Windows 10: Windows screen going black randomly

Discus and support Windows screen going black randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I recently started getting random black screens. A small popup box appears and then screen goes black and system loads everything again. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Akshat_Geek, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Windows screen going black randomly

Hi, I recently started getting random black screens. A small popup box appears and then screen goes black and system loads everything again.

I cleaned my laptop from inside after the problem dissapeared for 2 days. But it has started to happen again now system hangs and popup appears and goes black.

:)

Akshat_Geek, Dec 14, 2020
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Dec 14, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows screen going black randomly

how to i stop my windows 10 screen to stop going black?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the computer screen goes black randomly. I'll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• When exactly does the screen goes black?
    • When you say “my start-up my computer sleed-time”, does the computer take time to boot?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

If you are using a Desktop, I would suggest you to make sure that the cables are secured properly from both the ends. You may want to try swapping the cables and check.

However, you may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    and see if that helps.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows screen going black randomly

1. Windows screen going black randomly - Similar Threads - screen going black

2. Laptop screen going black randomly. After update My screen starts going black frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen going black randomly. After update My screen starts going black frequently: Edition Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview Version 23H2 Installed on ‎03-‎02-‎2024 OS build 26040.1000 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.26040.1000.0 After update My screen starts going black frequentlyThe Desktop Window Manager process has exited. Process exit...
  3. Laptop screen going black randomly. After update My screen starts going black frequently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen going black randomly. After update My screen starts going black frequently: Edition Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview Version 23H2 Installed on ‎03-‎02-‎2024 OS build 26040.1000 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.26040.1000.0 After update My screen starts going black frequentlyThe Desktop Window Manager process has exited. Process exit...
  4. Display Randomly going black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Randomly going black: Whenever I play games like roblox after a few minutes my screen will randomly go black and my keyboard and mouse will shutoff but my pc will still be running. This started happening a few days agoMB: b450 tomahawkGPU: RX580CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight Core ProcessorRAM:...
  5. Pc randomly freezes/ screens go black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc randomly freezes/ screens go black: Hi Everyone, Im asking this mostly because im afraid im destroying my gpu.Ive been having problems with my screen going black/ randomly freezing in a lot of scenarios, at startup it oftenly turns one or more of my screens off and then on again, while watching shows of vlc it...
  6. Pc randomly freezes/ screens go black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc randomly freezes/ screens go black: Hi Everyone, Im asking this mostly because im afraid im destroying my gpu.Ive been having problems with my screen going black/ randomly freezing in a lot of scenarios, at startup it oftenly turns one or more of my screens off and then on again, while watching shows of vlc it...
  7. screen going black randomly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    screen going black randomly: windows 10 screen goes black randomly, started when downloaded latest windows 10 update, reverted back to previous version, now message from microsoft my version of windows 10 about to expire?...
  8. Laptop screen going black randomly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop screen going black randomly.: My laptop screen is going black randomly but it stays on and the only way I can fix that is by a hard reset. I've noticed that when my pc is very loaded for example a heavy game like Fortnite/GTAV no problem happens, but when I do a simple task like browsing the web it...
  9. Laptop screen randomly going black.

Laptop screen randomly going black.: My laptop screen sometimes goes black while doing normal tasks - browsing the internet, etc. When it goes black, the laptop is still turned on, but the system is unresponsive. Win + ctrl + shift + b doesn't work....
  10. Program Windows Randomly Going Black

Program Windows Randomly Going Black: I’m using Windows 10 and I’ve been having this problem with some of my program windows randomly turning black. They’re still there and I can interract with them. If I remember where a certian button is, I can still click on it. I ran an SFC scan and it detected some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. monitor randomly goes black