Windows 10: Windows screens, some apps appear white and broken

Discus and support Windows screens, some apps appear white and broken in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hard to explain really, but I've had this problem for a while. It's occurring on my desktop and a laptop and not sure what to do about it. It cropped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Inapprope, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Inapprope Win User

Windows screens, some apps appear white and broken

Hard to explain really, but I've had this problem for a while. It's occurring on my desktop and a laptop and not sure what to do about it. It cropped up again last week as some notification that appeared at start up. I have no idea what to do. This is what it looks like:

:)

Inapprope, Oct 19, 2021
  2. John Vil Win User

White Screen on Windows 10

Hi,

There may be several reasons why your laptop's screen will show a plain white screen. To assist you better with this concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any hardware/software changes on your laptop recently?
    • At what point do this white screen appear?
    • Have you tried booting your computer into Safe Mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

We look forward for your response.

John Vil, Oct 19, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows screens, some apps appear white and broken :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 19, 2021
  4. Pipps Win User

Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows screens, some apps appear white and broken - Similar Threads - screens apps appear

2. White dots appear in some applications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White dots appear in some applications.: I am facing an issue with white dots. They randomly appear on my screen in some applications and goes away when I bring cursor near them. The applications are steam, epic games, outlook, MS Word, Visual Studio Code, Riot Client and many more. I thought that it's a problem...
  3. White dots appear in some applications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White dots appear in some applications.: I am facing an issue with white dots. They randomly appear on my screen in some applications and goes away when I bring cursor near them. The applications are steam, epic games, outlook, MS Word, Visual Studio Code, Riot Client and many more. I thought that it's a problem...
  4. Windows screens, some apps appear white and broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows screens, some apps appear white and broken: Hard to explain really, but I've had this problem for a while. It's occurring on my desktop and a laptop and not sure what to do about it. It cropped up again last week as some notification that appeared at start up. I have no idea what to do. This is what it looks like:...
  5. Windows screens, some apps appear white and broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows screens, some apps appear white and broken: Hard to explain really, but I've had this problem for a while. It's occurring on my desktop and a laptop and not sure what to do about it. It cropped up again last week as some notification that appeared at start up. I have no idea what to do. This is what it looks like:...
  6. White dots appear on some applications

White dots appear on some applications: I don't know why I got these white dots expanding randomly on some apps, such as on browsers, epic games, steam and games. Idk why this happens, I just bought this laptop 10 days ago. It happened all of a sudden, and the only solution I found was to disable the GPU. Why does...
  7. Some windows are broken and stuff that's supposed to be white is black

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some windows are broken and stuff that's supposed to be white is black: [ATTACH] I really need to fix this. Restarting doesn't work. No, high contrast isn't on. I want to scan for viruses but (see below) my I can't read the words of windows defender as it's white on a white background. How do I fix this? I can't find anything online about it....
  8. White screen appears

White screen appears: Mostly, when I pick my laptop up, the screen acts really weird. I tried reinstalling the windows and even changed the ssd but nothing worked. Plus, when I extend the display with hdmi, laptop gets really slow....
  9. Some Apps Open to White Screen in Windowed Mode

Some Apps Open to White Screen in Windowed Mode: Hello, recently I have been having a problem where some apps will only show a white screen in windowed mode. I noticed this problem specifically in two apps/games. This problem first happened when I was using Minecraft Java Edition. I tried to play in windowed mode, but when...
  10. Solution to Some Apps Open with White Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Solution to Some Apps Open with White Screen: Hello Everybody I read in some Posts that People have Problems with some Apps Starting with White Screen I found a Solution and wanted to Post it to some of the Threads but they where all Locked So Here is my Solution I did an Uninstall of the Graphic Adapter...