Windows 10: Windows Scan / Fax and Scan not Detecting SCX-4623FW network scanner

Discus and support Windows Scan / Fax and Scan not Detecting SCX-4623FW network scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a SCX-4623FW samsung fax/scan/printer on my network. It works perfectly... my device is not faulty. It has no issues being scanned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wayne Pearsall, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Windows Scan / Fax and Scan not Detecting SCX-4623FW network scanner

Hi there,

I have a SCX-4623FW samsung fax/scan/printer on my network. It works perfectly... my device is not faulty. It has no issues being scanned with third party apps such as "Scan2PDF" https://sourceforge.net/projects/scantopdf/ or even OpenOffice.

The full functions of this scanner work with these apps.

Windows Scan / Fax and Scan not Detecting SCX-4623FW network scanner 03cf472b-29ce-4b59-9b5f-1dd97ced9dde?upload=true.jpg

The scanner is on my network private 172.16 block

HOWEVER, the scanner is not detected by Windows Fax and Scan, or Windows Scan...

Windows Scan / Fax and Scan not Detecting SCX-4623FW network scanner 18c697fa-a865-4c98-99a5-49313dbb609e?upload=true.jpg

whats wrong with Windows apps that it fails to even see the twain driver, despite it being installed and functioning with other applications perfectly fine?

These faults are one of the reasons ive been using linux for so long. and I consider it to be a good reason to give up once again on Windows, but decided to give it a bash again for my kids...

This is a genuine Windows 10 Pro install. All drivers installed correctly and it happens with multiple systems which have Windows 10 installed [works fine on Windows 8 and my linux systems.].

:)

Wayne Pearsall, Jun 11, 2020

2. Scan Driver for SCX-4200

Hi,

I have purchased a new PC with Windows 10 and cannot find a workable Scan Driver for my SCX-4200 Printer/Scanner. The universal Print Driver I could download and it works.

Regards, Reinhard

ReinhardGehrmann, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Scott Win User
    Printer/Scanner over Network: Windows sees it for printing, but not for scanning

I set up my SCX-4623 Samsung printer by plugging the USB cable into my router. From there, I used these instructions to have Windows 10 be able to print to it over the network.

This works beautifully, over both wired (PCs) and wireless (laptop) connections. However, when I try to use Windows Fax & Scan in order to use the scanner, Windows claims that there aren't any scanners available:

Windows Scan / Fax and Scan not Detecting SCX-4623FW network scanner ow0yP.png

Is there anything I can do to coax Windows into believing that the scanner, in fact, exists? The scanner works fine if I take the USB cable and connect the printer directly to the PC/laptop. But over the network it's a no-go.

Scott, Jun 11, 2020
  4. BillShaw1 Win User

Windows Scan / Fax and Scan not Detecting SCX-4623FW network scanner

Windows Fax and Scan "No scanners were detected"

My laptop is running Windows 10. The printer is a Canon MX922. Just installed updated printer driver.

When I print its fine. Also when scanning using the Canon IJ Scan Utility it scans fine.

However when using Windows Fax and Scan I receive the message "no scanners were detected".

Any suggestions?

Thanks

BillShaw1, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows Scan / Fax and Scan not Detecting SCX-4623FW network scanner

1. Windows Scan / Fax and Scan not Detecting SCX-4623FW network scanner - Similar Threads - Scan Fax Scan

2. "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected But "HP Scan and Capture" Works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected But "HP Scan and Capture" Works: Scanner and feeder stopped working days ago. WIA scanning fails on an up to date Windows 10 with HP M1536 mft printer/scanner. "HP Scan and Capture" works but not "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected or Adobe applications WIA device not found. I modified WIA services...
  3. "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected But "HP Scan and Capture" Works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected But "HP Scan and Capture" Works: Scanner and feeder stopped working days ago. WIA scanning fails on an up to date Windows 10 with HP M1536 mft printer/scanner. "HP Scan and Capture" works but not "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected or Adobe applications WIA device not found. I modified WIA services...
  4. "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected But "HP Scan and Capture" Works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Fax and Scan - scanner no longer detected - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan - scanner no longer detected - Windows 10: I've been using Windows Fax and Scan with my HP printer/scanner HP Color LaserJet Prop MFP m277dw for a while now on this Windows 10 PC. I successfully used it as recently as 8 days ago, but today it simply reports "No scanners were detected."I'm not sure what changed. The...
  6. Windows Fax and Scan - scanner no longer detected - Windows 10

Windows Fax and Scan - scanner no longer detected - Windows 10: I've been using Windows Fax and Scan with my HP printer/scanner HP Color LaserJet Prop MFP m277dw for a while now on this Windows 10 PC. I successfully used it as recently as 8 days ago, but today it simply reports "No scanners were detected."I'm not sure what changed. The...
  7. Windows Fax and Scan - scanner no longer detected - Windows 10

8. Windows Fax and Scan- No scanner detected - Windows 10

Windows Fax and Scan- No scanner detected - Windows 10: I had windows 10 on my previous computer, I just update to a new one, I used my HP LaserJet MFP M426fdw on my previous machine via wifi connection, and i am trying to use it the same way now, I can print, but scanner is not recognized in Windows Fax and Scan, any help? All...
  9. Scanner not detected by Windows Scan

Scanner not detected by Windows Scan: Hello Community, since the latest major update of Windows 10 Pro (about 1 month ago), my USB scanner no longer works correctly. It scans a few pages and than hangs. I use a 3rd party software that includes its own drivers for older scanners like mine - Xerox Documate 150....
  10. Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Support
    Fax and Scan: Since upgrading to Win 10, I am unable to see previously sent faxes in Windows Fax and Scan that I made under Win 7. This had the Fax account folder set to a location on my data partition, which remains untouched. Even though I point my new Win 10 WFS account to the same data...