Windows 10: Windows screen flickers for a specific user but not for other

Discus and support Windows screen flickers for a specific user but not for other in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a notebook with Windows 10 preinstalled. I have two users in it. Today the screen started flickering for one of the users and I cannot do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlejandroBrozzo, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Windows screen flickers for a specific user but not for other

Hi, I have a notebook with Windows 10 preinstalled. I have two users in it. Today the screen started flickering for one of the users and I cannot do anything as the focus keeps reseting. I did manage to open task manager and it does not flicker with the rest of the screen.

If I reset the computer and log with the other user, then the screen does not flicker any longer. However, it seems it does not fully load correctly either as I have no internet access this way or at least no WiFi.

I have not recently installed nor updated any program manually, but behind the scenes maybe some did like Chrome does automatic updates.

I have tried to do a restore but the restore points seem to be disabled for some reason. I then tried the more destructive Windows recovery to do a fresh install, but that fails with no explanation of what the error is.

:)

AlejandroBrozzo, Apr 14, 2021

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Windows screen flickers for a specific user but not for other

Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows screen flickers for a specific user but not for other

1. Windows screen flickers for a specific user but not for other - Similar Threads - screen flickers specific

2. Flickering Screen on Edge and other Microsoft Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flickering Screen on Edge and other Microsoft Apps: After a few months from purchasing a Destop PC with intergrated graphics, When playing a video on Microsoft Edge or other Microsoft apps such as Windows Media player and Spotify Microsoft Store App the screen flickers causing the page to sometimes freeze. The issues only...
  3. Flickering Screen on Edge and other Microsoft Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flickering Screen on Edge and other Microsoft Apps: After a few months from purchasing a Destop PC with intergrated graphics, When playing a video on Microsoft Edge or other Microsoft apps such as Windows Media player and Spotify Microsoft Store App the screen flickers causing the page to sometimes freeze. The issues only...
  4. Flickering Screen on Edge and other MS Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flickering Screen on Edge and other MS Apps: After a few months from purchasing a Destop PC with intergrated graphics, When playing a video on Microsoft Edge or other Microsoft apps such as Windows Media player and Spotify the screen flickers causing the page to sometimes freeze. The issues only resolves it self when...
  5. Flickering Screen on Edge and other MS Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flickering Screen on Edge and other MS Apps: After a few months from purchasing a Destop PC with intergrated graphics, When playing a video on Microsoft Edge or other Microsoft apps such as Windows Media player and Spotify the screen flickers causing the page to sometimes freeze. The issues only resolves it self when...
  6. The "Other User" sign in screen.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The "Other User" sign in screen.: Hello,So I clean installed Windows 10 created my account and everything but when I start my PC the Other user screen comes up. I have to select my account and then enter the password. It's a sort of big deal for me. My PC is working fine I have an administrator account it's...
  7. Screen Flickering and other Windows10 issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Flickering and other Windows10 issues: For the last couple days I've had plenty issues with my laptop. I already tried multiple times to format my drives and reinstall windows but for some reason Windows stops working after some days. The only apps I've installed so far when reinstalling the drives are google...
  8. Screen flickers black, other issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen flickers black, other issues: Hello. My screen will periodically flicker to black once in a while. It lasts less than half a second when it occurs. When it does this, a few things happen: 1. A second mouse curser is visible in the centre of the screen. I can control the original curse, but the second...
  9. screen flickers only on specific game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen flickers only on specific game: Respected sir , recently when I was playing transformers and farcry 3 my screen start flickering but was not flickering when I have played Assassian creed 3 and gta san andreas . my pc specs are i3 4160T with 4 gb ram and intel hd graphics 4400 ....
  10. Specific screen flickering problem, possibly after a Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Specific screen flickering problem, possibly after a Windows update: HI All, I have a 2 monitor setup, running on a Vega 64 Windows 10 Home The 2 monitors have been running fine fine weeks, then suddenly yesterday I get a very strange flickering problem on one of them. I haven't updated any drivers and I ignored the latest AMD driver. I...