Windows 10: Windows schtasks for logon schedule doesn't work run on battery power

Discus and support Windows schtasks for logon schedule doesn't work run on battery power in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why does windows schtasks for logon schedule not work if run on laptop with unplugged AC power i.e. when using battery power supply. Works only if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by budi, Jan 14, 2018.

1. budi Win User

Windows schtasks for logon schedule doesn't work run on battery power

Why does windows schtasks for logon schedule not work if run on laptop with unplugged AC power i.e. when using battery power supply.
    Works only if laptop is being powered plugged in with AC supply. How to solve this issue ?

:)

2. Ramesh Srinivasan, Jan 14, 2018
  3. mdanolan Win User
    Cannot get SCHTASKS to execute BAT file

I used below lines of code to execute a BAT file and cannot get it executing for me.

All code lines respond "SUCCESS" ?

I did the "create" then waited for execution time set, then did a "run" but still no joy Windows schtasks for logon schedule doesn't work run on battery power :)

>schtasks /create /tn "SMS Checks" /sc minute /mo 20 /it /st 14:25 /tr C:\users\EZEDPXR\SMSChk.bat

SUCCESS: The scheduled task "SMS Checks" has successfully been created.
    >schtasks /run /tn "SMS Checks"

SUCCESS: Attempted to run the scheduled task "SMS Checks".
    >schtasks /showsid /tn "SMS Checks"

SUCCESS: The SID "S-1-5-87-1564743453-1737205994-3829256723-526445717-3478229004" for the user name "SMS Checks" has been computed successfully.
    >schtasks /delete /tn "SMS Checks"

WARNING: Are you sure you want to remove the task "SMS Checks" (Y/N)? y

SUCCESS: The scheduled task "SMS Checks" was successfully deleted.

Thanks for any ideas to enlighten me on whatever I did wrongly.

mdanolan, Jan 14, 2018
  4. lx07 Win User

Check the power settings for the task:

Windows schtasks for logon schedule doesn't work run on battery power [​IMG]

5. budi Win User
    Cannot accept the user action, ie. numb to any click and inputs

Why and how to solve it ?

6. lx07 Win User
    search for "Task Scheduler" from start menu, then select your task.

7. AndreTen Win User
    Like lx07 said.. In task scheduler select task in question and select properties

Windows schtasks for logon schedule doesn't work run on battery power [​IMG]

AndreTen, Jan 14, 2018
  8. budi Win User

I finally get the setting
    it's a Preview Pane that i clicked, it's not meant to accept any click!

9. lx07 Win User
    Interestingly new tasks default to running on AC power only for some reason.

If you want them to run on battery also you always have to change it.

lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows schtasks for logon schedule doesn't work run on battery power - Similar Threads - schtasks logon schedule

2. Hello logon doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello logon doesn't work: Sincne the latest update I can't logon using heloo face recognition. My camera does work as I tested in Zoom. but the computer seems not able to acces it for hello sign in....
  3. Hello logon doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello logon doesn't work: Sincne the latest update I can't logon using heloo face recognition. My camera does work as I tested in Zoom. but the computer seems not able to acces it for hello sign in....
  4. Issues with task scheduler running on battery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with task scheduler running on battery: Hi all, I've been having trouble getting task scheduler to run a program (throttlestop for CPU undervolt) reliably on boot. It runs on AC but never on battery. My trigger is log on of any user. I've also tried on startup. As for config; its set up to run whether the user is...
  5. Schtasks problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Schtasks problem: schtasks executes attacker commands and I don't know what to do since when I reinstall schtask it keeps appearing in windows defending the same message. any ideas what i can do or how to stop this? submitted by /u/kev1nyaelo [link] [comments]...
  6. Run a task in Task Scheduler only when the computer is on battery power.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run a task in Task Scheduler only when the computer is on battery power.: I want Task Scheduler to run a task when on battery because my antivirus consumes a lot of battery, and if possible it would be nice it could do the opposite. It would reopen the antivirus with Task Scheduler when connected to AC....
  7. Server 2019 running Data Collector Sets via schtasks/Scheduled Tasks (Issue & Tempfix)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Server 2019 running Data Collector Sets via schtasks/Scheduled Tasks (Issue & Tempfix): Has anyone else encountered issues activating a performance monitor data collector set on Server 2019 using either the command line schtasks or the gui Scheduled Tasks? Specifically with the symptom: it appears to start without issue on the scheduled task side, but nothing...
  8. schtasks to run r script

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    schtasks to run r script: I am trying to automate the following task use schtasks on Windows: schtasks /create /sc minute /mo 30 /tn "test" /tr "Rscript Documents\baseball_scraper_19.R" Nothing happens (the script is not running). I am wondering if I am not specifying my filepath correctly? I have...
  9. Task Scheduler doesn't run script

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler doesn't run script: Hey Microsoft Community, I'm trying to create a task in Task Scheduler that runs a specific script. The issue is that when the task runs (whether I do it manually or if it's scheduled), the script doesn't actually get executed. I know that the script works, and I have tried...
  10. Task Scheduler doesn't run program

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Scheduler doesn't run program: I'm running a task schedule to run a program at a certain time. It worked great in windows 7 but since I upgraded to 10 nothing happens when the task is run. I've run SFC and Dism see below and no problems found. C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. schtasks on battery

2. schtasks.exe run on battery