Windows 10: Windows Screensnip saving location

Discus and support Windows Screensnip saving location in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey does anyone know how to change the save location after win+shift+s? It auto saves into clipboard, but I want to save it to a folder automatically.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AlternativeWisher, May 23, 2022.

1. Windows Screensnip saving location

Hey does anyone know how to change the save location after win+shift+s? It auto saves into clipboard, but I want to save it to a folder automatically. Is there anyway to change the default save, or is there a temp folder where all the screensnips go to?

(btw, I don't want to do the win+printscreen b/c I only want my selected portion).

Let me know when you figure it out

submitted by /u/AlternativeWisher
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AlternativeWisher, May 23, 2022

2. Default location to save documenets

Hi Frank,

Sorry for the delayed response.

From your recent description, it seems like the issue is confined to Word documents. If true, then follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Launch Word application.
    • Go to File Menu and select Options.
    • In the pop-up dialog box, towards the left pane, select Save.
    • Under Default location file, browse the location you want to save.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, May 23, 2022
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Making HDD as default saving location instead of sdd for files

Hi Kiefer,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

I suggest you to try the following steps to change default saving locations. Check if it helps.

• Click on Start and click on
      Settings.

• Open System and click on
      Storage in the left-pane.

• Under the section Save Locations in the
      right-pane, select the appropriate location to which you want to save files.

• Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 23, 2022
  4. Windows Screensnip saving location

Maps, while route search to grab location from saved locations

Hello,

We understand that you want to get your start or destination point from your Saved location. Maps only allows to set the saved locations or favorites as your destination point from your current location by going to
    Favorites (star icon) > Select your
    saved location > Directions. If you want to add your concern as a suggestion, you can send it using
    Feedback Hub app. You can use this app on Windows 10 Mobile to let our engineers know about your feedback and suggestions. To send a feedback, you can follow the steps below:

1. Go to All apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    2. Open the Menu icon what the top left side.
    3. Select Feedback, then tap the Add button
      (+) what the top right side.
    4. Select Suggestion and provide the details needed in the box.
    5. Select the right category and then submit.

We're here if you have any questions.

3482be97-15ec-4271-be40-2f9a31b21207, May 23, 2022
Thema:

Windows Screensnip saving location

1. Windows Screensnip saving location - Similar Threads - Screensnip saving location

2. prtsc takes me to screensnip and i can't save my screenshot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    prtsc takes me to screensnip and i can't save my screenshot: hi! i've been trying to figure out how to take a screenshot on my new laptop and i keep trying different options prtsc, prtsc+windows, windows+shift+s, fn+alt+space and it still wont take a screenshot screen doesnt go dim. it either does nothing or opens up the screensnip...
  3. prtsc takes me to screensnip and i can't save my screenshot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    prtsc takes me to screensnip and i can't save my screenshot: hi! i've been trying to figure out how to take a screenshot on my new laptop and i keep trying different options prtsc, prtsc+windows, windows+shift+s, fn+alt+space and it still wont take a screenshot screen doesnt go dim. it either does nothing or opens up the screensnip...
  4. prtsc takes me to screensnip and i can't save my screenshot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Save as location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save as location: Hi, this is really frustrating. I issue word documents as .pdfs, previously when I saved the document it defaulted to the same location as the word document, whereas now it tries to save it on the one drive which I do not use and do not wish to use. This seems a clear case of...
  6. Save as location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save as location: Hi, this is really frustrating. I issue word documents as .pdfs, previously when I saved the document it defaulted to the same location as the word document, whereas now it tries to save it on the one drive which I do not use and do not wish to use. This seems a clear case of...
  7. Default save location

Default save location: Question in the image. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-save-location/78159927-885e-4c2d-96b4-2630a5117bb2
  8. Windows 10 save as location

Windows 10 save as location: I was hoping you could help me out what may seem a small issue it is a big help to me at work. I have just upgraded my PC at work which is running fine but but one thing it is missing is that my old PC running the same windows 10 pro used to allow me to save a document,...
  9. Default Save Location and Location Tab

Default Save Location and Location Tab: Default Save Location allows you to change which drive information is store on. But there is already a Location tab in folder properties to do that. You may need to streamline the default save location so you can do the same thing in Control Panel....
  10. Locating saved files

in Windows 10 Support
    Locating saved files: Windows 10 seems to have a mind of its own when I save files. I use "Save as"the first time and expect it to continue saving to the same location that I specified initially. But no, click on "Save" and it saves it in any one of a number of places so I end up with several...