Windows 10: Windows screensaver never activates

Discus and support Windows screensaver never activates in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I set it to 1 minute but this never seems to work. No matter what I set it to the screensaver just never comes on. It used to but stopped submitted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mogster777, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Windows screensaver never activates

I set it to 1 minute but this never seems to work. No matter what I set it to the screensaver just never comes on.

It used to but stopped

submitted by /u/mogster777
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mogster777, Oct 31, 2020
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Windows screensaver never activates :)

terrace, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 keeps disabling my screensaver on its own

Windows 10 keeps automatically disabling my screensaver and setting it to "none".

About once a week, I find that my screensaver that I made with InstantStorm does not activate after five minutes has passed. I then check my screensaver settings and found that my screensaver reverted to "none". I then proceed to change it back to the My Little Pony screensaver that I made—only for Windows 10 to change it back to "none" in a week or so.

I Googled the problem but nothing relevant came up. Google did not even provide next word suggestions after 'Windows 10 keeps disabling my' "screensaver was NOT even in the drop down list and when I typed 'screensaver' anyway, all I got was results pertaining to Windows disabling the screen, NOT the screensaver.

This is on a Dell Optiplex 790 tower

Does anybody know what the problem could be?

Ornithophilia, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Windows screensaver never activates

screensaver versus no screensaver

On Windows XP, the screensaver was running even when the montior was off which is a waste. Ever since I discovered that, I simply turn screensavers off and have the monitor power down in 5 minutes or less.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows screensaver never activates

1. Windows screensaver never activates - Similar Threads - screensaver never activates

2. This activation code will never works.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This activation code will never works.: I tried call microsoft activation centre for activate my windows 8.1, and I did told the activation ID to the call, but after that, this Windows 8.1 activation ID is no longer working and I failed to activate it.The ID u guys would know because every country using the same...
  3. This activation code will never works.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This activation code will never works.: I tried call microsoft activation centre for activate my windows 8.1, and I did told the activation ID to the call, but after that, this Windows 8.1 activation ID is no longer working and I failed to activate it.The ID u guys would know because every country using the same...
  4. Spinning Text Screensaver Not Working... Display Shuts Off, but Screensaver Won't Activate!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spinning Text Screensaver Not Working... Display Shuts Off, but Screensaver Won't Activate!: Yo, first post. Never had the need to post here before, but this is seriously buggin' me. I have my power settings all sorted out, the screen saver preview looks good, it works in the personalization menu and everything, but when I leave my computer to do it by itself?...
  5. My screensaver never seems to activate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My screensaver never seems to activate: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Reddevil313 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iq9g5s/my_screensaver_never_seems_to_activate/
  6. Never-ending Windows Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Never-ending Windows Activation: I've been receiving a watermark at the lower right of my display warning me Windows is not activated every single day for over a week now, even though I purchased this computer from Dell with Windows 10 Home pre-installed a few months short of two years ago an XPS 8920 tower....
  7. Unable to activate Windows screensaver

Unable to activate Windows screensaver: After playing Metro Exodus, having mashed the keyboard a couple of times during gameplay, I found that the screensaver would not work. No matter what I tried, I could not get it to come on: 1) GPEDIT User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Control...
  8. screensaver activates in windows 10

screensaver activates in windows 10: How do I increase the amount of time before my screensaver activates in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver-activates-in-windows-10/e48a4338-c980-4686-8b32-31c092d04660
  9. Screensaver doesn't ever activate in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screensaver doesn't ever activate in Windows 10: I know how to fix my problem, but I had to search a long time to find the solution. To see if you have my problem -- a program actively preventing sleep, open an elevated command prompt and run this command: powercfg -requests If you see any results, there is a good chance...
  10. Laptop Does Not Sleep Automatically/Screensaver never starts

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Does Not Sleep Automatically/Screensaver never starts: My laptop does not sleep automatically...ever when connected to the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Mouse with the laptop closed and connected to a Monitor. Here are my Power & sleep settings: [img] Also, no matter how long I...