Windows 10: Windows Screenshot tool copies image only in .png format

Discus and support Windows Screenshot tool copies image only in .png format in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there any way to copy the screenshot in jpeg format without saving it? Right now if you just press copy one you captured something it will copy an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/voltuzz, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Windows Screenshot tool copies image only in .png format

Is there any way to copy the screenshot in jpeg format without saving it?
    Right now if you just press copy one you captured something it will copy an uncompressed png file, which is not very efficient for fast screenshot sharing.

submitted by /u/voltuzz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/voltuzz, Apr 13, 2021

2. Help, cant create windows image

Hello there, @fullinfusion!

It seems like some sort of an OS confusion has happened with your secondary WD Black and I'm sorry to hear about that. *Frown Windows Screenshot tool copies image only in .png format :(
    Maybe re-formatting it would help indeed as the community already mentioned. I'd suggest to take a look at this step-by-step how to partition and format an HDD: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=PYCoid
    Keep in mind that this will wipe clean the drive, so you should backup all important data from the drive somewhere else.
    I noticed from the screenshots that your HDD appears as Disk 0, this means that it's plugged in the primary SATA port where the SSD (as an OS drive) should be. Actually it is possible that because of this Windows cannot create the image there. Swap the ports of the SSD and the HDD, this might help as well.

Keep me posted. Hope this helped! *Smile Windows Screenshot tool copies image only in .png format :)
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Apr 13, 2021
  3. dhdude Win User
    Replacing old hard drive, need way to copy Windows installation across

Hey Guys,
    What would be the best way of copying/imaging the entire contents of an old system drive over to a replacement hard disk for the same machine? I need to copy the Windows installations and all other data to the new drive, and then format the old drive to use as a backup.

Any suggestions? *Smile Windows Screenshot tool copies image only in .png format :)

dhdude, Apr 13, 2021
  4. W1zzard Win User

Windows Screenshot tool copies image only in .png format

Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows Screenshot tool copies image only in .png format

1. Windows Screenshot tool copies image only in .png format - Similar Threads - Screenshot tool copies

2. When I do a PrtSc screenshot, the image copies to my clipboard, instead of the Screenshot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I do a PrtSc screenshot, the image copies to my clipboard, instead of the Screenshot...: Before the screenshots have always saved into that folder, but recently when I deleted all the files from my OneDrive, it for some reason stopped working. Not sure if it's even related to the OneDrive, but can someone please help me? Now the image just copies into my...
  3. When I do a PrtSc screenshot, the image copies to my clipboard, instead of the Screenshot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I do a PrtSc screenshot, the image copies to my clipboard, instead of the Screenshot...: Before the screenshots have always saved into that folder, but recently when I deleted all the files from my OneDrive, it for some reason stopped working. Not sure if it's even related to the OneDrive, but can someone please help me? Now the image just copies into my...
  4. Windows Screenshot Tools may also leak cropped image content

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Screenshot Tools may also leak cropped image content: Microsoft's Windows operating system includes screen capturing tools, which users may use to take screenshots and do light image editing. While not as sophisticated as other screenshot tools, it is the daily helper app of millions of Windows users when it comes to capturing...
  5. Printer problems for .png images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer problems for .png images: HELP!I print images regularly for work. Everything has always been fine until a two days ago. All my images are now printing fuzzy and I can't figure out how to fix it. Here are the details:The images are 300 dpi PNG images.They print fuzzy from every program: MS Word and...
  6. How to convert any image format like png to .accountpicture-ms extension?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to convert any image format like png to .accountpicture-ms extension?: Hello there! These days I am building Win10XPE but I have a problem with the user account picture. I tried to change the account profile picture to png but I know that is impossible since two extension is different. I wanted to find how to change the png extension to...
  7. How to convert any image format like png to .accountpicture-ms extension?

How to convert any image format like png to .accountpicture-ms extension?: Hello there! These days I am building Win10XPE but I have a problem with the user account picture. I tried to change the account profile picture to png but I know that is impossible since two extension is different. I wanted to find how to change the png extension to...
  8. Copy screenshot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy screenshot: How do I copy a window to email, like a screenshot to another window? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-screenshot/272d72f4-f9cd-491f-844d-366881b242e1"
  9. jpeg instead of png format

in Windows 10 Customization
    jpeg instead of png format: I'm using Windows 10 Home on a Toshiba Satellite laptop. When I take snapshots they download as PNG formt which cannot open. How do I get it in a JPEG format without taking a pic of it with Paint?...
  10. Chaging a PNG format to a JPEG

Chaging a PNG format to a JPEG: Am having trouble using Paint 3D in Windows 10 on my computer to change a PNG photo format to a JPEG. It will only save in a 2D JPEG format and the website I am using to upload a Photo to use on my 2019 Personal Diary will not recognise the format. When I have searched as to...