Windows 10: Windows Script Host error

Discus and support Windows Script Host error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have an error on Windows 10 64 Bit, whenever I start my computer, I get a popup that says the following: Script: C:\Users\Blade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Blade McNeil, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Windows Script Host error

Hi, I have an error on Windows 10 64 Bit, whenever I start my computer, I get a popup that says the following:

Script: C:\Users\Blade McNeil\cmdl32\cmdl32.vbs

Line: 3

Char: 1

Error: The system cannot find the file specified.

Code: 80070002

Source: null

All I can do is click OK, I tried searching online for a fix but I couldnt find it anywhere, any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Blade McNeil, Jun 23, 2020

2. Windows Script Host

Hi Tiara,

The message "Windows Script Host access is disabled on this machine. Contact your administrator for details" is usually occurring if a program that does not require the feature of Windows Script Host is running on a Windows PC. For us to provide an accurate
    solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Does the message appear when you are launching a specific application?
    • What changes were made to the device before this issue happened?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps provided by
    Ramesh Srinivasan
    in this thread.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Windows Script Host

Hi Vito,

System file corruption is one of the possible reasons why you are receiving script host errors in Windows 10. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Are you receiving the error while working on a specific task?
    • Did you make any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you create a new user account and see if the issue will occur while on a different user profile. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings
      > Accounts > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC.

• Type a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Windows Script Host error

Windows Script Host

Hi Boniface,

Windows Script Host provides your PC the scripting abilities like
    batch files, but Windows Script Host offers more features. You can enable
    Windows Script Host to stop 'Windows Script Host is disabled on this machine, contact your administrator for details'
    message by following these steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type regedit and press Enter to open the
      Registry Editor.
    • Navigate to this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows Script Host\Settings.
    • On the right panel, double-click Enabled and change the
      Value data to 1.
    • Save the changes and exit the Registry Editor.

Note: Do not modify other keys on the Registry without having enough knowledge about that registry key as it may cause some failures on your PC

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows Script Host error

1. Windows Script Host error - Similar Threads - Script Host error

2. Windows Script Host Error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Script Host Error?: on start up of windows 10, I recieve an error as following;Windows Script Host script: C;\Users\public\Defender\defender.vbsline: 8char: 1Error: The system cannot locate the resource specifiedcode: 800C0005Source: msxml3.dll...
  3. Windows script Host error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows script Host error: Script : C/Users/_/appdata/Local/Updates/Run.vbs Line : 31 Char : 1 Error : The system cannot find the file specified. Code : 80070002 Source : null Please help me to solve the problem ! :'...
  4. windows script host error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows script host error: when i start the pc i get this message up :windows script host the popup headerscript: c:\Users\Hemedro\appdata\local\udates\run.vbsline: 31char: 1error: the system cannot find the file specifiedcode: 80070002source: null...
  5. Windows script host error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows script host error: i got a popup box sayingLoading script"\\some ip address\ServerCheckdataClientPC\ScriptRun\SentIP.vbs" failed The network path was not foundhow do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-script-host-error/0e83b692-f492-44a2-8de8-9fb5761032fc
  6. Windows Script Host error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Script Host error: i continuously get the same two errors " Can not find script file "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\qENj.vbs".and " Can not find script file "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\PdJto.vbs". if someone could please provide a solution it would be greatly appreciated as I've been...
  7. Windows Script Host - Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Script Host - Error: Hello, When I start I get this error and do what they recommend https://answers.microsoft.com/es-es/windows/forum/all/me-sale-error-en-el-windows-script-host-cuando/c3c379a2-274f-4bb9-97a6-a93a9ac4c6ddand...
  8. Windows Script Host error

Windows Script Host error: I get this dialogue box popping up intermittently :can not find script file with a disk location https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-script-host-error/63ff9c5f-c8cb-4e4f-aeda-3d49603d3e80
  9. Windows Script Host Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Script Host Error: Hello guys i am having a Windows Script Host error. The window pops up whenever i Log on to my PC. It does not appear to affect any of my daily tasks, but i just want to know if there is a way to resolve it. [ATTACH]...
  10. WINDOWS SCRIPT HOST ERROR

WINDOWS SCRIPT HOST ERROR: Everytime i start up my laptop i get an error message about windows can not find microsoft .net framework.bios.vbs with the error code 80070002. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME FIX THIS?...