

:)

Lucky's Dad, Sep 11, 2019

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Sep 11, 2019
  3. AArbuckle Win User
    Cannot open a scanned file for viewing in Windows Fax and Scan application

Windows build # is 15063.483

Yes, this has been an ongoing issue with Win10.

I'm not really interested in opening jpgs with MS Paint. I was citing it as an easy way to reproduce the issue with Fax and Scan.

To see it for yourself, follow these steps. Please, please, please, please try these simple steps on your system and let me know your experience.

• Set the default application for .jpg files to MS Paint
    • From a File Explorer window, double click on any jpg file. Paint opens properly.
    • Copy the .jpg file to your "%userprofile%\Documents\Scanned Documents" folder
    • Run the Windows Fax and Scan desktop app
    • Your jpg file should appear in the list of scanned documents, along with the preview at the bottom of the window
    • Double click on the jpg document to "view"

Do you get an message saying "Could not open document for viewing"?

If you get this error, why?

If Windows lets me choose a default app for a particular file type, why does a sanctioned Microsoft application not function correctly?

Why would Fax and Scan be the only desktop app in Windows that doesn't understand how to call ShellExecute()?

Again, I am NOT worried about MS Paint. I mentioned it because it is a simple way to reproduce the bug. I want to be able to open jpgs with Paint.Net (or another app) as the default application. This works fine in File Explorer. Heck, I can even type
    the name of a jpg file in a cmd window and Paint.Net opens.

But if I set the default app for jpgs to something other than Photos or Paint3D, Fax and Scan can't open it for viewing.

If your follow the steps I described above and are able to reproduce it on your system then please diagnose the problem there.

AArbuckle, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Windows Scan Application

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows Scan Application

1. Windows Scan Application - Similar Threads - Scan Application

2. Why does Defender Offline Scan take just seconds now? Does it even scan?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does Defender Offline Scan take just seconds now? Does it even scan?: Or has Windows Defender itself been affected by a malware? I had recently removed a GandCrab.AF ransomware after it had been "allowed". It did not affect my computer (may be). I removed it with an offline scan. It had affected some registry files. These days, offline scan...
  3. Brother MFC-L2750DW Printer scans but does not print anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother MFC-L2750DW Printer scans but does not print anymore: Hello, I purchased a new Brother printer about 4 months ago and it was working fine over my network at home, also from my android phone however i travel between offices and on the road regularly and i'm back at home and cannot print over my network, however using the...
  4. CPU at 100% Usage when using Full Scan in Windows Defender

CPU at 100% Usage when using Full Scan in Windows Defender: I'm trying to scan for viruses but every time I choose Full Scan or Custom Scan my C: Drive my CPU shoots up to 100% usage and overheats prompting the scan to stop or my PC shuts down. I used Core Temp during a scan and all cores are getting up to 100 degrees Celsius. I've...
  5. Cannot use Windows 10 Fax and Scan application - told I don't have "security permissions"...

Cannot use Windows 10 Fax and Scan application - told I don't have "security permissions"...: There is only one user account (myself) for this PC. I am the Administrator for the PC. So technically, I should have full access and control to all settings. However, when I try to access “Tools>Fax Settings” I am denied access with this message: "You do not have...
  6. Windows defender scan of our application.

Windows defender scan of our application.: Hi, I'm a developer in a project for private companies use. Our application connects to a server right after install. Recently we found an unknown PC in the list of connections which disconnects after a few minutes. It's located on Azure and by hostname & googling we've...
  7. SFC scan now errors not fixable, causes reference errors on applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC scan now errors not fixable, causes reference errors on applications: Hey so the following link is the CBS log file which it references. Application would cause a reference error which I'm assuming is a memory corruption problem and when certain high memory usage applications like videogames try to access it, it'll crash as there's nothing...
  8. how to configure scan application

how to configure scan application: how to configure scan application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-configure-scan-application/1f425985-6716-411a-a4f0-03cb8a140d67
  9. scan configure application

scan configure application: how to scan configure application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-configure-application/d38eb11c-271e-412e-be75-78a97d035f39
  10. Windows Defender Scan on launch application

Windows Defender Scan on launch application: Hi, so lately i've found that when launching a application windows defender does a full scan of all its files etc, not sure if this is exactly normal but when running apps with multiple files eg photoshop with presets fonts etc, it scans them all which not only makes it...