Windows 10: Windows Screenshot tool is not opening up for me..??

Discus and support Windows Screenshot tool is not opening up for me..?? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a desktop computer with Windows 10 fully updated, and I also have a Surface Book with Windows 10 fully updated. Not too long ago, updates were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Drew Angell, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Windows Screenshot tool is not opening up for me..??

I have a desktop computer with Windows 10 fully updated, and I also have a Surface Book with Windows 10 fully updated.

Not too long ago, updates were made to the way the Windows Screenshot tool works (ie. Win + Shift + S)

On my desktop when I do this, I see a little copy of the screenshot pop-up in the corner of my screen telling me it's been copied to the clipboard. If I click on this image, it loads the tool where I can make edits to the image.

On my Surface Book, though, this option never pops up. When I use Win+Shift+S to do the screenshot, it does copy to the clipboard just like it always did before, but it never shows me the new tool where I can click to Edit.

If I open the Snipping Tool instead (which I always did before when I needed to highlight something on the screenshot), then it gives me this warning about how I should use the new tool instead, and the Snipping tool will be going away. But again, the new tool does not work for me on this machine for some reason.

Any info on how to get this working properly for me on my Surface Book would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:)

Drew Angell, Nov 22, 2019
  2. rmanasa Win User

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Windows Screenshot tool is not opening up for me..??

screenshot function is not working

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer and click on This PC in the left navigation pane.
    • Navigate to the location: C:\Users\<Username>\Pictures\Screenshots.
    • Right click on the Screenshots folder and select Properties.
    • Click on the Location tab in the Properties Window.
    • Change the location to the desired location and click on Move.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows Screenshot tool is not opening up for me..??

1. Windows Screenshot tool is not opening up for me..?? - Similar Threads - Screenshot tool opening

2. Microsoft Screenshot Tool Disable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Screenshot Tool Disable: Hello, I am trying to use third-party software to take screenshots called ShareX, but for some reason the screen capture key is only opening the Windows screen capture tool. I have uninstalled the snipping tool, and it is now a different tool somehow. Things I have tried: 1....
  3. Microsoft Screenshot Tool Disable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Screenshot Tool Disable: Hello, I am trying to use third-party software to take screenshots called ShareX, but for some reason the screen capture key is only opening the Windows screen capture tool. I have uninstalled the snipping tool, and it is now a different tool somehow. Things I have tried: 1....
  4. Cannot screenshot with Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot screenshot with Snipping Tool: I can open the program just fine but when I press "New" to take a screenshot or use the shortcuts windows + shift + s / print screen key it simply does not work. All it does is it changes my cursor from normal to buffer for a short time and minimizes the program but then...
  5. Cannot screenshot with Snipping Tool

Cannot screenshot with Snipping Tool: I can open the program just fine but when I press "New" to take a screenshot or use the shortcuts windows + shift + s / print screen key it simply does not work. All it does is it changes my cursor from normal to buffer for a short time and minimizes the program but then...
  6. New Snipping Tool Won't Stop Prompting Me to Save Screenshots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Snipping Tool Won't Stop Prompting Me to Save Screenshots: How do I disable this constant prompting? It is very annoying. I don't want to save my screenshots. I usually paste them into another application. I have tried turning off and then on the Automatically save screenshots in Settings I guess it's stored in cache?. I want it to...
  7. New Snipping Tool Won't Stop Prompting Me to Save Screenshots

New Snipping Tool Won't Stop Prompting Me to Save Screenshots: How do I disable this constant prompting? It is very annoying. I don't want to save my screenshots. I usually paste them into another application. I have tried turning off and then on the Automatically save screenshots in Settings I guess it's stored in cache?. I want it to...
  8. How to invoke Snipping Tool or Snip & Snatch to open my screenshot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to invoke Snipping Tool or Snip & Snatch to open my screenshot: I am developing my own screenshot app. And I hope when I take a screenshot, which is in my app, then I could invoke Snipping Tool or Snap & Snatch to open the screenshot in them. So that I could further edit it in them. Is it possible and how?I tried Snap & Snatch, it can do...
  9. How to invoke Snipping Tool or Snip & Snatch to open my screenshot

How to invoke Snipping Tool or Snip & Snatch to open my screenshot: I am developing my own screenshot app. And I hope when I take a screenshot, which is in my app, then I could invoke Snipping Tool or Snap & Snatch to open the screenshot in them. So that I could further edit it in them. Is it possible and how?I tried Snap & Snatch, it can do...
  10. Snipping Tool/Screenshots blurry

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Snipping Tool/Screenshots blurry: The best answer is make sure Display Driver is installed and the RESOLUTION is set to RECOMMENDED, that's all it works good. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-toolscreenshots-blurry/0b34ced7-6901-4fdd-b609-ea918c0bc663