Windows 10: Windows Scan software from Store and Windows fax and scan, neither lets me save in PDF

Discus and support Windows Scan software from Store and Windows fax and scan, neither lets me save in PDF in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Two days ago, we received an issue from a client at office. He wasn't being able to save any of his scanned documents as PDF. Today we received the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TigerOffice, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Windows Scan software from Store and Windows fax and scan, neither lets me save in PDF

Two days ago, we received an issue from a client at office. He wasn't being able to save any of his scanned documents as PDF. Today we received the same issue from another client. We use Windows Scan app as our tool to scan stuff. We tried removing the printer along with it's driver & software and re-installed both. Also tried reinstalling the app itself. No result.. Right now we are using HP Smart app for scanning.

**All the printers and scanner are network printer and scanners**

:)

TigerOffice, Feb 17, 2021

2. How to save a scanned document as PDF

Hi Chuck.

There are some options that you can do to save the scanned documents to PDF file. You may follow these steps:

• Copy the scanned document.
    • Open Word, then paste it.
    • Click File > Save As > Choose the location where you want to save it.
    • On Save as type, choose PDF > Save.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Cant save scanned docs as pdf's

Hi Sharon,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What is the location path, are you trying to save the scan file?
    • Do you have Windows reader installed in your PC?

You need to have an application to read, and save your documents in PDF format.

Download Windows Reader from Windows Store, and check if you are able to save your scanned copies in PDF format.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Feb 17, 2021
  4. Windows Scan software from Store and Windows fax and scan, neither lets me save in PDF

Windows Fax & Scan: How to Scan Documents to PDF format?

Greetings all,

In connection with my job, I have several insurance companies asking me to send scanned documents in Portable Document Format (PDF). My Brother Printer Control Center Fax-Scan software is not yet compatible with Windows10, even in Windows7 compatibility mode. The Windows10 Fax & Scan program does not list PDF as a scan-to file conversion option. Only jpeg, bitmap, txt, etc..

Is there a way to tweak or add-on something to Windows Fax & Scan to make it scan documents into PDF format? Thank-you for any guidance with this.

-Allen

AllenChicago, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows Scan software from Store and Windows fax and scan, neither lets me save in PDF

1. Windows Scan software from Store and Windows fax and scan, neither lets me save in PDF - Similar Threads - Scan software Store

2. Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf: Does anyone know how to stop Windows Fax & Scan from converting received faxes to .pdf files? I can watch the file show up as a .tif file then in a few seconds the file is converted to a .pdf. Windows Fax & Scan is running on a server and saves a copy of incoming faxes to a...
  3. Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf: Does anyone know how to stop Windows Fax & Scan from converting received faxes to .pdf files? I can watch the file show up as a .tif file then in a few seconds the file is converted to a .pdf. Windows Fax & Scan is running on a server and saves a copy of incoming faxes to a...
  4. Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Scanning documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan

Scanning documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan: How does one scan documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan? In the event that the App does not have this function, which free third-party apps would be most compatible with Windows 10? Please advise....
  6. Windows Fax and Scan software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Fax and Scan software: On previous versions of the software I was able to select "color; black&white;gray-scale" before scanning my document. Now the version of the software I have with my new laptop only appears to scan in "color" mode. How do I correct this?...
  7. Windows Fax and Scan not printing to pdf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Fax and Scan not printing to pdf: When I open windows Fax and Scan to fax a document I end up with a file that won't open. Here is what I do: Open Fax and Scan I select Document/ Feeder/ Black and White/ and leave file type set at TIF I scan the document then select Print. I then select Microsoft Print to...
  8. Windows FAX AND SCAN WILL NOT SCAN DOCUMENTS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows FAX AND SCAN WILL NOT SCAN DOCUMENTS: I HAVE A NEW COMPUTER AND WINDOWS FAX AND SCAN WILL NOT SCAN DOCUMENTS. MY OLD COMPUTER STILL DOES. BOTH HAVE WINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-fax-and-scan-will-not-scan-documents/b843f4e1-2cd5-46e8-943f-42bcd534e94b
  9. Windows Fax & Scan: How to Scan Documents to PDF format?

Windows Fax & Scan: How to Scan Documents to PDF format?: Greetings all, In connection with my job, I have several insurance companies asking me to send scanned documents in Portable Document Format (PDF). My Brother Printer Control Center Fax-Scan software is not yet compatible with Windows10, even in Windows7 compatibility...
  10. Scan and FAX multi Pages to PDF?

Scan and FAX multi Pages to PDF?: I can Scan from my Brother MFC-8840D using the Scan on the Start Menu or the Scan and FAX. I even have the option to save it as a PDF and this all works. However it wants to save each page. Is there any way to configure it to scan several pages from the FlatBed and not the...